The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Questions for Gamers
So, you all can help me out with my Statistics class! I'm handling a project for it, and if you guys could answer two questions for me, I'd be thankful for it. In particular, looking for some answers to:

1. How long have you been gaming, approximately?

2. On average, approximately how many hours do you spend with video games a day?

You don't need to be precise here! For our purposes, I'm going to include RPing online as "gaming" here. I won't be divulging any personal information or anything for this, I'm just gathering bits of data.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
(01-20-2013, 06:11 AM)Grakor456 Wrote: 1. How long have you been gaming, approximately?
Counting my very first gaming experiences of BattleChess and the original Prince of Persia, on DOS... I've been gaming about 10-15 years now... This was ages ago, mind, so I have no idea how long exactly since I was quite young at the time...
(01-20-2013, 06:11 AM)Grakor456 Wrote: 2. On average, approximately how many hours do you spend with video games a day?
About 4 hours a day at most. 2-3 hours, otherwise... It depends on whether or not I have other stuff to do around the house after work.
(01-20-2013, 06:11 AM)Grakor456 Wrote: 1. How long have you been gaming, approximately?

Since the release of Lord of Destruction expansion for Diablo II.

(01-20-2013, 06:11 AM)Grakor456 Wrote: 2. On average, approximately how many hours do you spend with video games a day?

It varies a lot, but during my active periods I would say roughly 2-3 hours a day when spread out.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
About 19 years for me. I spend somewhere around 1-2 hours gaming a day now.
I wanna say about 17 years, with about 3-6 hours of free time I can dedicate to gaming if I want to each day.
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
1) For about thirteen years.
2) Depends. My current schedule means I tend to forgo it completely most nights of the week and utterly binge on others. I would say that two-three hours a day is a solid way of averaging that out.
I've been gaming for 11 years.

Weekdays: 3 hours a day
Weekends: 8 hours a day
I've been gaming for about 4 years, and I usually spend 3~5 hours during the week, and 8+ at weekends. Now that I'm in vacation/free from school, I've been spending about ten or more daily hours playing games, though not straight eight hours, just.. one hour there, then two there - yeah.
[Image: tumblr_mhvoxjHaqC1rzearvo2_500.gif]
Casually humorous
... Like, 14 years now.

Roughly 3-4 hours of actual gaming a day, give or take due to school/hanging out with friends.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
I've gotten my first PC at my 7th birthday, so around 11 years and 16 days.
About eight hours and a half when I'm in school.. and 22 hours when in summer break, not considering the hours I take as pause; if those would count, then around 12 hours. Damn, that's a lot!
QUESTION ONE:

I remember the first game that I played being the Mario / Duckhunt combo game for the NES. I think I was six or seven years of age--it was one of my earliest childhood memories. Soooo....doing the math....18 years now? I think.

QUESTION TWO:

My gaming habbits seem to fluctuate depending on work / school. During the semester, I only have time to game for 1 - 2 hours at most. But during semester break, I can game from anywhere from 4 - 8 hours. Settle the difference, and say that on average, I spend around 2 - 4 hours a day doin' teh gaemz?
Spoiler:
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrkzIN2eP0U[/video]

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong..."
1. I've been gaming since I could properly hold an NES/SNES controller. So I would say... 18, almost 19 years now.

2. I spend far less time with games now than I used to. Newer games don't have the same appeal as the classics do. New stuff just seems like the old stuff with difference graphics. And I like the old graphics. On average, though, I probably put in an hour or so on my classic Pokemon games. Sometimes I get really into it and spend anywhere between 7-12 hours playing either Pokemon Silver or Crystal. I miss 8bit Pokemon... So much. I won't mess with anything past 3rd gen /ramble.

(Posted from the phone)
[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @"CappnRob"): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi
1. Since I was 6, with Sega gaming station (I forget the name). So, 12 years.

2. Too much, lol. During what I consider 'weekdays'(days I work or go to school) I tend to get in 4-6 hours. During 'weekends'(days that lack such) I easily put in 8-10 hours.

I have such a wonderful life. x.x
Quote:1. How long have you been gaming, approximately?

...We got the N64 when it first came out and I played all the time with my brother. Since then, we've always been gaming. So...about 15 years now. Man, it's been a loooong time. o.o

Quote:2. On average, approximately how many hours do you spend with video games a day?

This is...gonna be sad. It really is. I wake up about 12pm and don't go to sleep until about...3-4am. So, on average, I am playing games about 14 hours a day. This is including the breaks I take to do things such as going outside and making dinner. I don't really...do...much else. I feel bad now. ._.
1. How long have you been gaming, approximately?

For about twelve years.

2. On average, approximately how many hours do you spend with video games a day?

Around two to three hours a day, I think.

Beer