The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Scintillant's Introduction
"First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:"
Hey there! My name is Jerry. I'm twenty-two years old for those curious. I sometimes go by Mike, but considering my handle on this forum, "Scin" or "Sin" are two nicknames I'll happily respond to.

I have a deep love of music, and listen mostly to metal and dubstep. My musical tastes are rather varied due to having an open mind though. Anything from classical to rap might also be found on my computer. I normally won't enjoy Country, but there are some exceptions. Polka, however, is not something I enjoy to any degree.

I'm an avid gamer. Castlevania: SOTN, and Dark Souls are my two favorites. I'm also of the firm belief that AC stands for Armored Core... not Assassin's Creed, that Morrowind was the best Elder Scrolls game, and that console wars are pointless. Play what you enjoy. Play it on PC if you can be bothered to tweak your games, because most games will look better, run smoother and will have controller support.

I've been roleplaying for over ten years now. I don't know the exact number, but it's been a while. I started on the Neopets roleplaying forums in middle school. Since then, I've found out what I do and don't like, what I should and shouldn't do, and allowed my imagination to be increased as I was introduced to new ideas.

All in all, I'm very patient and tolerant, open minded, politely blunt and honest, and have both an odd sense of humor and an overactive imagination.

"What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:"
I hail from America! As such my primary language is English. I took two years of Spanish, but I neglected to do my homework for those two years. No idea how I passed.

"How did you get into Warcraft?:"
I was spoiled. My dad bought me an account in high-school with a level 60 priest on it. Ironically, I got to play a Death Knight before he did when Wrath of the Lich King came out. This amused me to no end. Unfortunately, this means I'm unfamiliar with content and content-dependent lore from levels 25 to 55. I never played those mid-range levels because I was too busy fighting the Scourge in Northrend.

"How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:"
I found CotH through Google by typing in the words "WoW, free, server," and "roleplay" in no particular order.
I quit WoW because what I enjoyed about it was changed into something I do not enjoy. The talents were simplified beyond my liking and all of my builds went down the drain. PvE and PvP just weren't as entertaining. I played on a RP server... so I was paying $15/mo. to roleplay, when I can do the same thing on a forum, MUCK, or RP-heavy game that's free. As I understand it, this server is pre-Cata, too! Perfect.

"What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:"
Plot-centered roleplay within a small or large group... both story and combat (so long as the combat doesn't get too complex). When that isn't readily available, I enjoy interacting with new people in public areas.
This was a hard question to answer for me. I enjoy any type of roleplay so long I feel like those roleplaying with me enjoy my posts or character. Again, I'm open-minded and rather easygoing as long as the environment is good.

"What is your favorite race/class? Why?:"
A (female) Draenei Death-Knight. Why? Mostly due to aesthetics and flavor in regards to the race and class, respectively. The Draenei racial wasn't bad when tanking with the Blood spec, either.
I had a lot of fun roleplaying a slightly insane character. Due to the nature of her death, Phria's brain was a little scrambled. She still had her memories, but they were distorted. She also believed that she needed to drink blood to maintain her undeath. More or less a psychological addiction, and a nasty habit to boot. Something a proper lady shouldn't be doing. Oddly enough, my use of the Blood spec supported my rp.

"What are your expectations of this server?:"
High, in one word. I'm currently wondering how much time I will need to dedicate to it, but looking at the rules set forth and the attitude towards roleplay and roleplayers in general, I think I'll be happy here.

If you'll allow me to go a bit off topic: A somewhat bittersweet experience in Second Life has left me cautious about joining roleplaying groups due to the lack of free time that happens to us all from time to time. I joined a group there called the Dark Lords of the Sith. Excellent group, but I just didn't have the time needed to complete my studies on the Star Wars universe. There's more to learn that I would have ever imagined. They take their roleplay very seriously, and expect their members to know what any Sith should. Understandable! Realizing I couldn't stick around, I posted to explain why and was able to leave on good terms.
I hope that the same thing won't occur here, because this server interested me enough to give it a shot.

"Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:"
Another hard question. I'm happy with all of the rules as they are stated on the server's wiki page. The one that I noticed the most was the Plagiarism rule. Across all of my years roleplaying, I've never seen plagiarism explicitly forbidden in a set of rules. I think it's a good idea.

"Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:"
[I wrote this for a character of mine I rp outside of WoW, Xorath Moonborn. He can be found on rprepository.com]

Everything has a beginning, so it is only suitable that this story start there.

In the beginning, there was Nothing.
In the end, there will be Nothing.
So it is written in the very laws of existence. None deny the call of fate, but not all heed it's will.

Long before time began anew, there existed a realm of mundane things and creatures. As with all things, it was their fate to live and die, and live again until the end of days. Then, came ambition... and with ambition, greed. Mortals sought to halt the cycle of creation and destruction, and their actions brought the end of days upon them before their time.

The Old Ones swept forth from their resting places. Their power is terrible, and their hatred drowned all in the blackness of Nothing. All that was, died. All that remained was it's ghost... but that ghost was more powerful than the Old Ones knew, and it tore the Nothing apart.

From the Nothing, everything was made again. In a moment's time, the Old Ones were bound once more, scattered to the darkness beyond the graveyard of the stars and sealed there for as long as the old magic could hold them. It was after this that time began anew, and the Nothing was torn into the elements that the remnants of the Old Existence needed.

From those elements, all things were created anew. We are all around you. The ground below your feet is ours. The water in your sea is ours. The fires that warm your bones are ours. The air within your lungs is ours. Your Angels, your Demons... they are but spawn of our Balance. Your Gods, your Devils, they are but subjects at our feet. Good, evil, order, and chaos are but pieces of the whole. We maintain the balance, but we cannot do it alone.

Existence is always limited. The Nothing seeks to reclaim your world and countless others, the worlds that were born of our very essence. Just as we carry out the will of our collective soul, the Nothing has fragments that carry out the it's will as well. Your lore has aptly named these creatures Nothlings. They embody as many things as we do, but strive to erase all that we are. Do not mistake these beings for evil or chaotic, for they are not. Everything has an opposite, otherwise it would not exist... and the Nothlings are the opposite of our balance, our Harmony.

Yes, even the Harmony is an extreme... a state of balance between all things. The Dischord will cause your worlds to be destroyed and remade yet again. This must happen eventually, but it is not yet time, and so we, the Ze'zhunath, will continue to remove Dischord from our multiverse until the mortals, within their many planes and worlds, are capable of fighting with us.

We will protect you for as long as we can. Prepare yourselves.

"Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:"
I'd only like to thank you for taking the time to look my introduction over! Thank you very much.
Howdy, Scintillant, I'm Caravan and I'd like to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

I quite enjoyed your story :) and am pleased with your wide range of music. (Surely you don't mean Old Country is bad! Pop Country I can see being a 'no'... ;P ). Now, as for time -- play as your able. We're not going to frown and say "Scintillant only played for three hours this week >=( DELETE HIM FROM THA SERVAAAA." Now, keep in mind that to apply for Gruntship, you'll need to be active (forums/in-game) for a month. So, come November 18th, if you've been consistently active you're free to apply. If 11/18 comes around and your only post is this introduction and you haven't shown up in-game...well... try again in December :3. Other than that, I hope we can live up to those high standards.

If you have not already, I suggest taking a look at our rules, policies and these "swelltastic" guides as a way to get a feel for our server.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to PM me here on the forums. You can also usually catch me lurking in-game on Cara or Xanthe. But, really, you can ask anyone else on the server (particularly our fantastic GM and Forum Helper staff) as we're all usually free and willing to help!

Also! Don't forget to /join chat (for general communication) and /join barrens (for all the sillies) when you get in game! If ever you need to find a GM, .gm ingame is a very handy In-game command! Tickets also work.

:) Again, welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay~!
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
Thank you! I'm looking forward with digging in and getting involved. First, I have a lot of reading and downloading to do though. Brushing up on lore is probably a good start. That said, I like it here already.

Edit: Also, for the record, I do like older country. Garth Brooks will always be awesome.