The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Grimvale's Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Well, let me begin with a self-bashing statement- I can be a rational person full of debate when it comes to expressing myself and my opinions unfortunately. Now, on the upside of things I can be a fantastic rule-bound devout roleplayer, and will be very active as long as the daylight prevails. I am respectful in various aspects, if not all and I will never insult others, as I am also creative! Yes, creative.. I love to write, as it's my hobby. I love working with database tables and the such as well, especially for WoW. I simply enjoy creation, from new characters, to the very lore of their existence. That's all me! Let us proceed to the forth coming questions.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I am from the United States of America, my primary language is English. Most of my family is Scottish, so I can grow quite a hellacious beard, and make quite a funny accent when I'm attempting to be silly.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I began playing in TBC, when my father bought it for my brother and I to play. I think I fell in love with my Night Elf character named Shadowelfx who barely made it to level 30 and about tamed every beast in the game; I was easily amused.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

Mm, I believe someone mentioned it on another server to me through whisper, to be completely honest. I in fact, like to know how well this server incorporates the questing feature into roleplaying. I've been looking for a sort of server like this, because I like to do both; regardless of the rates.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

Well, considering I've been roleplaying for about six years, nearly seven.. I will do just about anything in roleplay. (Don't hold me to that in a warped manner of roleplaying)

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Recently, I've become quite attracted to Magi. They're fascinating to me, and I've learned so much that I can equally balance magic when I roleplay, and it's not a cluster of "LOL I CAN CAST A GIANT SHIELD AROUND THIS CITY" sort of gameplay.

What are your expectations of this server?:

Wherever the staff guides it of course. I've been reading the forums, and I'm already quite confident that they know where they're going. Of course, I'll give opinions but I'd need to get more adjusted to the server before I completely answer that question in depth. Most likely I'll be answering it on a General Discussion, or Suggestions thread!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Respect, I've seen this abused, abused, and abused. I severely dislike this, and I love how well this server is against it. So that's what appeals to me the most.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Vaine Galford, was a talented and nimble swordsman, born of the Alliance town of Goldshire. He found himself strangely and spiritually intertwined with each and every sword he held. Although it may have been ridiculous for him to believe this, his faith and determination would remain strong as he sliced down his sparring opponents with ease. He felt uttermost ruthless in times of a spar, and his determination not only attracted the Stormwind Military but several shady mercenaries as well. He was bombarded with opportunities and positions that he waved aside with a simple sentence "My skill lies with the blade, but my heart lies with a woman." Vaine had been waiting for an elongated time period to actually become acquainted with her. Lilianet Peri, was her name. She was the daughter of the local tavern chef, Arnez Peri. - Lilianet had an increasing interest in Vaine before he had even confronted her, and at the moment he did, and his eyes met hers; she felt her heart float to her throat, and suddenly choke her with instantaneous love for him, she felt as he did. She played it slow with him, going on moonlit promenades, going out to the forest and relaxing together under a tree, and nearly all the variousities that early lovers do together. Vaine soon purposed, and Lilianet hastedly accepted his purposal. They both were madly in love, and there was little to no reason to stop their pace of life, except a Forsaken. Two weeks before their wedding on a lovely night, Vaine and Lilianete were walking back to Goldshire from Stormwind. They were out consulting with priests for where they were to be wedded. Lilianete couldn't even let the joyous smile on her face fade, as she walked down the road with the fingers of her right hand intertwined to Vaine's. Vaine had quite the happy expression and a content smile playing at the edge of his lips. He walked along with Lilianete enjoying the silence of the night, until suddenly an arrow was let fly, an arrow that would lead Vaine into a destiny of /scarlet/ and the arrow that penetrated her neck and stained his face with that had been horrifically splattered by the /scarlet/ blood of his fiance. He fell into a state of limbo, his eyesight fading back and forth into reality and blackness. He caught glimpses of a Forsaken male dragging the corpse of his beloved into the forest, he attempted to stand and pursue, but received a sharp kick to the skull from someone behind.*

