The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A new challenger approaches!
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
(This can be anything. We like to get a feel for those that will be integrating themselves into our community.)

Hello there! I’m a college chick who’s always been into anime, video games, and anything fantasy or furry! :) I played Warcraft for six years before life got too busy. Now I’m back and ready for some roleplaying! As a theater student, roleplay games are a good creative outlet for me. I’m a serious animal lover and my dream job may, or may not be, to be a Disney princess… I work part-time at a movie theater (no, I haven’t seen the Dark Knight yet…) and also do some free-lance artwork for some side cash.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
(We ask this, as we take this into consideration with players that do not primarily speak English.)

I am from the United States and I speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

A high school friend introduced me to the game six years ago because he knew I like fantasy-based gaming. Little did he know he was creating a monster… He quit after a year or two and I kept on going strong.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

A friend I used to play retail WoW with recently introduced me to it. I was intrigued because of how structured and serious the sight appeared to be. It’s nice to see a server be selective with their members so to ensure a serious gaming experience for those of us who are looking for a no-nonsense group of players.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
(Some enjoy relaxing tavern roleplay. Others enjoy fighting, action and danger. Some in crowds, some in pairs. What appeals to you the most?)

Roleplay in general appeals to me. As long as I’ve got a good group and a good story, I am content. On my previous server, we tended to keep the fighting to a minimum to keep the action fresh and keep the drama low. The majority of our roleplay was for character development and good company.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

My favorite race and class combination would definitely have to be the Night Elf Druids; the lore offers so much for players to explore. At the very basic, players have three major lifestyle choices for their character: an animal, a healer, or a magic-user. On a personal level, the Druids always appealed with me with their attunement with nature and animals. My main character was a Night Elf Druid and she was my pride and joy, to this day she is still a great source of inspiration to me.

What are your expectations of this server?:

Basically, I am looking for a fun and friendly roleplay experience. I am hopeful that with the selective measures this site goes through, only players that are dedicated and qualified will apply. I don’t mean to discourage anyone from playing the game (by any means), however, in regards to a serious roleplay server, I’d prefer to be immersed into a group of players who are disciplined while also being creative and fun!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
(Feel free to review our rules listed here.)

I was very pleased with all of the rules, especially since they all seem to be heavily enforced. There was a lot of trouble with discipline and maturity on the previous server on which I played, and it really hindered the game-play. I’m also impressed that proper grammar/spelling and ‘metagaming’ punishments are enforced; as these were among some of the other issues I’ve had in the past.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(This is not actually required until you aim to move up to Gruntship. Please state your intentions if you wish to complete this later.)

An excerpt from a World of Warcraft fan fiction I’ve been writing on:

