The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

New guild/ character idea
Okay is it to far fetched to make an evil tauren? I want to make a corrupt tauren guild, the leader bringing a "New age" of the tauren :D This would be instead of my Tauren BK thingy, give me your ideas on this, please :D
In darkness we are born, in shadows we are raised

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK4h9xR7Dec
http://www.wowpedia.org/Grimtotem
But is this a guild I can join, or just a family I can be part of, plus I wasn't among those lines of thinking, that wouldn't be the purpose of this.

I'll answer your questions in succession to help clear things up I hoped the link would have answered; you can make an evil Tauren, it's been done before (see Grimtotem), and you can make a guild of Grimtotems so long as you wouldn't be the leadership of the entire clan of Grimtotems.
I think you should also keep in mind, Grimtotems are KOS. If another tauren (or even Horde member) sees you, chances are they will rush and attack you.

I'd suggest making your own group that doesn't involve the Grimtotems. Another tribe of violent, angry tauren or just a separate organization of tauren.
Actually from what I read some Grimtotems live in Thunderbluff, so I'm not sure if they are KoS
I stand corrected.

Apparently they are a part of the Horde. They just do things in secret, such as destroy orc, goblin and troll caravans and the like.
It'll have nothing to do with the grimtotems :P We will be evil more or less in secret and make a "New Age" for the tauren.

My advice would be to wait a bit on another guild and focus on your current projects. You have alot going on Ormic (Not to mention I'm gonna spam /w your chat box prior to any HI events lol) be careful not to spread yourself too thin. You can greatly increase the quality of your events by focusing your attention on one or two things at a time. My, thoughts, take it or leave it... most folks choose the later.
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]
(08-12-2012, 03:52 PM)Wuvvums Wrote: Actually from what I read some Grimtotems live in Thunderbluff, so I'm not sure if they are KoS

Correct. It is not until Cataclysm that the Grimtotems are revealed as being mean cows. Until then, even their leader resides in Thunderbluff.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
Okay, I won't make this guild, Niko is right, I have to many already, but would love it if some one stole my idea :D

Taken from the Grimtotem page posted earlier in the thread:

Quote:The tauren seem almost embarrassed by the Grimtotem tribe's actions, and they are upset with their kin. The Grimtotems reject the peaceful spiritual teachings of tauren shaman and cause pain to the Earth Mother. They are worried that it could further strain the relations between the Horde and the Alliance, and all it would take to make all sorts of trouble would be for the Grimtotems to slaughter a pack of humans. The tauren aren't able to just walk in and wipe out the Grimtotems, though; they’re not into wholesale slaughter, and not all the stories about the Grimtotems are true.

This is how the Grimtotem are thought of before the events that take place in The Shattering. In the times of WotLK, Magatha has been planning on rising to power and steering the Tauren in a direction that fits her philosophy. What is her philosophy? Not much is said about it, mostly because most of the other Tauren don't appreciate the thought that the many spirits around them are angry as she considers them (Magatha might just be a little paranoid at this point in her life). At this point in time they are merely an isolated tribe known for its brutal warriors who have lost a lot of respect from the other Tauren because they are killing members of the Venture Company and many of the others who they don't want in their land. So far they have formed an interesting relationship with the Forsaken. The Tauren have their heads turned away from the Grimtotems.

Then the events of Cataclysm come along. Magatha poisons Garrosh's blade without him knowing (perhaps she knew how easily distracted Garrosh could be), so Cairne might have defeated Garrosh if not for this. Magatha had her chance at power for a short time and planned to wage war on the Tauren to take over. She asked Garrosh for some Orc assistance with this. By that time he realized he'd been done and his reply wasn't a very happy one:

Spoiler:
Unto Elder Crone Magatha of the Grimtotem,
Acting Warchief of the Horde, Garrosh Hellscream,
Sends his most sincere wishes for a slow and painful death.

It has come to my attention that you have deprived me of a rightful kill. Cairne Bloodhoof was a hero to the Horde and an honorable member of a usually honorable race. It is with disgust and anger that I discover you have caused me to bring about his death through accidental treachery.

Such tactics may work well for your renegade, honorless tribe and Alliance scum, but I despise them. It was my wish to fight Cairne fairly, and win or lose by my own skill or lack of it. Now I shall never know, and the cry of traitor will dog my steps until such time as I can sport your head on a pike and point to you as the real traitor.

