The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A Pre-Worgen Gilnean town?
I've made a thread before about a pre-Cata Gilnean forum RP and there seemed to be interest and no objections to the idea of such RP occuring in itself. And having seen Northwind working out as well an environment as it was, it seems like finding a suitable environment for a town, and spawning in whatever else we'd need that isn't there could work.
Perhaps even just phasing and customizing Pyrewood village could do?

I mean, yes, it would be quite an undertaking between building and the new policies concerning characters within said area, and the likes, but...
Spoiler:
[Image: cat.jpg]
Pleeeeeeeez?
I was travelling around on my own local private server and discovered if you go beyond the Greymane Wall there is still an area prefect for building but more small. Maybe that could be an RP location!
ohǫnˀadaga:yǫh

gnome guy

(08-14-2012, 03:58 PM)Dae Wrote:
Spoiler:
Pleeeeeeeez?
(08-14-2012, 04:26 PM)Kira13 Wrote:
(08-14-2012, 03:58 PM)Dae Wrote:
Spoiler:
Pleeeeeeeez?

This.

gnome guy

(08-14-2012, 04:05 PM)SunThas Wrote: I was travelling around on my own local private server and discovered if you go beyond the Greymane Wall there is still an area prefect for building but more small. Maybe that could be an RP location!

It depends on what they can spawn; Farmland is a part of the ground texture and can't be changed, what sort of trees for a forest, etc.

Is the ground texture stretched or patchy there, btw?
I'd have to check again, but from memory it looked clean. No farmland and some forestry.

gnome guy

Adding a photo would be best, SunThas! :D
Is this an event idea done in the likeness of Northwind but set in the tumult of Gilneas (swell idea by the way, sounds -awesome-) or a proposed RP location?
The area behind the wall is smallish if memory serves and only has texture for a short time before it becomes a flat, blocky texture. Basically it only looks slightly nice to provide a view for those looking though the gate.

Edit: Here's a picture of it. Warning, the image is large.

Spoiler:
[Image: 6q3Of.jpg]
Mmhh, I didn't think I seen that. But okay, I'll try posting a pictue when I charge my laptop!

gnome guy

heh, GM flew over the wall, Screw you King Greymane.
With my building experience on a few servers, you could, with a little effort, blend in blocky textures and landscapes like that with some magical work including grass gobjs, walls, and buildings.

Of course, you'd be putting a lot more effort into it than you probably should!
While something -could- be done with that area, I personally find the terrain too offputting and the enclosure too small to actually see it as worth it.

That being said:

I'm a bit confuzzled at current. Is this meant to be a city that has been left outside the wall, or are we actually speaking of building a village proper that is meant to be within it? I'll be honest in that I have reservations on both.

That being said I may or may not have a village based off another kingdom coming down the pipe with great speed.
Quote:Is this meant to be a city that has been left outside the wall, or are we actually speaking of building a village proper that is meant to be within it? I'll be honest in that I have reservations on both.

That being said I may or may not have a village based off another kingdom coming down the pipe with great speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvw...i42oE&NR=1

From this moment forth, you are my favorite GM, Rigley. Period!
(08-15-2012, 07:41 AM)Rigley Wrote: Is this meant to be a city that has been left outside the wall, or are we actually speaking of building a village proper that is meant to be within it? I'll be honest in that I have reservations on both.

Well, I was thinking inside the wall, so that the characters would be inside, for the sake of getting to RP Gilneans before and after the fall of the Greymane wall. The mention of Pyrewood was just my saying that the location wouldn't be as important as the fact that we would be getting to play characters that may well become Worgen, come Cata on CotH.
And the mention of Northwind was my trying to explain that I am confident in the building abilities of certain staff members here, should building be necessary.

* Dae 's written communication skills are clearly the best thing ever.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Custom Item Request - Gilnean Clothing sunday12321 19 4,466 04-23-2013, 11:21 AM
Last Post: sunday12321
  Dat ruined town Zenethen 0 699 11-18-2011, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Zenethen
  Town Invasions and You! Delmure 21 2,840 04-16-2008, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Nostra
  Idea for a town Marius 41 5,379 01-25-2008, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Kyndri
  Another Idea for a Town Kyndri 5 1,163 01-01-2008, 07:14 AM
Last Post: mrsmarsh