The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A new horizon...
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well... a first thing would be my username. Please don't get fooled. Even though it's rather unoriginal it's just a way I've "defined" myself in the past years... being a devoted Warcraft fan, at least as much as I could.
I am a devoted PC games player, but i take things in moderation, never getting obsessed with anything, even if sometimes i do involve myself in different projects.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I come from Romania, so my "native tongue" is Romanian, though I've been studying English for a very long time, so I now speak it fluently.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
About when Warcraft III appeared... i got into it and played the campaign. Let's say i loved the lore... so i got interested and played all the Warcraft games, so after WoW came out... I tried it and did like it. The only problem was that i could only play on private servers... and i don't love PvP that much.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I hear that this server is focused on Role-Playing... and if that is true, then it's where i'm supposed to play.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy Role-Playing of all kinds... but i mainly love that which involves character interaction or character "evolution/development"... Of course, fighting from RP reasons is not out of the question, yet i leave that only at the end, when the need comes, obviously against enemies.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I am a Night Elf fan. I have been a person who enjoys looking at the moon and stars from a long time ago... so i somewhat share some "beliefs" of the Night Elves.
As a class... i prefer to take the roles of healers and supporters... people who offer physical or mental aid to others. That's why i would say my favorite class is the Priest, yet the Druid is not far away.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Honestly... I don't know what to expect. I've seen hundreds of WoW servers and this is the first one that says it's actually focused on RP and not PvP/PvE.
I want to see if it's actually like that and if it is... i will probably love to be part of it.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I believe the rule about Role-Playing is the most appealing and you might already guess why. Yet as a second choice, if you may allow... i would say the rule about Respect, due to the fact that respect is, from my point of view, one of the most important things in life.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
It was a peaceful morning...
As the calm wind blew trough the leaves of the oak on the hill, the sun began to rise up from behind the mountains. It's light started to create a fiery atmosphere over the vale of Stonetalon Mountains. Yet... the calm was only a dream, one which would end soon.
As the day commenced, the mighty centaurs began their invasion over the Tauren villages. The Taurens, a noble and wise kin, took a last stand against the marauders whom they fought fiercely for so long.
The battle lasted for the whole day while at the end... only few remained to mourn, both Tauren and Centaur alike. From that day, the survivors decided to accept a truce and live in peace, as the losses of this war were far greater than they would have expected.

(I know it's not entirely lore-wise, yet i just did it on the spot. I hope you enjoyed it.)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I want to tell you that... If any of you have ever played the game Freelancer, I have been for the last 2 years a player on the Discovery Freelancer server. That is a server of TRUE Role-Playing, yet things there began to "shatter" in the last months after the developers kind of ruined the game-play and most of the veteran members left.
Because of that, I wanted to seek some other RP Community and i hope I've found it here. I can assure you that i am good Role-Player, with experience, and i love the Warcraft Lore.

I do hope to see if this server is what i'm looking for... and if it is, i hope i will make the best of it.
Hello, w3player, I'm Caravan and I'd like to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde! I've never played Freelancer myself, but a quick Google search made it look rather interesting. I rather like your answer to "what drew you to the server" :D.

Don't forget to take a look at our rules, policiesand these "swelltastic" guides as a way to get a feel for our server.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to PM me here on the forums. You can also usually catch me lurking in-game on Cara or Xanthe. But, really, you can ask anyone else on the server (particularly our fantastic GM and Forum Helper staff) as we're all usually free and willing to help!

Also! Don't forget to /join chat (for general communication) and /join barrens (for all the sillies) when you get in game! If ever you need to find a GM, .gm ingame is a very handy In-game command! Tickets also work.

:) Again, welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay~!
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
Welcome to CotH, have a nice warm time here!
ohǫnˀadaga:yǫh

gnome guy

Thank you all for greeting me...

I do hope i'll enjoy being part of this community and have a good time.

I'll see you all in game and on other sections on the forums from now on, i suppose.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rising above the Horizon Vircku 8 1,148 05-12-2009, 03:31 AM
Last Post: Vircku