The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Neutral Goblin City
So, I was thinking today. Of all the wonderful locations we have to RP, and then it dawned on me... what is it we are missing? What could we have that could be neutral to both factions without it being a warzone?

A goblin area! Sure, we have the very orange Booty Bay, and the water-y Rachet, but why not a mechanical monstrosity in the middle of... somewhere? A place controlled by a mogul, and ran by bruisers and those of lower-than-normal morals?

It popped in my head. To those that say we don't need anymore locations----okay. But that's why this is a suggestion and not a plea for something I desperately need.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

There are a number of them available that are commonly forgotton, Vallias airbase for starters. Additionally few people have realized the phenomenal RP opportunites available in the Isle of Conquest rp zone. There is a giant neutral goblin city there that more than fills the descriptors you listed above. Go to Isle of Conquest and make sweet RP luv'ns... or cross faction total war. I prefer the later.
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]
So I see.

Then it's a shame these are so under-used.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

A goblin city located right in the middle of ...somewhere?

Sounds like Gadgetzan to me.
Or if you'd like a winter wonderland, might I suggest Everlook?
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
There's also the Mirage Raceway if you want a mechanical monstrosity in the middle of...nowhere. A lot of entertaining things going on between Gnomes and Goblin there.
[Image: anim_500.gif]
There's also K3 in the middle of the frozen wasteland of Storm Peaks and Area 52 on a floating rock in Netherstorm.
Yes.

I know there are other locations. I was suggesting for there to be a custom area that'd take the place of Booty Bay and Ratchet as the normal "neutral" hotspots, a place that could be rather large and town-like with a Goblin theme. I was thinking it'd be cool, again, to have something that was created by CoTH to serve those who like Goblin town RP.

I understand that there has been some areas made, unfortunately it seems they are very under-used. If one of these locations would be better suited to my suggestion, then perhaps they should be used a bit more.

The reason I bring this up is because... well, there's always talk about custom areas to be made, and it seems like usually the first thing worked on is Blood Elf or human locations, so I was thinking maybe next we could work with a major neutral area.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Rensin Wrote:If one of these locations would be better suited to my suggestion, then perhaps they should be used a bit more.

People go where the RP is but frequently people prefer places that are easier to justify getting to ICly. That tends to result in more "I was just in the neighborhood" RP; and "Where the RP Is" could also explain why humans or Blood Elves have gotten themselves some custom areas :).

If the custom goblin area required a lil bit of custom lore, wouldn't it run the risk of being like Hearthglen in that it was a hub for a bit and then moved out of? (Just trying to get more of a sense of what you're wanting here)
I guess that's the problem we'd face with -every- custom area though. It's sort of a boon to build anything because it probably won't get the proper usage it deserves, and people will be fickle with the areas they choose to RP in.

I guess lock this thread. I'm sort of disheartened that things are often treated like this though, I mean, looking through this suggestion area it's as if everyone comes up with ways to say "we don't need that".

Hrm. I'll ask for a lock then, bleh.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I don't think that's exactly what went down here, Rensin; it looked like you were looking for Goblin RP zones that weren't Booty Bay or Ratchet so... people suggested them!

I can lock it if you really want to go that route -- I just think there was a misunderstanding of what you're looking for and why the other locations don't do it for you.
Alright, I'll hold off on that for now. I'm just kind of like, trying to think of a good way to express it.

...Jokingly I suggested to Reigen a flying goblin city. *Cough* But, y'know. I was thinking more along the lines of a nice, large area that properly conveys the seediness and wealth of the Cartel and it's leaders, or even expanding areas like Ratchet and the like, although I know that would be difficult considering we are on a different core that's a little more limited with what can be placed.

Perhaps I'm reaching at straws though, through my incomplete idea.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I'll see what I can do, Rensin. Gotta ask the Overlord first.
I appreciate it!

Sorry for acting all...

Rensin-ish.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

(11-05-2012, 11:11 AM)Caravan Wrote: I'll see what I can do, Rensin. Gotta ask the Overlord first.

M'sorry what?

(11-05-2012, 11:11 AM)Caravan Wrote: I'll see what I can do,

DID SOMEONE SAY BUILD?

[Image: Divericon.gif][Image: Divericon.gif][Image: Divericon.gif][Image: Divericon.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gnomish/Goblin Engineering Passive Spells kindle135 2 1,017 02-19-2014, 08:57 PM
Last Post: kindle135
  Goblin Rocket Fuel Harmonic 0 706 08-14-2013, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Harmonic
  Neutral Papers ProjectRandom 8 1,925 06-26-2013, 08:12 PM
Last Post: NodCommando
  Goblin Starting Area (Add to: Starter Zones Horde) Lendri 3 969 05-09-2013, 05:28 AM
Last Post: Wuvvums
  Neutral Roleplay Location Request Spiralin 18 2,857 04-22-2012, 03:12 PM
Last Post: CappnRob