The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Long Road to Neutrality
(This the continuation of my character Sudeth's history from when he blacked out outside Orgrimmar to present day. You can find the previous history on the wiki if you're interested.)

Hours had past since Sudeth toppled over in shock. His limp and skeletal body laid there in the brim of the night, the shine of the moon being the only light upon him. His two swords he stole from the blacksmith in Orgrimmar laid there a few feet away from him, the silver one laying over the fel-steel one in a crossed pattern; both scabbards would also be seen near the blades, looking as if they had been thrown. Sudeth finally awoke from his experience, attempting to get up while letting out hacking coughs as he attempted to move to a sitting position, leaning against the rock he was hiding behind hours before. He put his hands upon his face and sat there in thought, still not being able to grasp the entirety of the situation at hand. He wasn't in Lordaeron anymore, his family was assumed dead, his skin was rotten down to the bone, and he would appear to look as a corpse. He tried to frown at the thought of it all, but then a rush of pain came over his face which was mostly coming from his jaw. He felt it, forgetting that his jaw had been replaced with a shoddy piece of metal that could not even bend, and when he did get it to move made his jaw wrack with pain. He shook his head, sighing at the newly acquired fact about his new facial feature.

He noticed a glimmer out of the corner of his eye and looked out to a few feet in front of him, seeing the two swords he stole from the blacksmith shining brightly in the moonlight. He reached over to pick them up, attempting to get a feel of how much they weighed and felt.

"Hm, surprisingly lighter then I imagined. . ." He mumbled to himself.

He coughed once more, putting his hand on the ground to help him move up to standing position, holding the hilts of the twin swords tightly in his hands.

Looking around the area he had passed out in, his eyes caught glimpse of the scabbards of his blades, that had been thrown to the side in his realization shock a few hours before. He put the swords down next to the rock, then made his way over to the casings. He felt every step he took on his small walk over to them, feeling a stiffness in his bones and body throughout.

"Ugh.." He grunted as he stopped for a moment and looking down to check his legs, but not noticing anything particularly wrong with them. He looked back up, continuing his few steps towards the casings. He bent over, picking up the scabbards in each hand and examined them. "Doesn't seem I'm going to be able to hang these blades from my side. . .much too large. . ." He said in the dark of the night, with only the light of the moon shining down upon him.

"Hm. . ." He took the strap of one of the scabbards, and put his arm threw it and moved his head around so it was on the other side. He did the same with the other casing, having the straps crossing his chest in an X pattern, the two scabbards being on his back respectively.

"Suppose this will work." He mumbled to himself as he walks over back to his swords to gather them, the pain in his steps being loosened with each movement. He arched his back, smoothly putting the blades back into their respective casings, while cohesively looking behind him at the valley he would inevitably have to travel through. He turned around, his gaze fixed upon the canyon entrance. He attempted to look inside it, but it was filled to the brim with darkness as the moon's light had not been able to reach it.

He sighed to himself, "Better move before I get eaten alive out here. . ." and stepped forth into the jaws of the canyon.
"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down happy. They told me I didnt understand the assignment, and I told them they didnt understand life." - John Lennon

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Long Gone FlyingSquirrel 0 603 12-02-2013, 05:05 PM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  Long Night of Solace Rowgen 3 987 11-15-2012, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Kirabo
  Road to tranquility. Psycho 1 661 03-04-2012, 01:19 PM
Last Post: Psycho