The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

My introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I've been a gamer since I was a child, I remember getting my first Nintendo 64 along with the Donkey Kong 64 game. As I grew up, my taste in videogames became more centered in RPGs (note: even when these are my favourite type of games, I still enjoy others like shooters and music games). My favourite videogame of all time has been The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion. For me, nothing will ever top the magic of creating a backstory for everything you found in that game, starting with your own character. My first roleplaying experience was probably, and oddly enough, in the RTS Age of Mythology. Back in the day, people used to mod and customize their own maps to make any imaginable scenario possible. I have roleplayed in WoW before in another private server, however I left it because it was being abandoned my many people and roleplay was very scarce.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from Mexico (viva), and my primary language is spanish, however I've been to a british school my entire life, including kindergarden so I speak english fluently.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got into Warcraft a couple of years after it was released, I saw an advertisement for the 10-day trial that Blizzard offered. I immediately signed up, having heard about the game in the past. I fell in love with it. Just before my 9th day of the trial was over, a friend of mine contacted me to tell me all about the most famous MMORPG back then. He told me that his brother had found a private server in which we could sign up for. I played on this server, which was a blizzlike TBC for about two years. After that time, I got tired of it because it was never updated. I left WoW for maybe two or three years, and then I heard about roleplaying WoW servers.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I won't lie, I googled "World of Warcraft top private roleplaying servers" and this was the first match. I went through the site and it seems like a very professional and friendly server.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy all kinds of roleplaying. Not equally, mind you. However, to me the fun of roleplaying isn't in having favourite scenarios, it is in creating an interactive and possibly deep story with your very own character. I like adapting to any role and consider it a fun challenge. My favourite roleplays in the past have been in guilds, however it didn't necessarily involve having every member of the guild present, I've had memorable experiences when just one or two people were present.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
This one is tough. My favourite race is probably the Undead, simply because they are maybe the most different from every other race in terms of how they think and feel. My favourite class is the Warlock. This is because my first character was a Warlock, which makes me feel a strange kind of bond with that particular class (if that makes any sense to anyone). I also enjoy roleplaying with or as a Warlock, I am very attracted to the dark faiths and beliefs they have.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I just expect this server to have a constant roleplay from the members of the community, which have to be respectful as well as friendly, and willing to try new roleplays at almost any time. I expect the server to be technically qualified, meaning that the GMs would have to try their best to make a roleplay idea a reality to their best of their ability.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Personally, I think the "Humility" section states a vital rule for a roleplaying experience that functions. I must confess, when I started roleplaying, this was something that I found hard to follow. But with time, I learned that if everyone acts with humility, the roleplay experience can be even better for everyone.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The night sky disappeared from Bruce's sight as he threw his sweat drenched body under a palm tree. His heart was pounding, sour drops were sliding down his arms and falling on the jungle floor. The only noises present on the scene were the crickets' tune, Bruce's heavy breathing and a couple of gunshots and screams every now and then.

Bruce ripped off his red bandana, which he was given on the first day as a Bloodsail Buccaneer, and threw it away from him, as if it was a snake that had slithered its way up his head. If he was discovered with that item, he would be killed in an instant. His best chance of survival was to remain hidden in the jungle until the night had passed, sneak into Booty Bay passing as a traveler, and take a boat somewhere, possibly Ratchet. As Bruce fantasized with his plans to escape the Blackwater's, he heard the light rattle of a bush nearby. He immediately fixed his gaze towards the general direction of the noise. A few seconds passed and nothing seemed to move again. Perhaps a small bird had been the source.

Bruce got on his feet slowly, but his uncontrollable trembling made him clumsy, and he had to grasp for the tree to keep his balance. He looked through the dense vegetation and managed to see the silver sand (the bright moon gave it this color) of the beach. No Blackwaters in sight. This soothed the former Buccaneer for a second, but what he caught next made him yelp in panic. The sand was gaining a bright color, the color of flames. People were moving towards him.

He dropped behind the palm tree in a split of a second. His breathing was heavier than ever, and he felt slightly dizzy. He tried to control himself and think straight. If he ran, he would be shot down in an instant. But he could not stay hidden there, it wasn't a good enough spot. He looked around, and it took him a couple of seconds to see it. A few yards ahead, he saw a clearing flooded with moonlight, which came through a hole on the jungle roof at an angle which was perfect for a stealth move he had learned as a buccaneer.

Bruce stood up again slowly, this time he kept his balance thanks to the confidence he now felt. The sand looked bright orange now. The Blackwaters must be very close. It wasn't the ideal time to run to the clearing. If one of those pirates was looking towards the jungle at the time that he made his move, everything would be lost. However, this was as good as it was going to get. He took a deep breath, and legged it.

He got to the clearing in a surprisingly easy way, considering the dense vegetation. Perhaps that short tram was used a lot by animals. Who knows? it was not important to him. As he got to the silver patch of jungle, he faced at a spot which was behind the point through which the moonlight was coming from. This spot seemed completely dark, due to the fact that the light was shining directly on his eyes when he looked towards it. Simply perfect. He walked blindly towards this spot, congratulating himself in advance for surviving through the night.

Out of the dark spot, a long scimitar shot out and punctured through Bruce's chest. As the blood seeped and the air fled through the fatal wound, a figure with recent battle wounds and a red bandana around his head appeared slowly.

"Taken." he whispered.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Not really, I hope this introduction reflects me as a player, and I also hope I'll be roleplaying with you in the near future.
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, please make sure to check out our Rules, Policies, FAQs, and Wiki. We also have an area dedicated to guides to help with things from races to classes and everything in between!
Be sure to join the channel 'chat' for anything related in-game such as questions about server policies or information on lore, and 'barrens' for anything off-topic that follows server rules. LFG is used for seeking role-play. Use the OOC portal to go just about anywhere in the game, but be sure to visit the OOC area for all the trainers and vendors. There's also an innkeeper there that you can set your hearthstone to. :)

If you ever have any questions, feel free to PM me!

You do speak very well, I wouldn't have known your main language was Spanish. Also, good news! The Black Harvest is the largest guild on the server and it is for Forsaken. I'd suggest checking it out to see if it suits you. :)
Welcome to CotH (on the Overlords birthday) hope to see you in-game soon!
ohǫnˀadaga:yǫh

gnome guy

Thank you so much, I hope I'll see you around!