The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Ashwatch vigil
[Image: Test_zpsddc0f083.png]

“Even standing before armageddon, the end of the world as we have or ever will know, we do not abandon our charge. Formed months ago now to defend what we hold dear, the Ash Wardens have ultimately failed. Our homes burned, our trees fell. Before my very eyes I watched the blood of my brothers and sisters spill. I can not look myself in the eye and say we've claimed a victory.

However hope is not lost.

Still we stand on duty, as we always will. Even in the face of death, destruction and defeat we will not falter, we will not disband. Instead we will take up new life. Fresh blood shall course through our veins as we take up a new vigil on this night blessed by the Goddess herself. On this day and for many to come we shall stand not as the conquered but the conquerers! And I swear upon the blood of our kin that have fallen before that I will see Orgrimmar painted red if it means we can live as we once had those eons ago!”

[Image: Whoarewe.png]

As the Cataclysm falls upon the world of Azeroth many have been left devastated in it's wake. Families have fallen apart, entire towns wiped off of the map, yet that is only the work of a dragon. Far worse is the machines of war that brood just over the horizon.

The Alliance and Horde are at war once again and this time around there seems to be nothing held back. Garrosh and the Warsong Clan push all the further into Ashenvale while his goblins terraform what once was a marvelous land. The Twilight Cults have risen in league with the naga and elemental lords, bringing death forth from the depths and down from the skies. All the while demons of the Burning Legion still call the lands of the Kaldorei their home.

The Ashwatch Vigil is an organization of militant Night Elves that have taken up arms in order to defend their homelands through any means necessary. The group's main focus is set on the defense of Ashenvale in order to push back the orcish intruders, however their sights are not limited to that region alone as there are many more enemies to face than the orcs alone.

[Image: Whatdowedo.png]

As generations pass and soldiers retire to a peaceful life on a pig farm, there must be the willing youth to rise to the occasion and take up arms. This is the first purpose of the Ashwatch, to train and arm new soldiers- whether they be druid, priestess, sentinel or any other. This training regimen includes the induction and training of Watchers and Wardens alike. The Calling of the Aswatch is to honor their homeland- Ashenvale. They serve as a constant guard for their sacred homelands, defending it with every ounce of zealotry and passion their forms can spare. It matters little as to who their foe is, they will strike with little mercy.

This is not all, however. In the troubling times of the Cataclysm there have been a great many left dying or without family. The Ashwatch Vigil is not solely a regiment of troops but a family of brothers and sisters all together through the best and worst of it all. While many struggle with physical relief, the family atmosphere does it's best to provide psychological relief.

[Image: Baseofoperations.png]

The entirety of Ashenvale was once at their disposal in order to establish a hold, however with the havoc of the Cataclysm along with the advances of war have caused the lively forces to retreat. Instead the Ashwatch now keep their operations close to Astranaar in order to help defend should the orcs of Hellscream's Watch ever decide to attack.

[Image: Recruitment.png]

At one point the Ashwatch prided themselves to be a sort of hand-picked elite amongst their own people, but the desperate times have caused a change of pace. Now Recruitment is handled very basically, to join all you may need is a head on your shoulders and a sword in your hands, though those of more experience are more than a welcomed sight.

[Image: Rankings.png]

Captain - The Warden Captain of the Ashwatch Vigil. To the surprise of many the Warden is not a woman, but a man who goes by the name of Anthrion Ironraven. While he is the head of operations, the word of the officers below him are dearly Valued.

Warden - These few are regarded as the councilors to the Captain and are tasked with finding a replacement should the need arrise. Contrary to the name, those who hold this rank do not need to be wardens in Kaldorei society and can come from nearly any walk of life.

Watchmaster - The base level officer rank, Watchmasters are tasked with overlooking the Elites and the Vigilants that work beneath them.

Elite - Those Vigilants that have proven themselves to be masterfully skilled will find themselves elevated to the Elite of the Ashwatch. These men and women are intended to be the shining examples that the Vigilants are to follow. Not only are they warriors but they are tutors and guides for wartime skills such as the use of bows and arrows, spears, glaives, windriding, and so on.

