The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Clovback: A Feedis Thread
Greetings dear CotHers. As you may of been noticing, I've been roleplaying on the server more often than usual now. And since my last feedback thread was getting a little sloppy, I decided to start a new one - with an improved format and goal for said thread! So let me get you situated.

My goal for this thread is simple. I want feedback on one of these specific things, or multiples of them:

Feedback for Clovis Briarthorn
Feedback for Varjot Soulsear
Feedback for Evelyn Briarthorn
Feedback for me as a Player
Feedback for me as a GM

I am open to suggestions as well for how to better myself in these fields! Please, do follow the general jist of what sort of feedback I want for each subject, listed below:

Quote:
My Original Goal with Clovis

My goal with Clovis was to create a young, steadfast Paladin who balances his faith with the more rational and open-minded teachings of his upbringing in Dalaran from a Magi and Alchemist. He was to actively seek out to be an example of a stereotypical paladin - having saintly patience, kindness, wisdom, and virtue. My desire was for him to learn that in the end, he's still a human and a man and still has limits - people lose their cool. People get angry, sad, impatient, spiteful. These things do not make them bad people - and that experiencing these feelings should cause you to strive to rise above them, rather than wallow in them.

Feedback (Answer any you wish)

1: Do you feel, from your experiences with him, Clovis fulfills these goals? If not, why?

2: Is he an enjoyable character to interact with for you personally? Is there anything in particular you enjoy about him? Anything I should 'play up' or 'play down'?

3: Do you feel that his relationship with Endling is handled as delicately as it should be? That Clovis's developments and feelings for her have been adequately explained?

4: Do you feel that he balances his loyalties to the Alliance and to Dalaran appropriately?

5: Do you have any suggestions for how I can play this character better?

Desires

Which of these do you feel is a suitable long term goal for me to strive for on Clovis?

The Holy Light: Have Clovis join and work closely with a Holy Light oriented guild that actively seeks to focus on the more forgiving and virtuous aspects of the Light, rather than a zealous guild (Basically, if it has an 'Inquisitor' rank, it's a 'Zealot' guild, let's be honest here).

The Dalaran Allied Legion: Have Clovis work towards forming an event series of Alliance loyal Dalarani's that actively combat threats in and around Dalaran Crater, as well as in other Alliance areas and war efforts. May eventually become a Guild.

Idle RP: Continue to have Clovis act as a traveling Paladin who lends aid where he can, and screw the rules, I'm purple.

Quote:
My Original Goal with Varjot

To have fun. Really, that was all there ever was to it. I made Varjot with the express desire to play a character I could be very fluid with and have a lot of fun with. I made him a power-hungry Orcish Warlock turned laid-back Orcish Hedonist and all around Cool Dude. Varjot does a lot of drugs, drinks a lot of ale, uses a lot of magic, and has a lot of sex. He's definitely been getting the sex part down right. He has little loyalty to anyone but himself, though he does feign loyalty to the Horde often enough. He's a hedonist, and thus, Varjot lives for one thing - Pleasure. His and occasionally others.

1: Do you feel Varjot makes a suitable hedonistic character? Is he too shallow?

2: Is he too lewd? Not lewd enough? Should he try to 'act more orcish'?

3: Do you feel Varjot gets away with too many of his 'zany' antics?

4: Do I play a sex-addicted, herb smoking hedonist with loose morals well?

5: Do you feel I should try to make Varjot a more serious character?

Desires

Which of these do you feel is a suitable long term goal for me to strive for on Varjot?

Varjot's Love Shack: Varjot continues to travel the world amassing his own personal harem and bringing fun, pleasure, and excitement to anyone who gains his interest. May conclude with Varjot establishing his own club of less than savory intentions.

From the Bottom of the Barrel: An attempt to make Varjot a more serious character. Would involve having a disillusioned Varjot seeking to better himself though various, comical and serious means. From a brief foray into Elune worship, to begging forgiveness from priestesses and shaman (and probably trying to seduce them), to joining a strict Horde paramilitary group. Will probably end in the disaster. But amusing.

Not the Father: Would involve Varjot somehow stumbling across a long forgotten bastard child. Most likely female. Most like inadvertently flirting with her. Expect squicky moments. May end on a sweet note. Or disturbing one. No promises.

Idle RP: Just keep doing what I'm doing.

Evelyn Briarthorn

Quote:
WIP

Clovis

Quote:
Feedback

How do you feel about my spelling and grammar?

How do you feel about my post length, and how long it takes me to reply?

How do you feel about my activity?

How do you feel about my attitude as a player and GM?

And that's all. Feel free to provide feedback on whatever you want! I appreciate it, and I hope this wall of text hasn't grated on your nerves!