I’d never cared much for the Cathedral District of Stormwind; then again, I rarely stepped foot in the place. It was too stuffy. Robed, do-gooder monks and priests paced the streets in front of the towering church with worn, leather-bound books that I assumed were used for prayer. At this point in my life, I figured no amount of prayer could even begin to repent for the sins of my lifetime; so why start now?
Rowin never struck me as a religious man either. It seemed that he would be in the same state as me; and yet here we were, two godless heathens walking amongst the holy. Surely prayer wasn’t our last hope, but if it was, we were going to be wearing out our knees begging for a miracle.
“You’re joking, right? Does your old friend happen to be the Bishop?”
Rowin chuckled quietly in his throat as we continued to walk through the sacred streets of the Cathedral District, nodding politely to the monks who passed us with welcoming yet wary smiles.
“Hardly,” he replied, leading us down a smaller corridor that was hugged by towering buildings, “Now let’s see. It should be somewhere down this path.”
I couldn’t help but be reluctant to finding this location Rowin assured was just around the corner. We’d taken a small, cobblestone path behind one of the many towering buildings in the district; I thought I’d read a sign out front that stated that this alleyway was behind a bread merchant’s parlor, which also weighted my skepticism.
“And here we are,” Rowin exclaimed proudly, gesturing a gloved hand to a shady, downtrodden building at the end of the alley, “The Fallen Angel.”
My faith was slowly returning upon finding the supposed destination, no irony intended, despite the fact that the place looked nearly abandoned and corroded. Rowin hastily reached for the wooden door’s handle and stepped inside the gaping archway of what I would soon discover was a tavern.
I could hardly contain a smug grin.
The pub was littered with similar monks and priests that we’d passed along the way, except this breed was a little less holy than the ones strutting about the daylight. Their robes were stained and unkempt, thick stubble upon their bruised chins; the bottom line was that they looked pretty rough, and I could have passed for a holy-man more so than they. Now there’s a scary thought.
“Gabriel should be here somewhere. I’ll go check the back room, you stay here.”
Rowin instructed confidently as an aside to me, sauntering into the tavern’s belly as if he were a regular. And who knew? Maybe he was. While I considered Rowin and myself fairly close, perhaps even my best friend, there were parts of his life that were a mystery to all. Perhaps crashing parties at the priests’ bars was one of his favorite pastimes.
I took the awkward moment that I stood alone as a stranger to this place to gaze about the room. The majority of the monks sat around shoddy tables, mumbling and guffawing drunkenly at quiet jokes that I could not hear. The place was small, as I figured it was about as well-known as it was popular in this district. A few gruff men glanced in my direction with territorial looks, but I avoided the gazes so not to start confrontation. Even though this dark, gritty tavern was homier to me than the bleached cobblestone pathways of the rest of the district, I was still eager to finish our business here and leave.
“Jay,” I heard a familiar voice call from the far corner, “Come on over.”
Rowin stood in a doorway at the pub’s rear, waving me over eagerly with a gloved hand. Crossing the room from door to door, I maintained my frontwards stare and long stride, trying to block out the curious mumbles from the grimy customers as I passed.
Let them talk; they’re never going to see me again.
I ducked into the back room where Rowin awaited, and found myself in what was simply an extension of the front room; it was would I could consider as a private room for either the more wealthy or more frequent customers. A group of men sat huddled around another poor- quality table, immersed in some game of cards.
Silently, I eyed Rowin as we leaned against the side wall beside the card table. He nodded to one of the men, averting my attention to whom I figured we were here to see.
The Human man was clearly a seasoned Paladin in his worn plate armor that I figured at one time had shone a brilliant gold, though now had more of a lackluster copper appearance. Much like his armor, the rest of him seemed to have fallen from grace with the years as well. Greasy, dark-blond locks just brushed his plated shoulders, the grime separating the hair into segments. His skin was a darkened from hard days’ work in the sun that was marred with an occasional scar, and a bristle of a beard had just begun to gray at the roots.
“I’ll raise ya’ another five,” the Paladin growled through grit teeth that tightly clenched a putrid-smelling cigar, “I’m feelin’ lucky with this go-around.”
And five grubby, golden coins were shaken free from a small coin satchel at the Human’s belt into his gloved hand. Giving the change a few shakes in his palm, he then tossed the handful of gold onto the center of the table.
I’d never been much of a gambler; I found it easier to just steal what money I needed rather than try my hand at luck. But I glanced at Rowin from the corner of my eye as he watched the game unfold with a knowing gaze and smirk. Casually, I wondered who was going to win the growing haul at the center of the table.
“Pull up a chair, Rowin,” I turned my gaze back to the Human who was tapping ashes from his cigar onto the floorboards, “You can play next game. Though I’m on a roll today; doubt you’ll leave with anything more than an empty pocket.”
The fellow rogue at my side donned an aging but rugged smirk, folding his arms nonchalantly with a meaningful tilt of his head, “Actually, Gabriel, I have a reason for visiting you. And it’s not about a game of cards.”
The Paladin harrumphed gruffly under his breath as if the idea were preposterous, “Yea? What do ya’ want?”
“I came to cash in that favor you owe me, old friend.”