Vigilant - The meat of the Ashwatch Vigil are the Vigilants themselves. From priests to warriors, mages to hunters the Vigilants come from many walks of life but enlist to serve one purpose: to defend their homelands at any cost.

Prospects - Prospects are not considered to be official ranking members of the Ashwatch Vigil, instead they are simply those who may have caught the attention of the Captain or his officers.

[Image: Rules.png]

As you are working under the jurisdiction of Wardens and Watchers, you are expected to follow all of the traditional and current Kaldorei laws. However the Captain's Rule is not absolute. any majority vote by those beneath him can result in the override of his authority.

Those joining the Ashwatch are also expected to follow the server's Out-Of-Character ruling as it's defined upon our wiki.
[attachment=2021]
What an odd name for a Kaldorei baking club!
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
Spoiler:
[Image: 2ww.png]
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
What happened to the Angels?
I figure some may not be in favor of the joke for such a serious Guild.
I kinda wish the name were Ashen or something, 'cause it just sounds weird.

...BUT I LIKE IT. Maybe mah elf hash a playsh.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
Mava will sign on, if/when she hears about it.
Changed the ranking up a bit!

Now there's an Officer Rank that will be available to be achieved by any class, as opposed to prior where only those hoping to become a Warden would have a shot at being an officer.

The new rank is the Huntress, and it's not gender specific.
I approve of this guild.
Revenge, Recovery and Respite

~ Tuesday June 19th, 2012 at 6:00AM Server time ~

Kalah and Franziska have requested help in dealing with a group of cultists that has stolen their weapons and armor. Hopefully it will be a short, lopsided event mainly to boost morale and to prove new recruits. Corchel and Franziska will be cooking up a victory feast in Astranaar afterwards for those interested!
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
This missive has been given to all Ash Wardens that can be reached. Druids scampering off into the unknown in cat form may miss it.

Spoiler:
[Image: 2mryvdi.png]

OOC: Why is making images transparent so hard, and ogod the misspelling corrections everywhere. :c
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
(07-01-2012, 05:12 PM)c0rzilla Wrote: OOC: Why is making images transparent so hard, and ogod the misspelling corrections everywhere. :c

I'm assuming that the image had a white background before, right? It looks like you attempted to use the color selection tool to pick out the white and then just delete it. This can work sometimes, but it can just as easily look very messy.

There's a wonderful tool that I adore with every fiber of my being called the Pen Tool (Photoshop) or Path Tool (GIMP). This allows you to create paths on an image that can then be later manipulated in a variety of ways. I could potentially sit down with you later to show how I use it, but basically I trace the outline of the shape I want. Then I right-click the path and choose to make a selection based on the path. When the window pops up, I make sure that I have anti-alias enabled and also occasionally feather the selection; this allows me to make a smoother edge. From there, invert the selection and delete its contents. This should bring up a nice, clean image with the offending parts removed.

There are lots of ways of doing this (Google should bring up literally hundreds of sites offering tutorials), but I found that this option usually gives me the best results.

At some point I'm going to record myself doing this just so that people can see.
Spoiler:
The Forests have been peaceful...

[Image: Peace-1.png]
The Ancients are at rest, the lands have been guarded...

[Image: Ancient-1.png]

We have been able to thrive and rebuild...

[Image: Safety-1.png]

But... It will not always be this way...

We have our enemies, and they will rise.

From the East the Orcs rise from their fiery deserts with axes ablaze.

[Image: Orcs-1.png]

From the Seas our cousins rise, the Vile Naga nipping at our heels with spears and tridents...

[Image: Naga-1.png]

And from the north, beasts of unknown power writhe in their sleep while their dark minions curse the land...

[Image: Oldgod-1.png]

However we do not stand as individuals, but as brother and sister, a unified people.

[Image: We-1.png]

From the druids of the Wilds...

[Image: Druid-1.png]

To the Priests of Elune...

[Image: Priest-1.png]

And every warrior in between...

[Image: Warrior-1.png]

We will stand together as the defenders of our people, as the Wardens of this Ashen Vale. And we will protect until our dying breath.

[Image: Darnassus-1.png]

Updated from head to toe for the new cataclysm!

Bandu Thoribas!
I've been hanging around Astranaar but I'm affraid I never actually caught glimpse of you guys. Are you still around, or just active in different times/areas?