The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Maewen's Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Why, quite a question! As a player, I'd wager myself to be of the relaxed kind. Meaning, I don't like stressful occurances, may it be from unplanned events or people not showing up - I find the holding of appointments very important. As relaxed person, I however do not just hang back, but enjoy to engage into adventures of all interesting sorts with other people. I'd call myself quite social, chating away either OOC or IC. Commitment is also something important to me. Not just checking out and letting others stand there in the naked wild, but to talk about a problem sensible and to find a solution together, may it be OOC or IC.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I was actually born in Norway, but the family moved to Germany. Now I am living in Finland with my own family. I admit my Norwegian is a bit rusty, so I guess I would name German/Finnish as my primary languages, albeit I do prefer english, whenever I am able to speak it.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Through my brother. As children I used to sit next to him, watching him play. He played it for the items and grind, but for me every time a little story unfolded itself. I am quite into fantasy, writing own stories and the one or other short novel and so I thought it might be time to take up the ol' WoW again and look for some Roleplay.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
As stated above, I was looking for Roleplaying in the universe of Warcraft. Google led me here and after reading the rules and about the server, I thought it would be a waste not to give it a try.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
It depends fairly on my mood. Sometimes I like staying at Tavern, sometimes I just walk around and pick flowers while my character is for herself. However, I prefer the roleplay of a steadfast and wonderful story-line with people. As author I just love how characters unfold in the events and occurances, how they deal with problems they are being faced with and how their inner evolves. From combat, traveling and scouting an old tomb, bringing an artifact to identify and learn of its origin - you name it. As long as it is sensible, exciting and enjoyable with people!

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Blood-Elves are my favourite class. I am nuts for Elves. From Tolkien's Ñoldor and Sindar, over the Drow, towards the evil Alben of the norse mythology.
And as class... I am swinging between the rogue and the warlock. But I believe it is the warlock in the end! Studying the dark and making use of it, tapping magical energy for the purpose to find knowledge!

What are your expectations of this server?:
Alone from the rules, I expect the population of this server to be friendly and calm, welcoming even. I expect to find people who gladly accept newcomers without the generel 'Haha you n00b', which one might know from the official serves. I hope to find partners to RP and to engage into friendships and wonderful story-lines.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
In all honesty spoken, it is the 'Knowing when to quit' section for me. It is what I experienced often as problem in other games I played (such as Lord of the Rings online). It was actually hard to keep away from troublesome people and from drama. You engaged into the community and it was clear, the OOC Drama was eventually going to catch up with you. I really really hope that this rule is taken serious here. I have seen very silly arguments and friendships break over such OOC dilemmas.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
A story! Why, gladly I shall! :) Mind my english please, it may not be accurate at all times, but I shall try my best...

