The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A Family Absence
Welp, it looks like I shall be away for the next few days!

Depression runs in my family. Mercifully it's leapt over me to an extent and, so long as I keep away from the bottle, you get a happy Rosencrat 24/7.

My brother, however, is a different matter entirely.

After a family wedding last night he and his wife had an argument. An argument fueled by booze, stress and bad genetics.

I learned this afternoon that he went off the deep-end last night and had a full-blown panic attack. He's now holed up in my late father's summer home to 'try and live off the grid.'

I'll be flying up to talk him down and spend a few days de-stressing with him this week. I should be gone from Monday till Thursday.

In my absence I'll be handing over some role-playing responsibilities to some friends. After all, I have an event series and a guild that needs tending.

Sorry in advance to everyone this will inconvenience.
[Image: B2hmvU1.gif]
Hey honey, sending the best to you and yours. Hope your brother comes out of this all right.

Please take all the time you need. All of this is hardly important compared to your brother.
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
As Cara said, RL is always more important. Hope he's okay. <3
I hope you can get a professional to help you alongside. It sounds really serious.

I give my heart and best wishes to you in this difficult situation.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
After a bit of a break from work and stress for both myself and my brother, we are back to the real world.

I talked Matt into going back on his medication and, after a pleasant few days, he and his wife are now back in Rhode Island with their daughter.

And you lot are stuck with me again.
[Image: B2hmvU1.gif]
Well, considering the alternative I believe that's preferable. :B

Really glad to see it's worked out, though. Hug
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Absence Gunnash 3 2,070 01-23-2015, 12:30 PM
Last Post: Altaine
  Absence Gunnash 0 1,619 01-17-2015, 12:55 AM
Last Post: Gunnash
  My Absence(s) Rosencrat 10 4,530 09-20-2014, 09:25 AM
Last Post: Ural
  Squirrel's official absence thread FlyingSquirrel 3 1,928 08-30-2014, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Kretol
  Absence V2.0 Paylonas 5 1,472 08-21-2014, 09:00 AM
Last Post: Paylonas