The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Cata Client Issues
In order to keep the testing thread for... testing, I advise taking up any issues with the installation of the new client here. I'll keep my eye on it and offer what assitance I can.
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]
Forgive my nubness. I thought this is a bug-reporting area for Cata. Move along, citizen.
"Excellence is when failure becomes improvement"

[Image: a7KvoWr_460sa_v1.gif]
Nope, you'll want to redirect to the Testing thread.
Is help with installing the Cata client?
ohǫnˀadaga:yǫh

gnome guy

Indeed. Having trouble?
I'm having a touch of trouble connecting with the client. I've downloaded and installed the streaming client, changed the realmlist for it, and updated my account type to Cataclysm, but when I try to log on, it shows all the CotH servers as being offline. What have I missed?
[Image: 2mhzmdy.gif]
The COTH cata servers are not up 24/7. I know the 4.0.6 ARK core was locked and switched off last night so we could try the 4.3.4 Trinity core to see if we could use that one instead.
I suppose that would explain why they all show up as offline, wouldn't it? Excuse me. There's a herp I need to derp over here.
Good to know. Thanks Reigen.
Well, I downloaded the 4.3.4 client Kretol linked, but I'm invariably getting an error from it when I try to run it:

"This application has encountered a critical error:

The system cannot find the file specified.

Program: C:\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe
ProcessID: 8324
File: .\Client.cpp
Line: 3623

file: signaturefile

Press OK to terminate the application."

Anyone else gotten this? If I run the repair program, it replaces the CotH realmlist with the Blizzard one, re-installs the Launcher, and proceeds to patch me up to MoP.

EDIT:
Got a little further. I set the wow.mfil file (the signature file mentioned by the error) to read only. Now I receive the error, "Cannot stream required archive data. Please check the network connection."

I'm dearly hoping that this can be resolved in some fashion that does not involve downloading an entirely new client, because my connection here is beyond awful...
Seems like a bad install. You may just try swapping out the corrupted files but I generally look for a complete reinstall when that happens. At the moment, we are moving back to 4.0.6a so I wouldn't worry too much.
I think you're right, Niko. At least it won't be an issue for a little while yet.

My fun continues, of course. I can launch my 4.0.3 client without any problems, and log on to select a server, but when I try to connect to the Ark server I receive an error -- it shows "Connected!" for a second, then jumps to the "You have been disconnected from the server."
I'm not even sure if we are supposed to be able to log in. My login is verified and all that but when the character window is about to open I get DCed.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
(01-06-2013, 02:28 PM)Bovel Wrote: I'm not even sure if we are supposed to be able to log in. My login is verified and all that but when the character window is about to open I get DCed.

Precisely what happens to me, so that may well be the case.
I get the realm list. I believe the server's down.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Connection Issues? Ironhide 7 1,587 07-01-2014, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Shanura
  Technical Issues VoxServetium 13 2,986 05-27-2014, 08:50 PM
Last Post: VoxServetium
  About the Cata torrent... PhilGobatto 2 887 05-01-2013, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Reigen
  Cata is not working Djura 7 1,993 04-25-2013, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Djura
  Cataclysm client error? Kira13 1 1,014 04-20-2013, 11:46 PM
Last Post: Reigen