Vaine Galford awoke a day later on a bed inside a medical clinic in Goldshire with his wounds treated. He gathered the memory of what had happened and his emotions seemed to diminish, all that seemed to remain was the burning hate of the Forsaken that took away his fiance. Even as a child, Vaine was stubborn, streaks of cruelty were also present as he on somedays would use his advancement in swordsmanship to beat other children with massive sticks, leaving bloodied faces, cuts and bruises on various places on their body. Years of scolding had changed him, and he put that seed of corruption deep deep down within him, although occasional "weeds" would arise during his teenage years. He found hunting to be a sport, and did so by killing deer with a spare bow he borrowed from his friend's father who was a hunter. He made several mistakes during this time; with the bow he borrowed he'd kill more, and more. He left the carcasses to rot, and never bothered to make use of them as a meal, it was simply sport to Vaine. The hunter, the father of Vaine's friend caught him in the act one day, and had a prolonged talk with him about the meaning of hunting. Vaine understood, and carried on his life doing good, pushing the "weeds of corruption" back down, fighting them.

Here Vaine lie, his weeds growing into a thick brush and that seed of corrupting slowly growing out from the surface of his soul. He has lost it all, and he's going to get it back by having the Forsaken lose it all. He knew what he had to do, and that was... join the Scarlet Crusade. One of Stormwind's common topic of conversation was the Scarlets, their presence had seemed to disappear lately; and relief was washing over some of the Alliance, for it seemed the heretics were to be reaching their final days. However, rumors occured that there were a small reformation of Scarlets all making their way to the Monestary, their last hold, or base of operations. Vaine took grasp of this opportunity and contacted a friend of his dead fiances, Dagistam Silverlight. He asked Dagistam, who in which was a geographer; if he knew the way to the Monestary. Dagistam did know, but had little knowledge of the inhabitants and surrounding Forsaken territory. Dagistam stubbornly agreed to lead him on his expedition to the Monestary, due to the sympathy of Vaine's loss. Wary Dagistam did so with precautions: bringing weapons, distractions, and poisons along with him on this expedition. Vaine had simply brought along a sword that his father had given him several years ago on the night he passed away from a strange illness that had befallen him. During the expedition, Dagistam had to use a few of his precautions due to the dangers of the area, demonic hounds and bats would siege their paths at times, which were carefully taken care of.*

Upon arrival to the Scarlet Monestary, Vaine introduced himself to Geraint, and was enlisted into the Scarlet Crusade ranks; as was Dagistam who had been converted by the mindset and will of the fantastic leader.
~Vaine currently resides in the Scarlet Crusade, and his loyalty is unending as long as he is given the opportunity to rend the rotting flesh of the dead.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Not much! I just seek to have a good time on here, and hope others will greet me with open arms.
Hello and welcome to CoTH, Grimvale!

If you haven't already, I'd recommend reading through our rules and policies, just to make sure you're all set! We do have quite a few of them, after all. :D

If you're a bit unsure about how to get ideas for your characters and how you should play them out, give the articles and guides a looksie! They can be really helpful, even for the older members of our community. We also have a whole page for tips about creating characters, which should give you a gentle push in the right directon.

When you get on the server, you're recommended to /join Barrens and /join Chat. The Barrens is really just for random banter, while the Chat is more for serious discussion and questions about the server/Lore. Joining those two channels - obviously - gets you in touch with the rest of the server, and throwing out a little "hi, I'm new" is bound to attract some positive attention, if you want any help. If you have more specific questions about the server, like rules or help with knowing where to put a post, you can PM or whisper our Staff; That's the Forum Helpers (like me!) and Game Masters.

That story of yours looks like the beginnings of a profile - pretty neat stuff! However, we don't allow players to be aligned with hostile factions, in case you wanted to make this into a character of yours. Perhaps he can be re-introduced as an ex-Scarlet. Never know!

Once again, welcome to Conquest of the Horde, and I hope you enjoy your stay! If you have anything you're in doubt about, just send me a PM, and I'll do my very best to give you a satisfying answer. Anything! Even one to just say hello! :D
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]