And for the first time since I entered the room, Gabriel’s dark eyes darted upwards to Rowin, his brow furrowed to compliment his aggravated look. Though he huffed a deep sigh; clearly his conscience was aware of this debt he owed Rowin, and I just hoped that he would prove good on his repayment.
“I knew that was going to come back and bite me in the ass someday.”
“Trust me, if I could go back in time, I’d let those thugs beat you senseless and strip you of your belongings and dignity.”
Again the man growled in his throat, no doubt replaying the supposed instance of Rowin coming to his rescue in his mind. A gamble gone badly, I assumed out of bad humor. “Bah,” Gabriel exclaimed, tossing his hand of cards onto the tabletop, face up, “I’m out. You boys finish up, and may the winner enjoy a tall glass on me and my coins.”
The gruff bunch hooted and hollered over the bettering of the odds as one less competitor was in the fight for the spoils; though it was only a moment later that they were quieted down and back to their blank-slate faces and iron determination.
In the back of the small room, plenty far enough away for privacy, stood a modest hearth, a crackling fire steadily burning inside it. The three of us pulled chairs into a circle and exchanged fleeting glances of different levels of curiosity.
“This better be good, Rowin,” Gabriel barked, “You just lost me five gold coins.”
“Trust me; I was saving you from yourself. How much debt have you tallied up now, Gabriel?”
“Please stop saving me, Rowin. That’s what got me here in the first place.”
I was quickly growing weary of the friendly male banter that volleyed back and forth between the two older soldiers, my fingers drumming restlessly against my knee as I sat hunched over in my chair.
Sparing me an apologetic glance, Rowin got down to business, “We came here to ask for your help, Gabriel. And you know that I wouldn’t have come here, had it not been an emergency.”
The Paladin took a deep drag of his cigar with squinted eyes, huffing out the fumes to the ceiling, “I figured that much. What is it, Troll infestation? Ogres gobbling livestock?”
Rowin waved a hand at the suggestions, “No, no. It’s much more tedious, I’m afraid. Do you remember the rumors of the Fel master Auric?”
Gabriel’s expression soured, if that were possible, “Yea, I’ve heard of the bastard. Don’t tell me you got tangled up in some mess with him, Rowin, you’re smarter than that.”
“I would like to assume so,” he retorted, “But it’s a bit different. The lady friend of my partner, Jay, has been kidnapped by Auric.”
Gabriel spared me look of what I assumed was his version of sympathy, “Bloody hell. The girl’s probably in a sorry state by now, boy, I doubt you’d want her back. I can go and help you collect the pieces but there’s really not much else I can do for ya’.”
And had this man not been Rowin’s friend, and possibly our only hope, I would have been across the room on him in a heartbeat; dagger through his jugular. I settled with clenching the material of my trousers tightly until my knuckles paled white from the tension.
Rowin patted me on my back, coaxing me to release some of the tension I was holding up in my body, “Don’t be such a brute, Gabriel. I’m not asking you to fight the man; I’m asking you to help the girl.”
“Not even holy magic is going to put that wench back together after Auric gets done with her.”
“I need you to perform an exorcism on her, Gabriel.”
The Paladin and I both blinked shockingly at Rowin, the room hushing with anxiety as we all awaited an explanation.
“Auric’s trump card is that he’s brainwashed the girl into doing his bidding,” Rowin went on, using terminology that Gabriel could easily follow, “He can best us with whatever direction he takes. He can use her as a weapon or use her as a shield. Regardless, we’re playing by his rules and it’s not going to be pretty.”
“No kidding. You’re putting an awful lot of faith into her still being alive, Rowin.”
The more the man talked of Winora’s imminent death, the more my stomach churned and my nerves scrambled. The longer we waited and argued over the matter, the more likely that Gabriel was going to be right; and that there was nothing we could do to save her.
“Auric won’t kill her just yet,” I finally spoke up, attempting to steer the conversation back on track, “She’s more useful to him alive.”
Gabriel eyed me up and down, “What makes you so sure, kid? Have you ever dealt with the likes of Auric? He’s not exactly the type to spare someone from a painful end.”
“If he kills her, he has nothing. He has no bargaining tool and he has no weapon. Auric knows we want her back, and that we’ll do whatever it takes to do so. The plan is to draw them out where Auric is comfortable; get him too comfortable and open his defenses. Once Winora is drawn out, we subdue her and have you perform the exorcism to remove the Fel energy from her body.”
Curling up the heel of his plated boot, Gabriel snuffed out the end of his cigar, “Smart lad you’ve trained, Rowin.”
My superior grinned proudly at me, while I maintained a focused look of determination upon the Paladin. Pleasantries weren’t my strong suit, nor was idle chitchat; I needed to know now if he was on our side or not.
“This hardly makes us even, Rowin,” Gabriel mumbled as he rubbed a rough hand down his marred face, “but I’ll help. You owe me big time after this, got it?”
Rowin nodded eagerly with a flourish of his hand, “Sure, sure. If you don’t screw it up, I’ll be in your debt, Gabriel.”
I exhaled the shaky breath I’d been holding, allowing a mild case of relief wash over me before fixating my thoughts upon the next priority. And for one of the rare times in my life, I was glad that I wasn’t alone; because I was in way over my head. Neither Winora nor I had any chance in this unaided.
Rowin was the first to rise to his feet, and I quickly followed, eager to continue our quest. Slowly behind, the Paladin rose with a tired groan; and I couldn’t help but doubt the power the man supposedly possessed by word of Rowin. But then again he was always surprising me. So I grit my teeth and accepted the fact that this near-geezer truly was Winora’ only hope.
Calm and collected as always, Rowin lead the way out of the tavern.
“Pack up your holy water, Gabriel. We’ve got a long night ahead of us.”

