The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

An Announcement from Administration (IC and OOC)
[Image: comments5.com_2.gif]

Kapre Wrote:              To all employees of The Love Exchange:

I will be leaving the business as administrator, head matchmaker, and event coordinator.

Do forgive this short and sudden notice, but ever since Celes and I broke up, the spirit that haunted me since February was finally defeated, and a vision of the felling of Shattrath returned to me in my dreams, I cannot think straight nor concentrate on work at all. I am too weary, too depressed, and honestly, near suicidal. I am normally not this honest about myself towards others such as yourselves, but I realize this lack of honesty has become my downfall. As such, I am to inform you that your Boss is not well in body, mind, and spirit at all. I need this rest.

I will be stepping down as your leader for the time being despite the Sports Fair being incomplete in planning. During my leave, I will grant administrative powers to all employees of The Love Exchange, though I will leave Tibalan the responsibility of business reporting and finances and Kantado with employment. Until I return, feel free to plan the Sports Fair as however you wish. Just don't run the business into the ground, please.

Don't search for me--I will return when I feel I am ready. I have Aria with me, so don't worry about her safety.

If there are any emergencies with the business that none of you can handle yourselves, you may cnntact my sister Diwaata or my brother-in-law Cristovao diSilvio.

Light's blessings, Spirits be with you, Elune guide your path, Earthmother watch over you, and farewell.

--Kapre

P.S.: Don't file for me a third-person matchmaking profile on my name or I will fire you all.

THE OOC ANNOUNCEMENT:

No, I'm not leaving TLE. As you can see in my post above, I've left Tibalan and Kantado (both RPed by me) some administrative power, but in general, matchmaking, events ideas and coordination, etc., are all shared and sponsored for and by everybody in TLE. But there is a reason why I'm having Kapre leave TLE for a moment:

Kapre meant it when he said he's feeling near suicidal. There are IC reasons for this as well as OOC.

While OOC life is improving for me since I got a second job, it hasn't for Kapre IC--this is a guy who faced widowhood, had a child die before his eyes, face spirit hauntings, encounter two break-ups, and is now dealing with single fatherhood (with adopted children, now retconned from blood children because familial separation would be even much more unbearable). In other words, RPing Kapre stopped being fun. While I do enjoy making my characters suffer, there is usually always a glimmer of hope that keeps them going. Not Kapre. He currently has no friends, and whatever friends he had before are now busy with their own lives. At the moment, Kapre is facing soul-crushing isolation.

I'm taking a business break on this character, so any TLE-related stuff you'd like to do such as employment, profiling, and matchmaking, refer to Tibalan and Kantado. Both are capable of profiling and zany lovey-dovey schemes, and both can gladly fill in the derpy void in Kapre's place.

Otherwise, Kapre won't be back until after the Sports Fair. He's still open for RP, mind you, but only to meet up with friends, new and old.

BY THE WAY. that P.S.? I don't want Kapre to have a lover anymore. Too much heartbreak for him IC and me OOC. If I decide to have Kapre available for another lover, it has to be either a character played by CappnRob or a staff member (both of Kapre's breakups occurred because of the characters' players becoming inactive). But for the love of God, no draegirls rolled specifically for Kapre. To be honest, it feels fake for me as an RPer, and Kapre would not appreciate a soulless doll for a wife.

Feel free to leave IC and OOC responses, but do distinguish them with brackets for OOC.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
(( Time for Noria to FIX THIS WRECK AND MAKE HIM HAPPY. ))
I suppose the Atilio story will wait then? Fair enough by me.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
(The Atillio story can continue. It's TLE stuff I want to take a break from with Kapre.)
I TRAUMATIZED HIM WITH A VISION OF SHATTRATH BURNING
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
Kapre Wrote:Dear Kantado,

I'll be coming back shortly. I'll be sending a new profile to you. I hope the Sports Fair is going well. I may visit you while you host.

-Kapre

Kantado Wrote:BOSS COME BACK ALREADY.

I am sorry to have sent this late, but I am currently in Shattrath City in Outland to respond to some spirits with whom I have walked. Circumstances occurred which I did not foretell in that my return to Azeroth may be delayed for a time. But fear not! I am still doing the best I can to keep this business running. It's this time, however, that I urge you all to take on your duties as if you still have administrative power.

I am working on getting us a second headquarters near Dalaran. The exact location's name escapes me at the moment, but I am working on getting us a tavern as well as a performance stage to call our own. Hopefully we'll be getting the entertainment and culinary segments of the business running soon.

In addition, Xanthe has been brainstorming on other directions we could be taking the business. I encourage you all to meet with her if you can.