The company closed in, mile for mile, towards their destination.
At the peak rode a broad figure on a powerful dapple-gray, head and body were draped in sumptuous furs. Behind followed five men, who were warding themselves in similar manner against the biting cold. Also their bodies seemed, judging by their outlines, to be almost twice as vigorous as an average man.
In a short distance after them soughed two sledges, in one sat two more travelers, the other appeared to transport viands and equipment. The end was made by fifteen riders. Pennants, banners or similar was sought in vain, any coincidental observer received no hints, with whom he was dealing with. One thing was sure however: The travelers belonged not to the poor of the land.
On a short order, the tempo was increased and the sledges took up on speed. High flew the thick snow from below the hooves, the skids swished over the white. The sky began to dye itself into a dark blue, the night came slowly over this land.
Matuk drew the scarf further into his face, then he adjusted his fur hat, until only the brown eyes were to be seen. But the effort was of no aid. The cold of Khaz Modan seemed to always seek and find a way through the clothes. Even the four layers of blankets and furs, in which he had draped himself brought only limited improvement of the situation. The already a bit older, former provost of a house of healing pressed the teeth unto each other and wondered how long the horses would go with this tempo.
They lay far behind their schedule, but everything had gone wrong on this travel what could have gone possibly wrong.
As Matuk had bravely attempted to ride the distance from the knight's castle towards Ironforge on the back of a horse, did he fall on the third day and broke his arm. One week he had been without consciousness.
As he was so far well again that they could continue their way, came the company into the short northern autumn, with the heavy rain, that had caused all streets to become routes of mud. Bad food let four horses die. Maewen, the blood-elvish sorceress of the southern reaches of Kalimdor, got sick because of the constant wet weather and suffered several weeks under an awful cold. During that time, the monk had not gone from her side.
The only one who defied every misfortune like a rock was Torfrid, member of the Order of Swords, a paladin order. The muscle-bound warrior in the heaviest armor that Matuk had ever seen in his life, appeared of unassailable nature. Without his endurance and the unshakable discipline of this men, the travel would have ended long ago.
Thanks to the many interruptions, they would reach Ironforge late. Far too late, as Matuk found.
The company performed a sudden turn, aiming for a solitary homestead. Through the change of direction, Maewen awoke from her light sleep.
»What is it?«, she asked quietly. »Why have we left the main-road?«
Matuk tried to shrug with his shoulders, at which he did not succeed however because of the many furs. »I honestly do not quite know, but I wager, it is getting too dark for the knight.«
The riders and sledges came closer and slowed down on their tempo. Alerted dogs began to bark and warned the residents of the house of the new arrivals.
A worried farmer stepped out of the door, behind him several young men gathered, who held wooden clubs and looked with hostility at the visitors.
Torfrid halted and drew his hood back.
»I greet you, farmer. I am Torfrid, Knight in the Order of Swords, servant of light. We require accommodation for this night. So offer us your house and you shall earn a reward for your kindness.«
Matuk sighed silently. As always did the knight sound imperious and self-evident, when he said something, as if he would not accept a refusal.
»One day he will learn that he is not the king of the world«, whispered Maewen to Matuk, who had guessed his thoughts.
The farmer narrowed his eyes. »And if I now would not have any space, milord?«
Torfrid stood up in his stirrups. The sword on his side was now clearly to be seen. »Then we would make us some, farmer. I have been riding far, my men and beasts are exhausted. I am not in the mood to enter a long argument with you.«
That hint, could be understood in several ways, found the monk.
The young men grabbed their clubs tighter, but the farmer nodded. »We would be anyway inferior, would you intend us ill. Enter therein. Bring the horses into the barn.«
»Thank you. Your effort and your wisdom shall be rewarded at the day of our departure«, promised the knight and swung himself down from his saddle.
Just now did the five followers dismount as well, light, metallic clatter could be heard by their movements. Maewen and Matuk stood up with stiff limbs and teetered out of the sledge.
The inner of the homestead began to fill itself with people. A few logs of wood were put unto the fire, the big living and sleeping quarters began to warm up and let the tiredness of the travelers become even greater.
In a mixture of curiosity and mistrust did the farmers' sons observe the strangers, who spread over their home, brought the cold and snow from outside and had granted themselves hospitality.
The furs of the new arrivals fell to the ground and forth came six careful worked armors of metal with expensive engravings. For only one of these armors, one could have bought ten of this homestead, with animals and servants.
»What do you have to eat, farmer? We are hungry. A warm soup shall be enough to return the warmth into the body«, said Torfrid who had gone to Maewen and Matuk in front of the hearth and held the hands against the fire, to bring the fingers back unto a normal temperature.
»I will see what I can do, milord«, answered the man. »A soup should be able to be made, despite our own small stocks.«
The door opened and a few squires entered, who, on a wave of the knight, began to help the warriors out of their metal-skin. Buckles and straps were opened, ties were pulled through eyelets and rivets were removed. The procedure took a certain time. The farmer's sons observed every movement and motion with growing fascination.
Finally stood Torfrid, only clothed in a padded hauberk, in front of the flames. Slightly he moved the powerful shoulders, let the shorn head circle and stretched the muscular arms.
Maewen had in the meanwhile found a chair and sat now very close by the fire. Her white-blond hair and the long ears caused obvious interest among the farmer's sons, who remained whispering in one of the corners. Matuk leaned with his head on the wall and seemed to sleep while standing.
»Tomorrow we will be in Ironforge«, he said to the elvish woman and stroked over his long blond beard, that hung like a thin rope of gold from his chin unto his chest. »Then brother Redwine will finally be able to perform his mission.«
