The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Historical Institute
The Historical Institute
Spoiler:
Due to poking, prodding and the occasional stabbing, I figure its high time I get HI back on track. Out of laziness, much of this is pasted from the sub-forum request but the info is there just the same. I may spruce up the post in time. Now is not that time.
[Image: WoWScrnShot_010513_041157_zps47f7bfeb.jpg]

IC Purpose of the Guild:

The education and development of knowledge pertaining to events of historical significance. In addition, various ranks will be responsible for a number of different duities. In addition to attending classes and field excursions, students will be required to submit a final term paper for each instructor's cirricullum in which they involve themselves. At this point they are applicable for a paid position amongst the guild staff, based on performance. Scribe ranked members will be given the salaried task of converting my GHI library of ingame books into TRP2 items in addition to working with Historian ranked members in the task of penning new texts. The Historians will be assisting with leadership roles in both instructors' courses and in field excursions in addition to the duties listed above. The Archeologists will be entrusted with the regulation of field excursions and will maintain a leadership role during such events. Instructors are responsible for the development of their own particular cirriculum and must hold at least one class a month unless RL circumstances do not allow for attendance. Current classes consist of; General History, Archeology, Anthropology, and Natural science/runic magic, the last of which will be a more focused study instructed by our resident Runemaster. In addition to the courses listed above we will be expanding to Ancient History, Dwarven History, Current Events and other such focuses as suitable instructors are brought on. As the guild expands further I will be giving some of the regional administrative duties to local Curators and will likely open the guild up to both factions at this point. Curators will be responsible for overseeing instructors, managing the flow of artifacts and the like into the guild vault, as well as other matters of administration. Untill this point I will be handling the bulk of the administrative duites as Headmaster in addition to holding my own cirricullum. I would also like to get the guild involved with some of the IC forum based newletters and such as a truely appreciate the work put into them and would love to assist if possible.

OOC Purpose of the Guild:

Though it is open to any Alliance character with an interest in the betterment of ones' self, I intend to gear the guild towards newer members to the server for a number of reasons. Firstly, the guild is very centered around the education of students in WoW lore and a major facet of this is its ability to have players explore tidbits of less commonly referenced lore though IC exchange, both developing the player and the character. I will also be employing the use of TRP2 for many of the archeological events and will thus be giving OOC classes on the advanced usage of the addon. These OOC classes will be open to all who wish to attend, guild affiliation or no and I may also continue my old OOC GHI class if there is enough interest shown. This stems from my wish to see more usage of TRP2 documents and items utilized for RP. Another major goal for the guild is to increase the use of the IC currency. Staff members will be paid based on commission for various duties and currators and instructors will recieve a monthly salary. I intend to raise profits through the IC sale of the works produced by the scribes and historians, as well as through events based on client requests. Finally, and most importantly in my opinion, is the involvement of a few characters at a time into the process of storyline development. Every member from the student to Curator will be required to assist in the planning of some facet of the overarching storyline and event chain. Though I have a rather extensive story arch developed, I've always believed that group collaboration makes for a much more memorable RP experience and also allows characters who may never have gotten involved in such planning stages to try their hand. Through a method of rotating the involved members, I am not only able to succeed in my goal for group collaboration but can still offer a suprising event for those who were not involved in its planning. That and nothing says that I can't toss in a twist for those who are in the loop... just to keep them on their toes, you see. I will choose the involved parties based on the nature of their characters and the relevence of the particular event. This potentially allows for the spotlight to illuminate their particular character where they may have otherwise taken a back seat through the event. OOCly it also allows members to get a feel for the others they are working with on a personal level and helps to build a stronger community of players. I find it highly effective an try to utilize it in the majority of the planned RP I engage in. For the time being I believe that encompases the OOC goals I have in mind.

Recruitment:

I generally recruit ICly from the Historical Institute Library in Stormwind, though in the past it was common for guests sitting in on classes or attending events to join as well. I may post a IC flyer somewhere on the forum in the coming days.

Who can attend?

I will be hosting a weekly HI event. Individual instructors are free to exceed their requirement of one hosted class per month but whether they do or not, it is seperate from my weekly event. Classes and the like are always open to guests though the majority of the field excursion events and other such events will likely be guild specific. The exception would be during a partnership with another guild or group of people.

Will there be a suprise?

Only around every turn...
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]
Would probably be prudent of me to note that I am beginning recruitment again throughout the coming week and will begin running events at some point late in the week as well. Seemed to neglect that little tidbit.
It's cause you failed nubcaek >.<
In darkness we are born, in shadows we are raised

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK4h9xR7Dec
Also, if any of you still retain your previous HI characters, I'd like to get an idea of who is active and who still intends to get involved again. I suppose this thread is as good a place for a show of interest.
No Horde allowed?D:
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Hey. Hey Nikodemos.

SPACING.

FORMATTING.

THEY ARE YOUR FRIENDS.

I like these guys, though. :3
(01-07-2013, 10:08 AM)c0rzilla Wrote: No Horde allowed?D:

Once the shattering rolls around. Until then, unfortunately no.

(01-07-2013, 10:11 AM)Sol Wrote: Hey. Hey Nikodemos.

SPACING.

FORMATTING.

THEY ARE YOUR FRIENDS.

I like these guys, though. :3

The first test is to determine whether applicants can read tiny little writing... an ever important skill in our field ;p