As of this writing, I am currently unwell and may not be able to communicate often. If any emergencies come up, contact Mahen'tosh Blindthunder, with whom I am staying with. Otherwise, if for any reason you decide to come to Outland, I am resting in Shattrath.

Many blessings to you all.

--Kapre
(( Way to make everyone panic, Kapre. ;P ))
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
(Wasn't intended!)

We are currently working to build an affiliation with the Universal Trade Union where we would build a mutually beneficial relationship with our respective businesses. Please expect yourselves to encounter them fairly often.

Our relationship will be a cooperative one. I would rather you not cause any antagonism or else you will be reprimanded promptly.

Many blessings to you all.

--Kapre
This was written and placed on the employee memos, but the handwriting is different, as if someone else wrote it. Should anyone come to Kapre's office, you will see more scribbles and writings of this nature scattered all over.

They are all written in various languages: Darnassian, Orcish, Thalassian, Zandali, Taurahe, Dwarven, Gnomish, Goblin, Common. No Draenei.

Spoiler:
Kapre Wrote:tHeyRE coMiNG. ThEYre aNgrY.

Kapre Wrote:THEyre cOmING. theYRE ANGry.

Kapre Wrote:THEYRE COMING AND YOU CANNOT STOP THEM.
Rinzul shrugs and continues about her way to gorge upon Tib's leftovers. "Dat bossmon sure be da wierdest some a da times."
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]
Quote:              To all the employees of The Love Exchange:

My name is Lord Willelm-Anthony of the House of Salsborough, and I am your new employer and administrator. The company, due to it being sunk, was bought out in order to salvage what is left. Ms. Roux Blackwood is my secretary, and I have appointed Mrs. Xanthe Kaper [sic] and Mr. Joffles [sic] as my administrative assistants. Your former employer, Mr. Kaper [sic], has voluntarily stepped down.

I hope to arrange for a meeting for everyone so I can get to know you all, as well as to discuss the changes in the business and administration. As war is raging all over Azeroth, this business cannot afford to be a front for peace-loving neutrality. I'm told your company was threatened at least twice because of your previous mission.

Good day and good luck to you all. Please respond to me as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Willelm
Dear Lord Willelm-Anthony of House Salsborough, Administrator of the Love Exchange, New employer and boss,

My schedule is flexible and I have the means to travel throughout the world apart from some of the more Alliance held or war ravaged lands. I will attempt my best to attend any sort of meeting you set up, as I would also like to know who exactly I'll be working for.

Sincerely,

Noria Duskbinder
A simple OOC reminder:

Player clients are allowed and even encouraged to skim through the Clientele lists and suggests their own matches for their characters--Out of Character. DO NOT, however, go ahead of the TLE matchmakers to officialize your own match without their permission. Not only would you be defeating the purpose of having matchmakers in the first place, it's also a sign of metagaming unless the self-matching clients have a prior relationship (platonic, professional, etc), not to mention we cannot track the courtship status if you made the matches yourselves and say nothing. A couple times we've made proposed matches for our clients, only for these clients to have already found love and forgot to ask for their profiles to be withdrawn.

We are fine and even happy with players finding love on their own; in fact, TLE still has services available for clients/non-clients who have found their own love, from arranging dates to providing gifts and even relationship counselling and advice should the clients and pairs find uncertainty in their present and future.

The reason we encourage players to suggest their own matches is because in the end, not only is the match for the characters, but also the players. IC couples often succeed not only because the characters are compatible, but the players are good, trusting friends who can meet often enough to keep the characters' love kindled. Also, TLE as an actual guild of matchmakers in its entire history was always made up of a very, very small (yet dedicated) group of players with their own lives and own preferences in RP beyond romance. Players suggesting their matches REALLY help us OOC.

Also, just like in real life, RP romances tend to fail on the first (few) tries. Business matchmakers work on the grounds of compatibility that would help the clients with increasing their chances on finding and keeping love, but in the end, the choice of the match lies in you, the player/character. We the matchmakers are not miracle workers who can magically find you your one true love (especially on the first date and especially within the first year). They are simply a mediating party who uses objective knowledge, research, and experience in assisting those who have trouble finding or keeping love on their own. They cannot do their jobs if everyone undermines their efforts by going around their backs after asking for their help in the first place or expecting unrealistic results when they want to help the client be compatible for any match.

FOR TLE EMPLOYEES: You are allowed to have matches with clients as long as you have a profile yourself and another matchmaker proposed and officialized the match.

Thank you, everyone, for taking your time to consider <The Love Exchange> in helping you find your romantic needs.