The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Crakmos' Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I have been a fan of roleplaying for years. I've played DnD 3.5 since I was 15 (I'm 20 now); however, my foray into real RP (I say "real" because in DnD I would mostly describe my character from a third-person point of view) was in Warcraft 3 when I came across the UMS game SotDRP - Secrets of the Depths RP, which I still remember fondly, which has yet to be matched by SC2 RP maps. Though it was hard to find a good game, because even when a lobby was found, the quality of the players varied, I had many good times. I found myself interested in creating great stories and characters with random people rather than the friends I DnD'd with, who were casual players whose concerns lay with combat and dungeon crawls rather than character detail, interaction, and immersion.

My RP career since then has consisted of forum RP sessions with my pre-release Age of Conan guild (unfortunately the game bombed, and the guild died along with it) as well as my pre-release SW:TOR guild (which also bombed). I never played on RP servers when I played WoW because of friends playing on other servers.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I come from the US, and my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My friends in middle/high school played it and talked about it all the time. I missed out on a lot of it, since unfortunately my parents had a lot of restrictions on video games in my early teen years. I was finally able to convince them shortly after the release of BC, but by that time all my friends had quit. I played on my undead rogue on and off for several years, and sadly, I never hit the level cap with him until Cataclysm.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I haven't had any interest in WoW for about a year now, but I recently saw this site mentioned in 4chan's /vg/. The poster mentioned that CotH has a small community, and I liked that idea.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm not really aware of any types. I wish I could say more about this, but I just like roleplay in general.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
It would have to be forsaken/rogue. Forsaken have a certain saltiness about them that really appeals to me. But it's also because, when I was choosing which race to go along with rogue (when I rolled my main all the way back in BC), I decided that all the other races were a bit too silly for the class (except maybe female human and male troll) - I'm not really sure why; the others didn't seem like a good fit.

I'm sure this is already in common taste, but I'm really a fan of spy fiction like the Bourne series and stealth games like Hitman (it all started with Sly Cooper on the ps2 if anyone remembers that). Rogues are a class so murderous that all 3 talent trees are dps like mages and warlocks, which are classes I also respect.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To have a good time and share epic experiences with this community.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
"Humility." I am tired of players thinking that their characters are the most important ones ever. Such players give their characters special powers and numerous other advantages all without thinking of other players in the game. This goes also for some of my past GMs in forum RPs, who tend to railroad since they don't really understand RP.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

(This is an excerpt of an adventure log from a recent DnD campaign of mine. I'm not too familiar with WoW lore but I will read up on it soon.)

A massive tower of black gridwork sat silently atop a jagged pinnacle. A closer inspection would have revealed the human elements in it; the master of the tower grotesquely wove human corpses, covered in carnivorous insects, into the framework. However, the bodies were not all human. Barbed chains and spikes trapped various undead creatures, which, with nowhere to go, wailed endlessly, feeding on the human corpses and each other. The mere sight of the tower in itself, even without knowledge of the countless depraved acts committed within its walls, easily indicates its nature as a testament to the debasement of life itself.

Despite these disheartening designs, the locale of the tower was its most agonizing feature. Slithering, pale worms ranging from ten inches to a foot long completely filled the otherwise barren ravines below. The cacophonous noise made by the worms’ undulations and exhalation of gases was unbearable and without end. It was an atmosphere of insanity.

A large demon named Ildramat stared at the twenty-foot tall doorway. Undead caught in the barbed portcullis clawed the air in futile attempts to gain freedom from their millennia of pointless existence. Ildramat’s red-skinned body was the size of a giant’s, and he had antler-like horns growing from his head. From his horns hung the dead bodies of humanoids proven to be worthy in combat and death. His plated, black armor was bloody and dirty but obviously the intricate make of a skilled artisan. In his left hand he held a broad longsword with demonic symbols carved in its surface; and in his right hand, a chain, part of a metal imprisonment clamp attached to the neck of a succubus, who had already bloodied up her hands grasping at it.

Ildramat pushed open the thick doors with little effort. He walked easily down the poorly kept hallway, passing broken arches and pillars. The sound of bone tapping against rock echoed throughout. His succubus’ naked body anxiously shivered at the familiar sound of it.

Ildramat reached the final chamber. His master sat on a spiked throne, though swathed in an impenetrable shadow.

“Lord Nnairefaezar,” he said. The tapping noise ceased.

Nnairefaezar’s voice was eerie and deeply echoing. He tended to draw out his speech, overly extending the enunciation of his words.

"Your failure amuses me, Iiiiildramat. But the humor is lost on some others; you have attracted the hatred of many lords. At the snap of their fingers, your tormented soul could be chained to the fires of the Abyss, floating about in the solar wind until the end of time. I must admiit, at the thought of such excellent suffering, my talons retract and my mandibles quiver with delight.

“Slaves will pour your blankets of lard from your breached husk into their troughs, and your cries will please the mighty deity Ashaj. Your follicle-infested covering will decorate a cheap rug.

“But never mind that for now. We have much to discuss, my pathetic minion.”

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I have two questions, if you don't mind.
1. Where do I submit my character, once created?
2. How are tokens obtained? The wiki says "bought from GM island", but how does one get there? Is it bought with gold?

Other than that I hope I'm accepted and look forward to playing with you all.
Howdy, Crakmos, I'm Caravan and I'd like to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde! For your questions: Once you fill out a character template you post the profile here. The Wiki is a little outdated, as we've since moved from GM Island: The new OOC zone is Shatterspear Village (you can get there from the Portal > Neutral Hubs) and it is 300g, available from Mok'tar. Once you have a token, you pass it off to a GM ( '.gm ingame' is the command) and they'll bump you to 50.

I can't help but notice that you're a fan of Forsaken! Well, have -I- a guild for -you-! The Black Harvest is not only our largest guild, but it is also a "Fist of Sylvanas" led by Executor Jared Richter (Also known as Sol). If that is something you'd like to look into and learn more about I'm sure Sol wouldn't mind a PM!

If you want to hold off on being Forsaken (or if you're not looking for a paramilitary hoo-ra), there are a few non-Black Harvest Forsaken guilds (or you can start your own!).

I suggest taking a look at our rules, policiesand these "swelltastic" guides as a way to get a feel for our server.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to PM me here on the forums. You can also usually catch me lurking in-game on Cara or Xanthe. But, really, you can ask anyone else on the server (particularly our fantastic GM (Or Trial GMs) and Forum Helper staff) as we're all usually free and willing to help!

Also! Don't forget to /join chat and /join barrens (for all the sillies) when you get in game! If ever you need to find a GM, .gm ingame is a very handy In-game command! Tickets also work.

:) Again, welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay~!

From Caravan, with love.
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
4CHAN? Damn, prepare everyone... xD. Welcome to CotH nevertheless.
ohǫnˀadaga:yǫh

gnome guy