The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Well, This is Embarrassing
So, after a few months of my father curiously looking over my shoulder and hearing a lot of good news about it, he's interested in joining the server. However, the site will not allow him to create an account on his computer. An error message appears saying that an account has already been made within the last (8,000 some-odd) hours with this IP and he must wait.

Does anyone have anything to suggest we do? We're two different people with two different computers. He hasn't made an account or attempted to until now. We have the same IP address because we live in the same house and share the same internet, all that jazz.

Edit: Added a word I missed in the first sentence. Whoops!
I had that happen to me actually. I guess a friend I knew must have made an account here on my computer or something, I really have no idea. I don't think I talk to them anymore. If you can, get access to another computer and make an account from there. I made an account here from work, which is where I am now. Or PM Kretol/Grakor/a GM about it.

Also, RPing with your dad eh? Man, that would be so weird for me. Not that either of my parents have any interest in these kinds of things at all, but...
(02-01-2013, 02:11 PM)alpharius Wrote: I had that happen to me actually. I guess a friend I knew must have made an account here on my computer or something, I really have no idea. I don't think I talk to them anymore. If you can, get access to another computer and make an account from there. I made an account here from work, which is where I am now. Or PM Kretol/Grakor/a GM about it.

Also, RPing with your dad eh? Man, that would be so weird for me. Not that either of my parents have any interest in these kinds of things at all, but...

My father was actually the one who introduced me to role playing. In high school he was a huge D&D nerd. And yeah, I've only gamed with him once (on Rift) and that was not only embarrassing but some of the most fun I've ever had. That's a story for another time, though. He's also gone at work for long periods of the week, so my interactions on the server with him won't be too often... However, I can turn around and poke him whenever I want since our computers are in a "computer room". Heh.

Edit: I keep forgetting words... Get it together, Rini.
Wow...I don't know what the issue might be but... Wow! If my father wanted to RP I...I don't even know what would I do. Imagine those beautiful RPs you can do. *.*
"Excellence is when failure becomes improvement"

[Image: a7KvoWr_460sa_v1.gif]
Better talk to the big Orc Kretol himself about this. And regardless, that sounds like tons of fun! :P
If my dad RPed I'd die of embarrassment...
If you send Kretol a PM, he will fix that up for you! :3
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
Cressy! Where have you been!?! If you got Skype PM me
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200