The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Deathwing's Attacks
I was wondering if this would be happening icly on CotH after we make the switch to Cataclysm:

Quote:Following his explosive escape from Deepholm, Deathwing cast a deadly shadow over the people of Azeroth. Deathwing randomly chooses zones to attack; a blackened sky is the only warning before every living creature caught in his approach is consumed by his terrible fire and killed. (Dying in this manner also rewards the [Stood in the Fire] achievement.)
I have a feeling it probably doesn't even work on private servers. o:
So I see you want some fire...

Spoiler:
[Image: deathwing.jpg]

I've also a feeling that this would be broken on private servers, but maybe Kretol would know!
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: wJQtkUn.jpg]
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
I really hope that it does work, I think it'd be pretty fun to be roleplaying and all of a sudden see a flaming Deathwing coming at you and everyone making a run for it.
I honestly thought that's the what the server announced quakes were today.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Sadly it's not as fun as you think. Having played through cataclysm and been victim to many of these attacks, it more or less insta-kills you. There's not so much time to run and hide as there is your charred corpse just keeling over.
Oh, I thought you got a bit of notice before Deathwing came in. Sky darkening/etc.
I'd rather it be a GM controlled event, if anything. I had planned on having 'deathwing attacks' events, in which people would basically just run like hell while an area burns. Doubt that'll be happening now though.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Sounds like a lot of character revival threads are going to posted soon.
It would be better if they did not work. Honestly death wings attacks were kinda silly in cata. As he flew around burning everything killing everyone but really doing no damage to anything.

[Image: c36335d73555714146b393bce05c4a74.jpg]

[Image: 1219597_c9f207c53e0656326cf233adf2569bb2.jpg]
To elaborate, as I seemed to -always- experience at least one death wing event per alt when playing though retail--

Essentially you don't get that much of a chance to run, no. The sky does darken, but no matter where you're looking your probably going to be set upon by massive fire effects and fried. In all of my time playing through Cata I only saw Deathwing during the attacks once, and that was when I was flying around and was able to be safely off the flames.

So in short, it probably would work best as a GM-ran event, aye.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roll Combat and Special Attacks rentreality 10 1,523 05-31-2010, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Kiffles
  Impending Attacks on Lakeshire and Thelsamar Fawee 33 4,377 04-21-2008, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Amerason