The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Missing
              "Tell me about your father's business."

"I think he and I could do business."

"He sounds like competition."

"The goblins won't even bat an eye."

The sun had set some hours ago on the port city of Booty Bay, the hot jungle heat giving way to the cool winter air. The stars shone brilliantly across the sky, uncharacteristic beauty to an otherwise ugly ran town. Ships were moored for the night, anchors dropped and gangplanks raised, save for one. A smaller vessel which looked something of a cross between a trabaccolo and a caravel with its two sails, both lanteen rigged sat humbly off to the side, its boarding plank still deployed late at night. A sole dwarf plodding down the pier, his gait heavy and tired as he dragged with him a satchel lazily over his shoulder. Each step he took over the plank caused a slight creak, but for no worse for the wear, it held strong. He plopped the hefty bag onto the deck of the ship with a dull thud, and pulled in the plank for the night. Wiping his brow and the dirty blonde hair out of his face, he stepped through the ship's doors.

"'Oi! Jami! Sweetcake! I'm back! Mathieu! Get up on deck and sort this out, beanpole!", he yelled out. Within seconds, a burst of arcane powder and smoke appeared before the dwarf, clearing out to reveal a rather short, chubby brown-skinned elf. She fanned the smoke away, smiling brightly and giving the dwarf a kiss on the forehead.

"Hello, Heart, are you looking for Mathieu?", she asked him. "He isn't here, I figured he was still in the Bay shopping in the markets."

The dwarf returned the kiss to the elf and scratched his mustache, frowning some. "S'gettin' late, most of the markets would be closed by now. You mean he ain't come home for dinner yet?"

The woman shakes her head. "No, he has not. I'm afraid his meal's gone cold now, too!"

The was a scoff and a chuckle. "Hah, well... he's probably out having fun in town. He's an adult now, you know? Gotta give the kid his space, let him have some responsibility. He'll probably be here tomorrow", the dwarf replied. "Now then, where's -my- dinner, hm?", he added on with a firm smack to the woman's rump.

"Oh! You goofball!", she giggled. "Dinner is where it always is, love", she smiled back to him. The dwarf placed his arm around her waist, and the two walked into the captain's cabin.

This was four days ago.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.