The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Dungeon Defenders
If A 1980's Gauntlet cabinet fell in love with a tower defense game and had a baby, that baby would be Dungeon Defenders.

Now imagine the baby grew up in a world of modern sensibilities and deep RPGs, and one day came out to its parents. "Mom, dad, I want to have randomly-generated loot and a surprisingly-complex system for character advancement."

So anyway, this game and all its DLC are 60% off on Steam right now. You can get the game itself for a little over seven dollars, with DLC packs as low as sixty cents a piece. I recommend the New Heroes pack, which is the best bargain for extra characters, and nab some of the mission packs while you're in there.

I picked the game up via the generosity of a friend online, and I sat down to play it. Six hours later, it was almost 7am and I was a right mess. Instant addiction, like the first time I played Minecraft or Bejeweled. I cannot recommend this hard enough.
I already have it. Kinda got bored of it eventually, though. See, I play as the sorceress, I think that's her name, and playing her all you really do is build towers and watch them do their thing. It get's old. Admittedly, it took around 14 hours until it started getting old.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
I've played it as well... It's not my style. Which is odd, as I like things like it - like Sacrifice or Savage.

It just doesn't do it for me, and I get bored quickly - neither from an action nor tower defense perspective.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
Dunno if I'd say Sacrifice is similar, though.
Spoiler:
(07-13-2012, 06:38 PM)Roxas65 Wrote: Dunno if I'd say Sacrifice is similar, though.

It's still action-y with the ability to build things, which is generally what I was referring to.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
Yeah. However, Dungeon Defenders is a tower defense game while Sacrifice, last I looked, is part of the extremely obscure genre known as action RTS. In fact, the only other game I can think of belonging to the same genre is Brutal Legend.
Spoiler: