The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Introduction: Solereavr
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I've been playing games for years really, it all started with an Apple IIe I had when I was a child. Anyways, I'll save the childhood memories. I play everything from RTS games, to FPS games, to RPGs. I've also been around roleplay for a long time, I started roleplaying back on Starcraft, then moved it over to Gmod for a few years, and just recently wanted to try out WoW roleplaying so I said why not.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
United States of 'Merica, English

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I started playing in the Warcraft universe when WC3 came out, I was always more of a Starcraft fan but I know the ins and outs of the Warcraft Universe as well.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
Just the other day my friend and I thought it would be cool to try out World of Warcraft Roleplay so we searched for some servers and this community was the community we decided we wanted to join.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I've been in all kinds of roleplay, I've roleplayed soldiers, generals, rebel leaders, bartenders, medics, I've lead congregations as a priest, created underground resistance movements, you name it and I probably have experience with it. As for my personal preference, I think my time owning and running and underground bar was probably the most enjoyable, I like to relax and chat with people, share stories, and chill out.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I've only played a little World of Warcraft so I can't say that I have a preference. I've always been primarily Horde, mostly played rogues although I have played warlock and paladin. I think my favorite race would probably be Undead.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm looking for a good community that I can become a part of, I'm also looking to experience some new roleplay and expand my roleplaying skills. I've also got about 6 months before I ship off to San Antonio, Texas for basic so I've got some time to pass.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I enjoy the "Ragequit thread" rule, although I always loved reading the threads of people leaving the community for this and that reason. People think that because you have a problem with the community, and that you are leaving because of it, suddenly people will respect your long drawn out goodbyes filled with rage and anger.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
This is an excerpt of a backstory that I wrote for one of my characters on a different roleplaying community.

Spoiler:
For most, the horrors of the 7 hour war, the subsequent occupation of Earth and the imprisonment of humanity started when the Combine swarmed through the portal storm and began their merciless war against us. But for some, it began before then, even before the portal storms formed in the skies above our world. For the criminal scum who held permanent residence in one of the many prisons, their lives were reduced to nothing long before the events that led to our current situation were even set in motion.

When the portal storms were unleashed upon the world, prisons were gradually abandoned as the world's infrastructure was slowly destroyed. Unfortunately for most residents, they were abandoned inside the prisons as well. Most would die, starving in their cells, or their prisons invaded by the evil that came from the portal storms. Those who were unlucky enough to survive would watch through their cell windows as the world around them was overrun by our new combine overlords.

The prisoners were easy prey for the combine, but their fate would be worse than death. For the combine had a plan for this world, and the prisoners became part of the machine through which it would execute their plan. Penal colonies were built across the world, and prisoners were dumped by the thousands into these hell holes. Some colonies were giant factories for the combine war machine, most of those who worked at the factories died a slow death, slowly choking as they toiled day and night in the smog that hovered around the factories. Other colonies were massive construction sites to build the cities that citizens now live in today, the combine who ran these colonies had no care for safety conditions or work hours and many died on the work sites from sheer exhaustion. No doubt there were other penal colonies as well, some for the advancement of the combine's "understanding" of humanity, some were built simply for death.

Soon many of the penal colonies closed, their purposes fulfilled. But the devil was not done with the prisoners, they were moved to large camps in which living conditions were abysmal. The combine did not care what happened in the camps, and the only security here were the walls that kept the prisoners in. Food was in short supply, the rations that were distributed were the extras from nearby cities and were often spoiled. The camps were overcrowded, and often a 20 prisoners would live in a shack meant for 5. But worst of all were the prisoners themselves, the camps were in a constant state of open warfare between gangs and clans over the short supply of food and resources. Some compared the camps the the holocaust of the twentieth century, most thought it was worse.

Not everything was bad in the camps, every now and then a ray of hope emerged from the cesspools of scumbags. One such "organization" became known throughout the camps as "The Castle." The entire goal of the group was to build a home so that people could get away from the hell of the camps. The Castle became a successful establishment and flourished inside the camp.

But the camps closed down, and so did The Castle for a while. But The Castle was not gone forever, and in the back alleys of City 45 it has been brought back and reestablished. The crew has moved into an old abandoned bar in the slums of the city and are starting their enterprise once more.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'll openly admit I'm not the most well versed in Warcraft lore, although I'm doing my part to educate myself. I plan on sticking with a friend who is also applying here and hes said that he plans on teaching me all the more advanced lore.
Howdy, Solereavr, I'm Caravan and I'd like to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde! Thank you for your story -- it looked exciting. If you think you'd like to give undead a try (and military-inclined Forsaken at that), give the Black Harvest a try.

I suggest taking a look at our rules, policiesand these "swelltastic" guides as a way to get a feel for our server. It's also a good way to get a feel for WoW Lore :)

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to PM me here on the forums. You can also usually catch me lurking in-game on Cara or Xanthe. But, really, you can ask anyone else on the server (particularly our fantastic GM and Forum Helper staff) as we're all usually free and willing to help!

Also! Don't forget to /join chat and /join barrens (for all the sillies) when you get in game! If ever you need to find a GM, .gm ingame is a very handy In-game command! Tickets also work.

:) Again, welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay~!
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]