»Only to sit for one year in the dungeons of thy castle afterwards«, added the Elf. »Not a very nice outlook for him.«
»He can blame himself for that, I would mean. And I do not even think about to grant the monk but a single day off his penalty.« He looked at her, the flames of the hearth were mirrored in his eyes. »Think of it, you would have died of his drunkenness. Unthinkable. What a waste of beauty.«
»Thank thee.« She tilted slightly her head.
»And so did my lord order me to protect brother Redwine and if my master demands this test, then I shall not falter on the quest.« He gave Matuk a light kick, that the monk looked up startled. »And? When will you speak about your so very important task, which is so meaningful, that the Grandmaster puts one of his best warriors to your side?«
The former provost rubbed his eyes, took a seat by the table and sighed deeply. »I told you already several times and I will do so again: When we are in Ironforge, you will know.« He looked at the wooden plate that the farmer's wife had brought him. »And act towards me a bit more decent, as it fits a knight.«
Torfrid laughed loudly. »I act like it fits to a member of the Order of Swords, when he stands before a sentenced prisoner.« His voice was full of mockery and aversion. »The Grandmaster did not ordered me to like you, but to bring you there, where you want to go, brother Redwine. I will execute that task, nothing more.«
The elvish priestess put another log on the fire. Since they were traveling, these arguments between the two men happened constantly. Secretly she admired the calm and serenity with which Matuk stood against the permanent hostility from the warrior. He seemed to accept it as part of his penalty.
Torfrid made no secret about his aversion, that came from time to time even to the edges of enmity. To the contrary stood his obliging behavior whenever he dealed with her. No loud word, no reprimand and no ambiguous innuendos to her elvish being and her brethren that fought for the horde.
She just hoped that the patience of Matuk was not spend at some time and that he would rebuke the knight. Would that happen, the monk would have to be brought most likely in pieces to Ironforge.
Before it could come to the next poisonous exchange of words, brought the daughters of the farmer a steaming hot cauldron into the room and handed out the content in the readied plates. After the men had wordless taken in the soup, the cauldron was taken into the barn, where the squires should get their part of the dinner.
»The Gods, the wise and the just, shall thank you for your generosity and reward you for your kindness«, thanked Matuk. »May the blessings of them be with you.«
The elderly woman smiled shyly.
»The still lingering essence of the Sunwell is with you and thy home. May it grant thee a rich harvest«, said Ælbdís friendly, laid her right hand on her heart and offered the left.
A bit confused looked the farmer's wife now to the Elf, took the hand however and shook it carefully, without leaving the stranger out of her eyes. Obviously she was a bit afraid of the blood-elf.
»The gods of war and of battle, of the hunt, of honor and of decency have chosen your house to bless you with the mere presence of their servants. Feel honored.« Torfrid nodded graciously, while he stroked over his beard and stretched his legs out below the table.
The farmer's wife bowed and disappeared into the kitchen.
»Exactly that is the difference between our gods«, said the monk suddenly into the direction of the knight. »You think, to stand above everything and to be able to order about anyone, just because you know your abilities as Paladin on your side. That makes you arrogant and not gladly seen among the simple folk.«
»Did you drink again, brother Redwine?«, said the warrior scoffing. »My tenant farmers are very pleased with the manner how I act with them.«
»Them maybe. But what about the people here?« Matuk looked around in the living quarters. »We have invited ourselves, because we forced us upon them, not because we were asked to enter. You even threatened the family. What would you have done if they would have denied us their hospitality?«
Maewen rested the head on her hands and awaited the answer of the knight.
Torfrid grasped around the hilt of his sword. »But they would not have denied it to us.«
»That was not the question, Torfrid«, cut the sorceress into the conversation. »What would have happened, had the farmer possessed the bravery and had denied us?«
»I am a knight of the Order and bound to higher purposes.« The face of the man became darker. »Would I have left you die out in the cold, my master would have been disappointed in me, who gave me the task in person. And that would never come into question.« The end of the sword sheath hit the ground once. »We would have come into the house this night, in the one or the other manner. More I will not say to that. In the way as it had come, it worked out well for everyone.«
»You are presumptuous«, spew Matuk out. »You really would have done ill to them.«
Torfrid smiled evil. »And you are the reason, for why we are here. Would I have to kill someone, you would have to be blamed as well, do not forget that, monk. Your god and the mine, seem, out of whatever reason, to have spoken with one another. I hope, I will learn one day of it.« He stood up, turned his back to both of them and stepped in front of the fire.
»I am sorry«, said Maewen quietly.
Matuk turned surprised his face to her. »For what are you sorry?«
»How he treads thee. He is so demeaning.« She broke a piece off the bread and munched slowly on it. Softly rested her eyes on the monk.
»I am his prisoner and have made myself guilty of a terrible felony«, he said after a while. »I understand him somehow and myself I do not understand how that could have happened to me. I think I deserve his treatment.«
»Thou deservest not to be treated that well. But a bit friendlier tone would raise the mood on this travel immensely. It has gone anyway so much wrong already that I began to think about it. Either, the gods do not see any reason to help us out or something incredibly powerful tries constantly to place stones in our path.«
The eyes of the monk became narrowed. »What could be more powerful than the light? Or several gods together?« He stroked with his hands over his face. »Something like that does not exist.«
»I do not know«, the sorceress answered carefully. »After what I heard from thee, is the threat that closes in on these lands already on its way, is it not? If these were now harbingers? If, whatever it is, that tries to hinder us, is merely gathering its powers?« She grasped the hands of the surprised Matuk. »We must hurry. And we must not let us be hindered any further.«
»You really think, that all our problems, the sickness, the fall off the horse, the overly mudded ways, that all was conjured up by some evil power?« He still did not sound quite convinced. Her touch confused him to that. Like cool velvet was her skin, the glow of her eyes found its way deep into his consciousness, as to that day in the dungeons. His heart took up on pace.
»I do not know.« She let go. »If it is so, then we must prevent that it becomes stronger.«
»I must lie down. I am tired«, stammered the monk and walked over to the door. »Good night.«
Maewen raised her hand in farewell, Torfrid stared further into the flames.
The two were now alone in the big room. A strange silence began to spread. Quietly cracked the wood in the fire, from the barn sounded the voices of the murmuring men and the animals.
The Elf observed the knight. »I wished thou wouldst be a bit nicer to Matuk.«
»And I wished, my master would not have given me this mission«, replied Torfrid, without turning around to her. »I go with quivering banners into battle, fall with fury into combat, but to play the guardian for the one who is supposed to sit in jail, is unpleasant to me. The monk even insisted that we travel without any standards through the land. Like poor beggars. Would I meet one of my Order-brothers, they would laugh at me.«
»Maybe that is the reason, for why thy lord thought of this test for thee?«, she said friendly. »A task that not every member of the Order is able to perform.«
Now the knight did turn around to her. »Very clever of you, Maewen. And now tell me what you know of this secret of brother Redwine. I am sure he told you.« He crossed his arms before the broad chest. As he tried to focus her, she evaded his seeking look.
»He did not tell me anything concrete«, she answered slightly hesitatingly. »I think he looks for someone in Ironforge.«
Triumph was to be read off the face of the warrior. »I knew it!« His hands traveled to his belt and grasped the silver buckle. Like a mountain he stood in front of the delicate Elf and looked down on her. Then he smiled. »So he is looking for someone. To do what?«
She shrugged slowly with her shoulders. »That he did not want to say. He is restraining himself on that matter.«
Torfrid made a step forward and crouched to come unto the same eye-height with Maewen. »Are you telling the truth, sorceress from a fabled land? I cannot quite shrug off the feeling that you have a secret from me.«
She succeeded in conjuring a wondering expression on her face. »I would never dare to do that. I am far too afraid of thy ... great kindness, should my fraud be discovered.«
»Me punishing you? How could you think of that?« He stroked gently over her cheek. »I could never do that. You have grown far too dear to me for that. I wished I could protect you in his stead.« He stood up and sat down at the table and drew his elvish sword.
The blade shimmered in the light of the fire, the jewels glimmered otherworldly. Carefully Torfrid brought the flat side to the mouth, kissed the steel and spoke a quiet prayer. Reflective he sheathed the weapon again.
Maewen had not ceased to focus all her senses on the man. She studied the religious behavior exactly in order to gain an impression of the habits of followers of other believes.
Since their departure, repeated the knight this ritual before he went to bed. The words were always the same, also the tone with which he spoke them was never altered. Theoretically, she could have prayed with him, so well did she knew the rotation already.
Matuk however, as follower of the healing arts, spoke over the day from time to time to his god, thanked him for this and that, gave the people his blessing or promised the aid of his divine patron.
The Elf remained to give the well wishes of the Sunwell what was often enough already to cause confusion among the simple folk.
Most of the people held the Elves and especially the land of Kalimdor's south still for a fairy-tale from the stories of merchants and braggarts. That now however a mystical being stood in front of them and spread to that the blessings of an unknown entity, was to the most more than just creepy. She did not quite know if assaults did not occur because she was a woman or because she was in the companionship of an armed group of men.
»I guess you are at home in thoughts?«, said Torfrid behind her. »I could understand that. They say, the lands of the Elves are mild and warm lands. Yours is said to be hot, but very beautiful.«
»Who says that?« The priestess turned around, smiled. »I cannot remember to have met many visitors there.«
»Your brethren's land was also in the past not the friendliest, if you remember.« The knight had taken a seat behind her and poured steaming tea into two mugs. »The warriors had closed the borders entirely, strangers were either driven off or even killed, if it is true what they say.«
She took the mug and sipped from it. »Yes. That was a very bad time for my people's land. Lor'Themar Theron still lead us, but he has become calmer now. The land may be entered again by visitors. We even took up trade with a few villages in the north.«
»And still your people remains shrouded by secrets to the men of Azeroth. But I am not interested in fairy-tales. You understand, that I hold great curiosity for the war-fare. I have heard already about your warriors and their strange weapons.« He took a sip, the other hand he laid on the table. »How does your kin fight? I would like to measure myself one day with one of your warriors.«
She laughed friendly. »I can imagine that very well, Torfrid. You would experience a great duel. But usually I avoided the near of the warriors. They are a strange group, full of lordliness and arrogance towards others.«
»Like me, you want to say, don't you?« Torfrid grinned. »You will have little luck, if you hoped for a discussion. I am not Matuk.«
»I know«, she sighed. »I know it all too well.«
»He also could not protect you as well as I could do.« He laid his hand on hers. »I think you are the only reason why I would go into death, except for my god.«
Maewen drew her hand carefully back. »I hope for all of us, that thy god did not hear that.«
»Maybe he was just talking with yours and did not hear anything of our conversation. If the gods understand one another that well already, should not their followers come closer to one another as well?«, said the knight and grasped again after her hand. »We should use the opportunity.«
»Thou meanest, thou wouldst use the opportunity«, she corrected him. »Matuk was right: Thou art presumptuous.« Her eyes were glowing scandalized. She got up and left the room.
»Take a mantle. It is cold outside«, called Torfrid after her. He placed a hand on his sword-hilt and rose up. »I will tame her«, he promised to himself quietly. »Sooner or later, she will be mine.«

