The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Bloodlust
How long would it take for bloodlust to wear off (from Demon Blood), if they ignored any treatment (ie, getting the crap beat out of them into sense)? I was just wondering becuase I was thinking of making an orc that still had a hint of blood lust and yaa. Information would be nice :D.
ohǫnˀadaga:yǫh

gnome guy

...Are you talking about the orc racial trait?
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Nope, when they drank Demon Blood on Draenor they had a bloodlust, so they went to Azeroth and totally kicked ass until they went to Internment Camps where they had to deal with it. And they don't have this 'lust' anymore.

gnome guy

I'm still not sure what you're asking.

Does your orc currently consume felblood? Are you speaking of orcs in general?

The racial blood lust has generally faded, though particularly angry orcs could perhaps be prone to what's left of it. Though, it would be incorrect to RP an orc as a homicidal savage. They do not "Hulk out" as it were.

If your orc currently had a sip of demon blood--I am unsure. Depends on how much it was, how strong his will is, what kind of demon. I'd say--maybe a few days were it a regular sized vial of the stuff.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
I think he wants a timeline reference of when bloodlust was starting to wear off. I am guessing due to the lethargy this was around the time when they were interned in the camps.
Thanks Wuvvums! Also, thank you c0r :D.

gnome guy

...that kinda does make me wonder...

What exactly is the 'bloodlust' that effects the younger generations of orcs? The way I've always interpretted it, is that its a more prolonged adrenaline rush that comes on during "high tension" situations - I.E extreme physical trauma or emotional outburst. I've never RP'd it before, but if I were that's how I'd do it; have every aspect of an adrenaline rush, just...longer.

Would that be totally wrong and am I a terrible RP'r for thinking that?
Spoiler:
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrkzIN2eP0U[/video]

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong..."
Unlike the Blood Elves, Orcs will revert back to their 'brown' state after a number of generations. Their change is not permanent. That being said, their entire race has a natural bloodlust working for them, it's just that the demonic influence kicked this bloodlust to eleven. Without any demonic interference, their bloodlust is entirely natural, and depends on the individual. Some Orcs might barely feel it, some might have to fight with it every day.

Bloodlust likely kicks in during times of stress. As Krent said, it's a mixture of a natural adrenaline rush and berserker's rage. Fel influence will simply intensify this.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Quote:Unlike the Blood Elves, Orcs will revert back to their 'brown' state after a number of generations.

As a side note;

Blizzard Wrote:Q: Why do blood elves still have green eyes?
A: Corruption from fel energies takes a long time to wear off. It's why most orcs are still green even though Mannoroth is dead.

From here. I'm fairly sure Blood Elves will revert back to normal in time.
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]
(07-24-2012, 03:07 PM)Vee Wrote:
Quote:Unlike the Blood Elves, Orcs will revert back to their 'brown' state after a number of generations.

As a side note;

A: Corruption from fel energies takes a long time to wear off. It's why most orcs are still green even though Mannoroth is dead.

This is correct. Blizz has stated that it'll wear off in Blood Elves in a while. But it will take a few hundred years before that happens.

Back on topic. I'd think Bloodlust'd wane without being fed by Fel. Since the orcs were mostly peaceful before the Legion turned 'em into Fel-infused creatures. So, it's why it's nigh-unheard of among the Frostwolves, whereas the more Fel-favorable clans display it by the gallon.

I wonder why a Shaman Bloodlusting/Heroism-ing does Hulk you out(hence the increase in size), yet the natural Orc Bloodlust doesn't.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
(07-24-2012, 03:30 PM)flammos200 Wrote:

As a side note;

This is correct. Blizz has stated that it'll wear off in Blood Elves in a while. But it will take a few hundred years before that happens.

Seems not. If you pay attention to the books (Starter book, got my brother the battle chest for his birthday) the blood elves who were once shorter then the night elves are now the same size. (They had that scale that show's height and all)

Quote:Back on topic. I'd think Bloodlust'd wane without being fed by Fel. Since the orcs were mostly peaceful before the Legion turned 'em into Fel-infused creatures. So, it's why it's nigh-unheard of among the Frostwolves, whereas the more Fel-favorable clans display it by the gallon.

I wonder why a Shaman Bloodlusting/Heroism-ing does Hulk you out(hence the increase in size), yet the natural Orc Bloodlust doesn't.

I think it's more of an ingame mechanic then a lore fact.
(07-24-2012, 03:49 PM)KageAcuma Wrote:
(07-24-2012, 03:30 PM)flammos200 Wrote:

As a side note;

Seems not. If you pay attention to the books (Starter book, got my brother the battle chest for his birthday) the blood elves who were once shorter then the night elves are now the same size. (They had that scale that show's height and all)

Quote:Back on topic. I'd think Bloodlust'd wane without being fed by Fel. Since the orcs were mostly peaceful before the Legion turned 'em into Fel-infused creatures. So, it's why it's nigh-unheard of among the Frostwolves, whereas the more Fel-favorable clans display it by the gallon.

I think it's more of an ingame mechanic then a lore fact.

Ask the CDevs supersedes all other Lore-information, because it comes right from Blizz's Creative Developers. From Metzen's Mouth to our ears.

And, the fact that BElves come to be NElven sized is only proof that the corruption's receding... Although, I wonder why it's going away so quickly. I mean, the shift back to NElf size is... huge... I thought it would take longer. But I guess those're the effects of living next to a huge well that overflows with Light from the heart of a Naaru.

As for Bloodlust - which do you think is game mechanic? That Shammie Bloodlust grows you(Note, this happened in WC3 as well), or that Orc bloodlust doesn't?
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
I would say the Shammie one simply because growing someone through bloodlust is somewhat.. Odd.
Quote:While it was once believed that blood elves and high elves were exactly the same biological race,[7] separated more by cultural differences than physiological ones, it has since been determined that they are, in fact, beginning to evolve into a separate race, due largely to their consumption of mana from primarily fel sources.[8][9] This reliance on fel magic causes the eyes of blood elves to glow green with demonic fire.[1] This readily available source of energy also tends to give blood elves a ruddier or paler look compared to their quel'dorei cousins. A blood elf can appear like a high elf bearing odd red tattoos across his or her face and arms. However, his or her hair and skin is much paler than that of a high elf, their eyes glint with a green light, and they wear blood-red robes.[1] These represent signs of evolution from their high elven cousins, and it is believed that, with time, they may become as physically distant to high elves as satyrs are to night elves.[1]

From the wowwiki blood elf page. Though wowwiki has a tendency to be off, and this information comes from the RPG.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
The current Orc bloodlust is still there, it's like an itch at the back of their minds. It will take quite some time to run out, some people may be affected by it more than others and others might not be at all if they're calm enough.

So, yeah, you're free to play an Orc who still suffers from bloodlust, just remember that most people wont take your anger well and you'd be imprisoned for causing trouble.