The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Need help learning how to become a "good" story-teller!
I was wondering if one of the GMs, CMs, or RPers could possibly help me become a good story teller, I really want to learn so I can further my skills in Role Playing.

Also why am I not a peon? :9
Hi honey, if you'd like to PM me about any specific questions regarding storytelling and roleplaying, I'd be delighted to help.

As per your question -- please be patient. :)
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
You tagged with the best Gnome on the server. *Points up* But even so, I'm always up for offering my help via PM if you'd like!
Myself as well. PM any specific questions but I will offer one little tip that I use quite frequently. Follow links on wowwiki until you find some interesting little lore tidbit and build your tale around that. Just make sure it has references to actual game lore, there is an aweful lot of speculation on there.
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]
(08-03-2012, 03:28 AM)Nikodemos Wrote: Myself as well. PM any specific questions but I will offer one little tip that I use quite frequently. Follow links on wowwiki until you find some interesting little lore tidbit and build your tale around that. Just make sure it has references to actual game lore, there is an aweful lot of speculation on there.

I use wowwiki/wowpedia frequently, I'm not loretarded and I don't create my own lore that involves me being the "SON OF ARTHAS WHO IS THE MOTHER OF THRALL" like I've seen before (Crazy2)
(08-03-2012, 06:01 AM)Twankiez Wrote: I use wowwiki/wowpedia frequently, I'm not loretarded and I don't create my own lore that involves me being the "SON OF ARTHAS WHO IS THE MOTHER OF THRALL" like I've seen before (Crazy2)

I merely suggested that there are many interesting stories to be had, based off less than developed regional locations and lore. For example, I'm currently building a portion of my event chain around the lore surrounding troggs. I don't want to go into details as I have yet to run the event, but I will say that small, often incomplete, lore fragments often open up amazing opportunities for hosted events. Even more so when your players take actions that you never could have expected. For all the merits of planning a story to the most minute detail, it does pay to be highly flexible. Aside from that the only other advice I can offer is work with some of your players to increase the depth of your tale. Another player's character will always have goals that can develop your story further than you could yourself. Most of us wish to suprise all of our players with an indepth questline but a much more emersive experience can be had for said players if you do some initial planning with one or more of them. I generally try to pull my players into the story development stage in a methodical fashion. I chose one or two who's characters I believe could throw a twist into the event and toss ideas for the development of the initial plan back and forth. In this way not everyone is familiar with the details of the story and yet I am still able to enhance the quality of the events by drawing upon the ideas and character goals of my team. I try to involve all of my people at some point in the event chain and believe that, in addition to the positive effects offered in regards to the storyline, this also offers practice for those who might otherwise not involve themselves in such story development. This being said, there is no reason you can't personally institute additional twists that will suprise and, essentially keep your development team on their toes, as well.
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In regards to "tell us a story!" aharmlessNPC 2 1,184 11-29-2013, 05:51 PM
Last Post: aharmlessNPC
  Greetings Rpr's Good to Be Home :D oblivion1 4 1,977 02-19-2012, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Zenethen