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Hmm... only maybe that my knowledge on Azeroth is a bit rusty. I will read on it, but I welcome any help from people and explanations if I understood something wrong. The lore is quite massive. :)
Hello, Maewen, I'm Caravan and I'd like to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde! Thank you for your story :). Don't worry about being rusty -- I was, too, but you've got a lot of resources here -- fellow players, player-written race/class guides, and the staff.

So, take a look at our rules, policiesand these "swelltastic" guides as a way to get a feel for our server and the lore.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to PM me here on the forums. You can also usually catch me lurking in-game on Cara or Xanthe. But, really, you can ask anyone else on the server (particularly our fantastic GM and Forum Helper staff) as we're all usually free and willing to help!

Also! Don't forget to /join chat (for general communication) and /join barrens (for all the sillies) when you get in game! If ever you need to find a GM, .gm ingame is a very handy In-game command! Tickets also work.

:) Again, welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay~!
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
What's the matter with this flow of new Norwegians? First Faith, now you! Welcome to CoTH, though! I'm excited to see more of us around! :D

Spoiler:
I'M NOT ALOOOOOOOONEEE!!!!!
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
Thank you very much! :) I will check right away the account and everything and try to get back into handling WoW. So long its been and I sure have forgotten all the controls!

Hehe, and maybe the norwegians hunger for roleplay? ;)