So...no. I will not be sending any truehearted orcs to fight alongside your treacherous, belly-crawling tribe. Your victory or your defeat is in the hands of your Earth Mother now. Either way, I look forward to hearing of your demise.
You are on your own, Magatha, as friendless and disliked as you have ever been. Perhaps more. Enjoy your loneliness.

However, one of her Grimtotem Shaman betrayed her and ran to Baine, telling him of her plans to kill him and take over. He put a stop to her plans, crushed her totems right in front of her, and exiled her with those still loyal to her. But in Cataclysm, things have only become more interesting for the Elder Crone.

Spoiler:
Magatha's exile has not ended too well for the Elder Crone and her followers -- Horde forces in the Stonetalon region have destroyed the Grimtotem's main camp, and the surviving Grimtotem have been forced to enter into an uneasy (and temporary) truce with the Alliance.

After making her way to the Grimtotem stronghold of Darkcloud Pinnacle, Magatha disappeared. She was a prize to the Twilight's Hammer, who took Magatha prisoner alongside many others in the region. Speaking through Arikara, she's able to rid her clan of incompetent leaders and gain powerful artifacts with the help of adventurers. However, the Twilight Cultists may have miscalculated in taking her prisoner, as she seems to have gained a great deal of understanding of their operations in Thousand Needles and even manages to manipulate others into not only opposing the Hammer, but in giving her access to several powerful artifacts in the process, including the Doomstone, a magical device capable of absorbing and amplifying elemental power. While the Twilights intended to use the Elemental Animus powered by the Doomstone to destroy all of Thousand Needles, it is as yet unknown what Magatha intends to do with the device, but she promised the next time she meets the adventurers, it would be their last encounter.

So what's my opinion of playing Grimtotem? Right now they should be played carefully, and the player should consider how isolated and strict the clan is. Come Cataclysm, I think that players should be very careful with them because of how lore-bound they are and how closely they interact with a lore figure once some of the above described events happen. This is getting into my opinion and speculation since Cataclysm being in the future of this server isn't in sight just yet. However, if we do make that change, it can be said that the Grimtotem characters we play will either have made the choice to stay with Baine or pledge their loyalty to Magatha. They'll be under the leadership of Magatha, who will be determining the events in their history if they want to continue calling themselves Grimtotem. And not only that, they'll be playing Alliance aligned Tauren! I'd even debate that such a character would be worthy of prestige profile when that time comes, but it hasn't. It would be an interesting discussion, but the time hasn't come yet. For now let's speculate the untold lore behind these crazy black moocows with an interesting future ahead of them!
[Image: anim_500.gif]
Okay, thanks :D

And not only that, they'll be playing Alliance aligned Tauren!

Spoiler:
What the future holds for the tribe is unclear. Hostilities are re-opened between the Grimtotem and the Alliance in the Thousand Needles, and Magatha is able to escape her predicament.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
Everyone is forgetting Pathbreakers! Granted, it's an RPG thing, but worth noting. We've had attempts at Tauren fel-sworn before. Usually captives.

World of Warcraft RPG: Horde Player's Guide Wrote:
Pathbreakers

Few tauren feel the lure of arcane power. Years of living in balance with nature developed a strong will in the tauren. The younger tribe members follow the examples of their elders without considering why; they do not possess the life experience or grasp of history to understand the importance of their traditions. These impressionable tauren find the stories of their new allies fascinating. They have never before considered a life outside the tribe. Restlessness stirs these tauren’ hearts, spurring them to learn more about the orcs, the jungle trolls, the Forsaken and even the Burning Legion.

Such desires prove dangerous when a tauren pathbreaker finds what he seeks. Clever demons sometimes tempt these young ones and lure them away from their tribe. Corrupted tauren gain enormous physical strength and size, and demons often use them to hunt down the tauren’s former tribe. Some pathbreakers take warlock levels, but most are warriors with the felsworn prestige class.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grogloki Guild Wars 2 Grogloki 0 3,015 01-29-2015, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Grogloki
  Character ideas that don't play by CotH character creation rules Dae 26 10,334 01-05-2015, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Dae
  guild wars Grogloki 0 1,845 12-02-2014, 07:08 AM
  New guild Grogloki 10 3,432 11-11-2014, 01:32 PM
  2 things, guild/location Samlock 4 2,202 08-24-2014, 02:50 AM
Last Post: flammos200