The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Legacy
Hello Conquest of the Horde,

In about 25 days, I'll have had an account with Conquest of the Horde for four years. That's a great deal of time. Through that time, I've done (and not done) a lot of things. With this post, I'd like to address some things. Dispel some potential rumors and perhaps clear the air.

I've been a flake. To the core. I've had an account with the server for nearly four years, haven't RP'ed for what could even roughly amount to a month's time and likely hold the record for, "largest number of absence threads." It's not something I'm proud of, frankly. There's very little I'm actually proud of, in my time at CotH. The general flakiness has left me with lost contacts and an almost complete lack of friendships on the server.

Which leads into another point I'd like to address. Two or so of those years were spent being an absolutely awful person. A ball of hate and rage without focus, lashing out randomly at people who were just trying to enjoy themselves. A veil was lifted from my eyes over the summer. The world had become brighter, allowing me to see just how dark I'd let myself become. I am ashamed of the person I was these past few years; petty, hateful and annoying.

I'd heard on the wind that I'd become something of an example of what not to become, a few months ago. After some time of thinking about it, I'm really not surprised at all. I really doubt many people who know me here actually like or enjoy my company. That's not being self-deprecating or fishing for compliments, I'm honestly quite sure that most of the people who did like me have moved on, come to dislike me or have forgotten entirely. Most of you probably feel nothing significant about me, entirely. That's probably preferable.

For what it's worth, I apologize for the hate, the contradictions, the lashing out; I apologize for all of it. The person who did all of that was driven by a fundamental fear and hatred of themselves that they couldn't focus. The goblet ran over and spread elsewhere. I would say I've changed, but frankly, it doesn't matter.

In the now, I am preparing to live a healthy, happy life. The things which I once struggled with now reel back ever so slightly, so that I may prepare. I realize one thing, though, that needs to happen.

I need to let go of CotH. The actions I mentioned earlier have served as part of a great boulder that I have shouldered in my walk to peace. The server itself, however, is a milestone.

I need to walk away and I will be doing so.

First, I would like to thank you all.

No names, though I'm certain those of you who would be named would know.

To the server as a whole, my friends, my acquaintances, those who've never heard of me, those who've heard of me as a bad example. To those who hate me, those I have hated, those who prefer not to even acknowledge my existence. Thank you all. I wouldn't be where or who I am today, were it not for any and all of you.

I'm opening the door on a new part of my life. New experiences, things to learn, people to meet. CotH is an old part of my life that I will never forget, but I doubt I will be able to visit.

With all of this said, if you would like for whatever reason to stay in contact, send me a PM between now and September 27th, saying so. I am deleting my characters and removing WoW from my PC soon, but I will check the forums up until that day.

After the 27th, my fourth year of holding an account, I will be gone.

Sincerely,
Esthrunil
10,000 days in the fire is long enough,
You're going home...
I wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors, Esthrunub. :x
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
I wish you the best in life, Esthrunil!
I salute you for having the strength to move away and move on in order to better your life. I never spoke much with you, which I do regret, but I'm still going to hope everything goes well for you. Chin up, happy thoughts and take life by the horns!

Best of luck for a bright future!
Good luck!
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
I'm going to miss you, my friend. You were one of my first friends, here on CotH. I will not forget you.
I remember Aeth'enril clear as day and the shenanigans you had going for him while the Sanguine Shadow was still hot in Silvermoon. I remember laughing my rear off when he managed to trip himself over and knock himself unconscious against the bar and having a few very good moments with you on Ventrilo where you were making me happy just by opening your mouth. I really enjoyed talking to you way back when you spent more time with us.

Then, there's also the very fond memory of Aeth'enril and Edrandri in the Dead Scar.

You may say you've been a dark, hateful and petty person for all these years, but I can't really say I've seen it. I only came around three years ago, though, so I may've just missed out on something before I became active. For whatever it's worth, I liked having you around.

Loyal. I'mma miss you.
It's probably silly to bump this, I suppose, but...

Four days.

I leave you with a portion of what is by far one of my favorite poems of all time. In some ways, related.

"Though much is taken, much abides; and though
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are---
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

Ulysses - Alfred Lord Tennyson
You're going home...
Until I met you, I would have thought having a completely serious IC conversation composed entirely of Iron Maiden lyrics was an absurd notion. To be fair, it kind of was, but that didn't stop us from trying. And succeeding, even.

I confess, I procrastinated about posting here because I was struggling to compose my thoughts on the whole thing. I was trying to dredge up memories of good times with ya, and I realised, in the process, that I've only got a precious few. You're a good friend as it stands, but I truly wish I'd gotten to know you better in your time here on CotH. You're a good guy, and a really smart one, too. And I'm not just saying that because you're a great RPer, or a chilled-out guy to talk to, or because your taste in music is impeccable (all of which are also true).

I don't know much about the problems you've had here on CotH, not gonna lie, but you've always been consistently excellent as far as I've seen, so I'm very sorry to see you go. At the same time, I'm glad you're letting go of something that's holding you back and looking towards a brighter future. Just remember to have fun out there, live well, and don't look back. And remember:

<3

Spoiler:

\m/
This is the day,

I'm not quite sure what to say, other than thank you all again.

I'll leave you with another line from that same poem that I love so much.

"I cannot rest from travel: I will drink
Life to the lees: all times I have enjoyed
Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
That loved me, and alone; on shore, and when
Through scudding drifts the rainy Hyades
Vexed the dim sea: I am become a name;
For always roaming with a hungry heart
Much have I seen and known; cities of men
And manners, climates, councils, governments,
Myself not least, but honoured of them all;
And drunk delight of battle with my peers;
Far on the ringing plains of windy Troy.
I am a part of all that I have met;
Yet all experience is an arch wherethrough
Gleams that untravelled world, whose margin fades
For ever and for ever when I move.
How dull it is to pause, to make an end,
To rust unburnished, not to shine in use!
As though to breathe were life. Life piled on life
Were all too little, and of one to me
Little remains: but every hour is saved
From that eternal silence, something more,
A bringer of new things; and vile it were
For some three suns to store and hoard myself,
And this grey spirit yearning in desire
To follow knowledge like a sinking star,
Beyond the utmost bound of human thought."

Ulysses - Alfred Lord Tennyson
You're going home...
Aw...I don't know you but want to have had. Have fun, we'll miss and will always be here for you to return if you wish. May your life be grand and fun! (Just because this is waaay to serious...*Stab* >.>)
In darkness we are born, in shadows we are raised

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK4h9xR7Dec
If you leave, my insides will die.

Please, don't go. At least add me on skype, but I would hate to see you leave.

3 months, almost exactly.

Funny how quickly a mind can change, and how quickly an attitude can change. But then, we are - all of us - creatures of constant change. I've come to forgive myself more.

I was really dramatic up there, wasn't I? Well, I'm sorry for that.

I'm back. Or I will be, once WoW finishes downloading.
You're going home...
Three months in which I never managed to catch you for conversation! I'm glad you're back, doofus.
What a certain man said about you in jest is true! Your record continues unbroken, 'Thrun.

Welcome back. Stay a while, okay?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Legacy Delayed! iHollow 1 673 04-24-2011, 01:14 PM
Last Post: Kretol