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
(This can be anything. Questions/Comments are always welcome.)

Thank you for considering me! I am excited to start roleplaying again, if you will have me, I would do my best to become a positive and decent addition to the server!
Hello! I'm flammos200(Just Flammos is fine too. So are other derivates thereof. Flammie, flamflam, some people even call me flammenco... :s), and it's my pleasure to welcome you to CoTH!

Now, be sure to read up on the Rules and Policies if you haven't already, and if you need help Creating a Character, you can find some on the Wiki, or take a gander at some of the Profiles there, to familiarize yourself with some of the people you might meet on CoTH.

Other than that, I have the distinct feeling that you'll fit right in. And, it's great that you're a Night Elf/Druid lover. We need more of those. Hit me up for RP sometime. Oh, and thanks for the awesome story!

But hey, if you need any more help or have any more questions, feel free to PM a GM or Forum Helper like yours truly. Seriously. PMs never killed anyone... yet.

See you around!
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
Hooray, thanks so much! I'm really excited to get started! :)
Welcome to the community! Enjoy your stay.
Ya and WOW that story was long for an Introduction, can't wait to RP with you c:
ohǫnˀadaga:yǫh

gnome guy

Welcome to CotH!

(08-05-2012, 07:05 PM)caitas90 Wrote: As a theater student, roleplay games are a good creative outlet for me.

It's interesting to think about acting when roleplaying, and though I'm not an actor, I do know what you mean by that. It's kind of a free for all stage. Though a lot of the RP on the server is dedicated to events right now, there's still other types of RP such as tavern RP or random encounter RP. However you choose to RP, I hope you enjoy it. Feel free to PM me if you ever want RP, I tend to roll just about anything.
[Image: anim_500.gif]
Nice story. I hope you enjoy COTH as much as we do.
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]
Thanks all! I'm really excited to start roleplaying with you all. This seems like a great community. :)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A challenger has appeared! (Lystaa's Intro) Lystaa 3 817 04-12-2012, 12:27 AM
Last Post: Mezrin
  A challenger appears! UnknownDrifter 2 795 09-30-2011, 04:57 AM
Last Post: UnknownDrifter