~Clovis
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]

Quote:

1: Do you feel, from your experiences with him, Clovis fulfills these goals? If not, why?

He does!

2: Is he an enjoyable character to interact with for you personally? Is there anything in particular you enjoy about him? Anything I should 'play up' or 'play down'?

While these issues make for an intesting and very human character, Clovis, from my experience isn't always enjoyable.While I've never gotten the chance to extensively RP with him, he seems very very hard to argue with. Granted, all "debates" I've seen seem to degrade into yelling and snark and bile.

I would like an RP with Anna with him that does not degrade into that. It would be interesting to see.

3: Do you feel that his relationship with Endling is handled as delicately as it should be? That Clovis's developments and feelings for her have been adequately explained?

Hard to say. The IC journal you had going was a great insight into all that. Again, I rarely get the chance to RP with you, so--this is hard to elaborate on.

Miss the journal posts, though.

And that one storyline with finding the cure for undeath.

4: Do you feel that he balances his loyalties to the Alliance and to Dalaran appropriately?

I do! Always fun to see him all pro-Alliance.

I don't think so. All I mentioned are personal skews. He isn't a bad character at all, though if you get the chance, do try some extensive debates with the guy that don't fall into ARGGSKJDHFSJH SO ANGRY.

Desires

Which of these do you feel is a suitable long term goal for me to strive for on Clovis?

The Holy Light: Have Clovis join and work closely with a Holy Light oriented guild that actively seeks to focus on the more forgiving and virtuous aspects of the Light, rather than a zealous guild (Basically, if it has an 'Inquisitor' rank, it's a 'Zealot' guild, let's be honest here).

Interesting! Clovis does need to work on his forgiveness stuff, I think. In terms of character development, not anything shallow.

The Dalaran Allied Legion: Have Clovis work towards forming an event series of Alliance loyal Dalarani's that actively combat threats in and around Dalaran Crater, as well as in other Alliance areas and war efforts. May eventually become a Guild.

...Sounds like Frostbrand on Land. Sure you can manage it with Frostbrand apparantly disbanding?

Idle RP: Continue to have Clovis act as a traveling Paladin who lends aid where he can, and screw the rules, I'm purple.

Yay!

Quote:
Feedback

How do you feel about my spelling and grammar?

Fine!

Can't say as I rarely RP with you. Seems ok, from what RP I've been around.

Normal?

Mmh. You seem very prone to find and stick to a clique, or only engage in extensive RP with one or two others. Such has been my experience with you, and it has been a long while since we RPed near each other.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]

Quote:1: Do you feel Varjot makes a suitable hedonistic character? Is he too shallow?
From my personal experience, not at all. He still has feelings despite not knowing how to handle them. Although he is quite shallow, he still enjoys friendship outside of the bedroom. Even if the goal is to seduce them to the bedroom, it doesn't come off poorly in my opinion. The best part, is his attitude doesn't waiver from person to person based on their reaction. Varjot is gonna be Varjot whether or not people can handle him or not.

2: Is he too lewd? Not lewd enough? Should he try to 'act more orcish'?
For lewd.. see above. As for more orcish? Yes I believe he could show it in his nature more. I got a little hint of that out last RP, and it added some depth to an otherwise one-track Orc. How does he feel about honor with his personal history? About being a Warlock? He's hinted at being Horde Sanctioned.. how does he feel about non-sanctioned Warlocks? Or evil in general?

Even if he doesn't act on his gut/natural reaction, it should color his initial reactions slightly. An Orc with that much.. libido.. should be in-tune with his nature. Perhaps, as a playing a male, you shouldn't focus on the 'why' so much as the 'what'. If that makes any sense.

3: Do you feel Varjot gets away with too many of his 'zany' antics?
Nothing I've ever heard about or seen.. Perhaps he needs more 'zany' antics?

4: Do I play a sex-addicted, herb smoking hedonist with loose morals well?
Yes I believe so from our RP together. I think if you step back, and gauge his actions with these three 'goals', you'd notice that they usually fall into one of these categories. I try to do the same with my own characters, and I've had good results in my own opinion.

5: Do you feel I should try to make Varjot a more serious character?
Serious how? All I'm going to say is don't give up on this path if you decide against it. Kalah was just supposed to be a nameless face in a sea of recruits...

Desires

Which of these do you feel is a suitable long term goal for me to strive for on Varjot?

From the Bottom of the Barrel: An attempt to make Varjot a more serious character. Would involve having a disillusioned Varjot seeking to better himself though various, comical and serious means. From a brief foray into Elune worship, to begging forgiveness from priestesses and shaman (and probably trying to seduce them), to joining a strict Horde paramilitary group. Will probably end in the disaster. But amusing.
Flawed hope is one of my favorite types of RP.. It can go in any direction and can change on a whim. It allows you to possess a zealous attitude, to find a reason to be just about anywhere and do anything.

