The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Building in Minecraft Tips
I see loads of people building, not in the best ways. I got some tips and back-ups about why you should do that.

1) Do not build your whole place out of wood

-Yes it sounds absurd. But you have loads and loads of cobblestone underneath your feet, use it.

-I once made a town out of wood and tried making a fire place. Well, guess what happened to the town? It burned down to the ground and all my hard work went to waste. . . On survival.

2) Don't try and build big big buildings before you find diamonds

-You -will- run out of resources.

-Diamonds can mine and get loads and loads of resources

-Diamonds can reduce fall damage, just in case.

3) MINE MINE MINE MINE!

-MINEcraft is made for mining resouces to survive and thrive with

-Dont stop mining, until you are fit with so many blocks (like 50 large chests filled with resources)

Those are my 3 donts and dos of minecraft
ohǫnˀadaga:yǫh

gnome guy

You forgot dont dig straight down. :3
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."
-Take nothing for granted. -
[Image: tumblr_m3fonvvR601qktztio3_250.gif]
Me and a few classmates are starting up a Factions PvP server for our class. We currently have one faction, "Morgenbaum", and we all have tree-skins. We even have a Professor Oak.
We are going to build a large tree-like structure out of wood, but it shall have an stone or obsidian skeleton, and then have posts on the branches where we can fire arrows and a TNT cannon on top. Doesn't that sound like a great plan?
Spoiler:
[Image: aADpK.gif]
I want there to be only the picture here, but sadly it is too large so I have to spoiler it and the spoiler doesn't appear if I don't write anything else here so now that's done, it's time for you to press it.
Yes! I think.

gnome guy

Tip, if trying to build a death fort out of obsidian? Make an outline first of something that's easy to break, otherwise if you need to make corrections it could take -hours- without freeform mode active.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I usually don't separate my building and resource gathering. I build as I get what I need, about one level at a time. And tip about building everything out of wood. If you intend on making a fireplace, obviously make it completely of cobblestone... and I personally would close off that building from others with a wall of cobblestone or dirt until I'm sure it won't catch fire.
Spoiler:
__________$$$$_____$$___$$$$$$_______
_________$$$$$______$$_$_____$$______
________$$$$$_______$$________$______
________$$$$$_______$_______$________
________$$$$$$_____$_______$_________
_________$$$$$$____$______$__________
__________$$$$$$$$_______$___________
__$$$_________$$$$$$$_$$_____________
$$$$$$$_________$$$__________________
_$$$$$$$_________$___________________
__$$$$$$_________$$__________________
___$$$___$_______$$__________________
___________$_____$___________________
_______$$$$_$___$____________________
_____$$$$$$__$_$$____________________
____$$$$$$$___$$_____________________
____$$$$$______$_____________________
____$$$________$_____________________
____$__________$_____________________
_____________$_$_____________________
______________$$_____________________
_______________$_____________________
For a eastern styled building with plaster, use wood, wooden planks and white wool as plaster.

For things concrning straight building without resource limits, feel free to ask for suggestions!
[Image: kuzco_llama_by_mroobalooba-d3jkg9p.png]

Oh my god... you didn't...
Buckets of water are your friend.
- They can put out lava
-They can provide easy to use elevators to help you safely get down deep holes
-Empty buckets can be use to make an air bubble under water buying you a lot of time to stay under water.
- if you have fast reflexes they can save you from fall damage. ( Aim at a near by wall and try to make the water sorce block hit where you are going to pass. you may pass right though it but it will slow your fall)
- in a thin hallway you can use it to make two water currents. put the water block between you and a creeper and it will push the creeper back and you away from the creeper. If you hide behind or in a pillar of water and the creeper blows up outside of it, you will take reduced damage.

Oh and avoid lillypads. Ye be in dangerous waters if you sail where there be lilly pads.

[Image: c36335d73555714146b393bce05c4a74.jpg]

[Image: 1219597_c9f207c53e0656326cf233adf2569bb2.jpg]
(06-10-2012, 02:42 PM)Sersay Wrote: You forgot dont dig straight down. :3

Funny story; every time I dig straight down from laziness, I strike diamond. -Every time.-
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
Lucky, If trying to build Roman Buildings, get lots and lots of bricks, stone and red. LOTS.

gnome guy

Ask before porting to someone if you can or not. Some people dont want other people at their work place. Some people also build far away for this reason.

Ask before building next to or near someone elses work. Or even -in- someone elses work.

But thats more general politeness than minecraft specific. But it needs to be stated.

A simple "May I ----" is all it takes. Really. Srsly. Ya rly!
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."
Also it is polite to ask to expand your workspace just in case someone is planning to work there or not.

gnome guy

Markers are good for that if you cant be around to tell anyone. I prefer impossible to miss lightstone towers for markers of something planned.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Minecraft Info/Users (2015) Kretol 19 21,984 06-18-2015, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Magikox
  NWN: Building a CotHlike experience Dae 10 2,973 01-23-2015, 11:19 PM
Last Post: Rynskald
  MineCraft Users Kretol 161 22,559 10-25-2014, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Harmonic
  Minecraft - Show your creation. Paylonas 0 1,670 06-28-2014, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Paylonas