The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Berathren's introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I have been playing role-playing games off and on for about 9 years now. I played retail WoW on the RP servers, and spent much of my time as a teenager developing my skills as a role-player.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
US. English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
When I was thirteen, my friend showed me it and I was immediately hooked.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
Me and some of my friends have been looking for a good role-playing server and found this.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Everything from over-arching story lines, to random tavern encounters.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Human/Paladin. It was my first true 'main' race/class, and I suppose I am simply a fan of the pure righteousness and naivety sometimes associated with paladins. I am also a fan of taking that black and white perspective and twisting it, for better or for worse.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect to see skilled role-players who enjoy the unfolding and enhancing of a good story.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Maturity.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Beratheren Heartseeker was a loyal member of the High Elven Royal Guard long before the First Orcs invaded Azeroth. He held a distinguished record, and was highly regarded among those who lived in the city. As time passed, however, he grew old and resigned to a martial instructor's position, where he trained the new recruits and got them battle-ready. Once he'd officially retired from his life with the Guard all-together, he had established a reputation for being a rather intense instructor. He had what was considered among some in the Guard as the most drilling and hardcore regimen of any other instructor. However, he also had the best turnout when it came to harnessing raw potential. Lords and Ladies from many of the minor houses sought to have their offspring privately taught by Beratheren. However, Beratheren was not one to take on pupils lightly, and as such often offended many of the local nobles. Oddly enough, though, it was not uncommon to see Beratheren taking on the sons and daughters of close friends as favors. He also had been known to take on those with no ties to Quel'dorei High Society seemingly for no charge. Which obviously infuriated the wealthy nobles, who'd offered to pay top dollar for his services.

He had many gifted pupils. But he had his favorites, too. An ambitious young elf named Velistor; a shy, but very gifted girl named Arwena; and a calculating magic wielder named Aerion. The three of them were tutored under Beratheren at the same time, and he had decided, on a whim, that he wanted to put the three of them together. To make them a team. Alone they showed potential, but together, he noticed, they truly excelled.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Not at the moment.
Hello! I'm flammos200(Just Flammos is fine too.), and it's my pleasure to welcome you to CoTH!

Now, be sure to read up on the Rules and Policies if you haven't already, and if you need help Creating a Character, you can find some on the Wiki, or take a gander at some of the Profiles there, to familiarize yourself with some of the people you might meet on CoTH.

Other than that, take it from someone who's had over-arching storylines on CoTH that have lasted(and continue to last) for over two and a half years, epic tales are the best of tales, with recurring characters, awesome themes and deep motifs, weaving webs of intrigue and tapestries of greatness-... Sorry, got carried away there; uhm. Still, when you get tired of too much action, taverns are the way to go. As a bit of dark humor, I'll mention our tavern RP is particularly plentiful during the school year.

Thanks for the story! Funnily enough, my second ever character(in WoW) was a Human Paladin, back in... 1.8.0. Those were the days... Ah, well.

But hey, if you need any more help or have any more questions, feel free to PM a GM or Forum Helper like yours truly. Seriously. PMs never killed anyone... yet.

See you around!
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
Whoot Whoot! Two down! Two to go! Hopefully we can get the whole gang Accepted. ;)