The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

When file gives you melons...
So. Seems my WoW-playing comp got a bug... Or... Something. Nonetheless, it has ceased to be able to play anything and it's quite hard to get into it as is. I have saved sensitive files, but overall I will not be able to play WoW until I can acquire a system restore disk to WIPE THE HARD-DRIVE OF ANYTHING THAT DARES TO TEST MY WRATH.

In lighter news, I will only be able to access forums via my mom's laptop for a few days until the system restore disk arrives so that I can reinstall everything. My apologies to anyone this is downing on, specifically Immy's sports fair and my 3 chars in it :c

Hate that this ended up happening, but I hope to see you all within the world of CotH come a few days.

Zenethen over and out.
Remember! Format, rewrite MBR, and format again! Best way to make sure you don't have a rootkit to mess with your next install. If I could I'd get it up and running for you since I've got almost every Windows OS under the sun in my household...

But hopefully that computer'll be fixed soon enough!
[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @"CappnRob"): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi
Get your comp fixed before the Fair and I'll stop getting mad at you.

;^; </3
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
'tis the problem, Sachi! It seems something occurred so that I can't even access the main OS restore. I run the comp and hit F8 as it works on and it brings up the advanced list of options. All of the ones pertaining to an OS restore seem to be missing a backup point of some form (Don't even know why something needs a backup point for a complete hard-drive wipe). My dad and I have been looking around through google and such and nothing seems to be coming up about how to fix it - there was one thing that was suggested; to hold the 'o' button while hitting the power button for our specific model of computer - Toshiba Tecra. Hold 'o' until you hear beeping, and afterwards it was supposed to bring up a menu with advanced options that would lead to bringing the laptop back to a 'Factory Status' - wiping the hard-drive to what it was in the box. This apparently doesn't work for some odd reason, as when we attempt it, the computer does beep, indicating that normally it would respond, but no menu comes up, it either continues on a normal run or comes up with the menu for safe mode and the such.

To note - when it tries to normally run, I can't login half the time even if I give it about 3 hours to keep going 'Welcome', and even if I do, it freezes up and stops working entirely about an hour into whatever I'm doing, disabling me from running a virus scan as this is presumably a virus or bug of some type, as the computer is physically fine and the hard-drive and other such compartments show no form of harm, which is strange because it means this problem likely has the OS corrupt - hence the reason why we're doing a complete system wipe.

To end it all, basically I'm running only through basic system diagnostics - it seems almost like nothing is disturbing it from starting or running, it's probably a software problem, which seems to be a problem we're having difficulty solving through conventional means.

For now I can only hope for a swift response from Windows on a system restore disk. Also, Immy, I make no promises, but I will try to make at least one of them :c
Is your bios operating properly?
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]
My dad says that's the weirdest thing - the bios menu comes up with an F8 as the computer turns on, but none of the bios options seem to do anything - the backup system restore and complete hard-drive wipes for some reason are lacking backups to work off of (which confuses me about the latter, considering the fact that a complete wipe would need a backup point). Any other options either aren't for a system restore or don't do anything when selected. My dad just assumes that a bug got in and corrupted the OS, but we'll see in the days to come.
I had a similar issue once before where I couldn't even format the hardrive through the bios. Can't remeber the details though, I've worked on too many computers over the last ten years. Hmm. I'll ponder it for a while and see if I can remeber what we did. OS has very little to do with the bios functions, however so if you cannot reformat through the bios it is likely a hardware issue. I would suggest tossing in a spare hardrive and trying to format that. Aside from that do a full inspection of your motherboard and all related hardware. Could be something as simple as a missing pin bridge from blowing out your pc with an air compressor. On that note, blow the dust out of your computers people! Not that I don't enjoy making fifty bucks for owning a compressor, but such a simple practice can give your computer a few years of extra life and speed up performance considerably. Just keep it about a foot away if you have a highly pressurized airflow. A can of compressed air works well too.
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]
zeneth! COME BACK TO US! YOU MUST HURRY! i SHALL EAT CHUR SOULD IF YOUZ DON'T!!!
[Image: 20.jpg]
Want to send some Feedback? Go ahead!

[Image: 520a44a794fdb.jpg]

Hmm... Reviewing the issue through various sources and tech forums, it seems it's not the OS or Bios that's the problem - seems something corrupted the hard-drive for good, so I've gotta chuck the drive and get a new one, so uhh... Absent until said drive can be retrieved, heh. Thanks for the help everyone!
Well, good news and bad news!

Good news is that my dad sent my computer to one of his computer-savvy buddies and that will likely get it fixed or give us what we need to replace.

Bad news is that I've found out I'm having my wisdom teeth pulled in... About three hours. Which means I will likely be missing from the forums for the first couple days as the room is spinning around me and I'm having fun times on Vicadin.

So yeah. Tootaloos, CotHians! See ya soon, I hope!
We aren't going anywhere, see you when you get back. :3
[Image: pj3isZU.gif]

[Image: 43883.png]
Very good news! Typing on my good ol' computer again :3

Just gotta get WoW re-installed and then I can see y'all CotH-side again!
Yay! <3
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
Goodness, my eyes! I need to get used to my old res again. 1680x1050 versus what I've been on which has been like 1080x720, heh
:DDDD

I have character things to discuss with you!
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.