Clovis

Quote:How do you feel about my spelling and grammar?
As a friend once said, a few spelling mistakes are to be expected for as much as we type. Grammar is spot on from what I've seen. I wouldn't even worry about it.

You occasionally spout out three-emote long responses, which is a nice change for once. For me as the RP goes on, I find myself unable to formulate new, in-depth, or new options to the RP. That is the main reason I tend to stick to support characters. It is my nature. I prefer people to take the lead, which I find you do well. Your response time is amazing. It is truly a treat to meet someone able to articulate a response in a timely matter.

What a silly question. But we meet at odd hours, RP until we facedesk from exhaustion, and then pick it up another time. Good times, if a bit erratic.

We've never really RPed together much. The enigma that is 'that purple paladin' was a bit intimidating to be honest. Popular people make me nervous, GM or no..

Or perhaps it was just the seriousness of the character, Clovis. I dunno, because I've enjoyed our RP since we hit it off finally. I blame my own awkward timezone/work for missing most of the normal population of CotH. You are just another diamond in the rough that I've come to know. I've enjoyed your humble respect for myself and others stretching from moments on the Frostbrand to Skype.
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
It's almost 8am here. My interview is in 2 hours. I still have an hour left of travel via train.

On my cellphone and thus, cannot update my feedback post. Just bumping it right now. More feedback is appreciated, and I might reply if I feel it is appropriate. I personally view feedback as something to be quietly contemplated on. ;p

Wish me luck!
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
I'll be giving feedback on Varjo- No. No, on Clovis. Mostly because I haven't been around to see Varjot in action (...That could be taken multiple ways) as much as I'd like prior to making a post on him.

Anyways!

Quote:

Clovis is actually kinda an odd one out, in my own train of thought. I do think you pegged it pretty well when you say that he's human-- because more than anything else the thing that strikes me the most on Clovis is how you actually play through different emotions on him. I'd say it's done very well, too-- even if it makes him seem like he's got a bad temper when he's getting his buttons pressed a lot in one sitting of RP.

If I were to give you any criticism in this regard, it might be that while his emotions play realistically, so far he seems to have issues 'rising above them', as you said. Which isn't bad; he could just have issues controlling those feelings above others, after all. Just a note, though.

Yeah, I enjoy bopping around with him on Endling, though I've been contemplating throwing Gavriel over to be Dalapals. I can never really dictate what to play with when it comes to character traits, though; that's more of your choice on how you envision the character, after all.

I'm really pleased with how the dynamic between the two has worked out, though I believe I've told you so in the past. But I'll get in-depth here, since this is a feedback thread and all that.

When I added in the whole romantic interest with Endling (back in like, February of last year), I had never actually expected anything to come of it besides, like, some meandering posts regarding it or the like. In fact when we first began trading letters I still was imagining this to turn out as more depressing Echoes posts once Clovis met up and flipped a table or something.

(And I still did get one in there.)

So yeah-- effectively I ended up running through an aspect of my character I had never really expected to portray. And that's been pretty interesting in and of itself, since her approach to it required a bit of teething on my part before I really figured out what I wanted to do with it.

On Clovis' part of things, though; really, I don't know if Endling could have ended up with a better person from an OOC perspective. What I think makes a relationship with such a character work is just the sheer discomfort and awkwardness that comes up; since from the get-go it's pretty certain that the two aren't going to be prancing through flower fields and all that. When I did start to bring out Endling as a character with romantic interest, the only possibility that I was really expecting was to have her end up with a character that is -too- accepting-- wherein the nature of undeath is downplayed, or ignored, etc.

Yeah, such has not been the case. The natural reaction to the unnatural is really what I enjoy the most with this pairing. It isn't just happiness and rainbows, and I think anything other than that would have crippled Endling ICly in a way.

I like it. S'good.

Aye, though I imagine that will have to get analyzed more as we get into our guild ideas and the like. I'm thinking that might get strained a bit, just on a hunch.

Hmm. Well, I can certainly say that a guild would do wonders for getting some RP moving with him, and it'd be RP not just based around day-to-day or idle meetings.

So I say we get the guild idea you had running; even if we have to roll with a small group (Not always a bad thing. Seldom a bad thing.), I think he needs something to get him active (both in terms of IC and OOC, really). I think if we're going to come up with something though I'll say I'd think it best to be one that is very flexible in terms of capacity-- where we could have a small party of five to ten with us on adventures, or a huge raid. I'll have to talk to you about some ideas on my end later.

I don't suppose it would matter to touch on desires, since we've already discussed some ideas and future plans. Hope this was useful in some capacity, though.