The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A new setting for Seena.
Seena was a character I had made before for a more closed rp. It was fun and all, but it faded away. And I don't see it coming back. So I plan to take the original concept and twist it around a bit where she can function more outside the rouge DK guild.

Seena is a Draenei who's mind had been so shattered after her death and rebirth that she became a 'hollow shell.' In her story that I plan to write she had become one of the unworthy initiates due to the fact that when her mind did return, despite being controlled by the Lich King, she was no good with any of her abilities. Before she was killed however, her other side had come out, (Seena calls her Anees, others sometimes cal her Anguish) and killed the other Death Knight who was to kill her for her test. Anees continued to be the dominant mind until the liberation of the DK's where she reverted back to Seena. But the point of that was Anees is more of a silent monster, and tends to attack what they can. I'm guessing the Ebon Blade who would know that would assign a 'handler' to keep Seena under wraps and try to 'fix' her mind.

Thoughts on the idea? Wanna help out with a handler for her? Post it below if you would.
I would honestly highly suggest moving away from the split persona idea, as pulling off such things can be hard to do without actually offending the ones who may actually suffer from such things.
(07-09-2012, 08:32 PM)Reigen Wrote: I would honestly highly suggest moving away from the split persona idea, as pulling off such things can be hard to do without actually offending the ones who may actually suffer from such things.
I'd have to agree with this sentiment. I'd feel more comfortable making it not be a matter of split personality.
However, if it were a manifestation not of Dissociative Identity Disorder and something specific to the death and Death Knight revival, (and roleplayed accordingly) I wouldn't mind it too terribly.

I mean, there are a lot of Forsaken who lost their past memories and form new identities in death. If her resurrection was botched somehow, and she forgot everything about her life, she would have to form a new identity to survive. And I'd expect someone who was a blank slate, in a kill-or-be-killed, eliminate all life environment and under the Lich King's influence would turn into an absolute monster.
If the loss of the Lich King's mental domination allowed Senna to remember the person was, she wouldn't need to revert back and forth between "Identities." Just have everything engrained into her while under the Lich King's control manifest very strongly whenever something causes the death knight bloodlust to flare up.

Have any idea or behavior enforced in your mind enough, and even when you're out of said environment, its hard to deny it. Like how my friend's adopted child from China took years to stop hoarding food, even though he never went hungry a day after entering his new home. Just replace the child with Senna and stockpiling food with killing people and... I actually don't like that imagery very much. But you get the idea.
Perhaps I misunderstand where you're going with the character, but I don't think the split personality thing is necessary.
Been there, done that. I'm not sure how many of you remember Joz'luz, pre-restart; well, at first, I wanted him to have more personalities as well, but, for convenience and due to the concept being extremely problematic in copying, I was asked to drop it, and so I did. Now I will admit that I've RP'd pre-profilation, but it seemed hard then as it was, so being told by somebody else that it could be hard... was the cherry on top.

My opinion? Well, if you can pull it off good, do it! BUT. Not without an approved profile.
The original idea was for her to have a split personality. I've decided against that. This would be more of a defense she's made for herself. Her emotions get the better of her or she truly feels she's going to die she herself blacks out and 'Anees' takes over as a true to her class Death Knight. I know people who do the black out thing. It's more of a rush of wanting to hut something (With the people I know it is at least) and I think it would work with Death Knights (They like to hurt stuff after all)

-Edit-

And yes, I plan to write a profile for her before I start playing her again. The issue was I wished to know if one: The Ebon Blade would indeed giver her a handler and two: this 'hulk' could work.
PERSONALLY

I like the idea of a DK who shouldn't have survived. Like, she was going to be executed as an unworthy initiate, but barely dodged the bullet because of the Archeus revolution. This would put her in a very unique (if downright depressing) situation as a person: she'd be shunned by the living for being a DK, and probably shunned by her fellow DKs for being a weakling unable of utilizing her powers properly.

BUT THAT'S JUST ME.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
(07-10-2012, 02:00 AM)KageAcuma Wrote: The original idea was for her to have a split personality. I've decided against that. This would be more of a defense she's made for herself. Her emotions get the better of her or she truly feels she's going to die she herself blacks out and 'Anees' takes over as a true to her class Death Knight. I know people who do the black out thing. It's more of a rush of wanting to hut something (With the people I know it is at least) and I think it would work with Death Knights (They like to hurt stuff after all)

-Edit-

And yes, I plan to write a profile for her before I start playing her again. The issue was I wished to know if one: The Ebon Blade would indeed giver her a handler and two: this 'hulk' could work.
1. If Senna was sincere about wanting to not go berzerk and hurt people, I'd imagine the Knights of the Ebon Blade would find it within their own interests to keep her from going from apparently friendly to a crazed murderer. The only thing is, I'd expect Senna's willingness to be helped would be necessary to get it to work.

2. Yes, as long as it weren't a split personality thing.

Also, does Senna run around armored and armed?
I believe Death Knights should always be in armor and carry their blades. So she would.