The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

cannichell's Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I go by cannichell (long story) and I'm a girl looking to tell a story. I'm 21 going on 22, a university student and avid roleplayer. I've always loved the rich history and lore of the World of Warcraft and the chance to truly role-play within it is something I'm looking forward to.

I tend towards idealist characters with good/altruistic personalities. Either young ambitious and courageous things hoping to make the world a better place for their loved ones, or those trying to overcome the hardships heaped upon them. That is not to say, however, that I do not play the morally ambiguous (or even downright evil) type, but I simply prefer to be a hero rather than a villain.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am from the United States of America and my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My friends got me into Warcraft II when we were in middle school. We would play for hours at a time and I loved it. I especially loved the campaign mode. When Warcraft III came out, I never looked back. It was just a matter of keeping up with the releases. I love the lore and the mythos and all of the great characters Warcraft has given us.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
A group of friends and I have been looking for an RP server and we all agreed that this server looked the best. Great reviews, strict policies and a healthy dose of realism (no lore-heavy characters or mage-warriors, etc.) - this server is perfect!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I generally enjoy going against the grain, working against character or race stereotypes and overcoming odds. In particular, my favorite stories involve some unusual aspect of magic or faith (and sometimes a combination of the two) and explore what affects it has on the world and the character in question. All in all, however, I am not particularly adverse to any type of roleplay... with a few exceptions.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Favorite race is the Draenei. I am fascinated by their story, their struggle. When their kind turned to evil, the few rang out against it and exiled themselves. They support goodness and the value of life and I find a profound story is being told every day they carry on. As far as class, however, I have always been partial to the druid. I love their versatility and their connection to nature. The story of their origins is also fascinating, however, and their link to one of the more important and influential events in the history of Azeroth is pretty telling.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect to have a good time, really. My friends and I are hoping to play together and tell our stories with people willing to play with us. Not much beyond that!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I love that Respect is the first rule, as it is a very important thing to have in a roleplaying environment. Some situations require a greater sense of community than what would be possible without the tenant of respect, an understanding and camaraderie that I believe will be easy to find here.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Dramori kept a smile on her face as she stared down at the puny creature before her, all the while something deep within writhed against chains and drew sparks in her all too intense gaze. The human, Martha, moved slowly and trembled as she did, working on the concoction the Draenei had been sent to retrieve. That the old woman's hands shook as she handled precious alchemical ingredients tugged at Dramori's nerves, a flash of a scowl pulling at her otherwise friendly features. Weakness. It was all she could see as she stared--glared--at the venerable witch. Catching steel blue eyes on her the expression returned to benevolent neutrality and patience, the picture of her altruistic and worldly brethren. Even so, the human stopped her fiddling and settled a suspicious glare in Dramori's direction.

"Is there something wrong, Weaver Dramori?" came the crone's heavy words.

Something snapped within her--those bindings she had felt rattling not long before?--and a wicked grin claimed her visage, warping soft features into something less than recognizable. The Draenei - no, the Eredar - took a step towards the graying hag, the sound of her hooves upon the floorboards oddly predatory. "Oh no, Matron Martha," Dramori cooed, "I'm just admiring your handy work." Spindly fingers wandered across shelves, like purple spider legs crawling over vials and candles and various other products of magical quality. Martha tensed visibly and her hands tightened on sprigs of purple lotus leaves. Sounding ever darker and ever less like the Draenei Matron Martha had grown accustomed to, Dramori tutted the old woman gently, condescendingly.

"Oh, I'd be careful with those ingredients, Martha... They are very hard to find this season and Farseer requires this elixir of dream vision for his work."

Quicker than should have been possible in royal blue robes and clumsy hooves, Dramori was upon Martha, face inches apart. As if a flood of yellow light hit the room, the Weaver's eyes bled into a sickly fel green and her features sharpened like knives. Strong hands gripped the Matron's thin and weak arms, nails pressing into cloth and then skin with such severity that she drew blood in only a matter of seconds. Coated in blood and dark magics, Dramori heaved and shook in the silent hut, arms akimbo as she gave in to the long repressed demonic powers latent within her. Far off from the rest of civilization, locked away for purposes of alchemy and experimentation, Martha met her fears in the form of a corrupted Eredar.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nope!
Hello! I'm flammos200(Just Flammos is fine too.), and it's my pleasure to welcome you to CoTH!

Now, be sure to read up on the Rules and Policies if you haven't already, and if you need help Creating a Character, you can find some on the Wiki, or take a gander at some of the Profiles there, to familiarize yourself with some of the people you might meet on CoTH.

Other than that, I'm happy I get to meet(and welcome!) another person who appreciates wide-eyed idealists who work hard to earn their happy ending as much as I do. It's really, really refreshing for people to play a hero straight and get away with it by making an interesting person of a character. Humm. I can agree wholeheartedly with your views behind having the Draenei as a favorite race, as well. /thumbs-up. And, I've got a soft spot for pursuing obscure/oft-overlooked aspects of magic and faith in the Warcraft universe(and not just that).

I think you and whoever you happen to bring along are going to fit in just fine. Oh, and if you're ever lookin' for one more person to butt in on your fun, drop me a line. Thanks for the story, too!

But hey, if you need any more help or have any more questions, feel free to PM a GM or Forum Helper like yours truly. Seriously. PMs never killed anyone... yet.

See you around!
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!