The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Project Awakened
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1312...f=category

So, basically, a game where you create your character, with not only appearance but a background, and the game shapes to what you create? So, you create the hero, and things are tailored to them?

Oh? And you say you've got in game footage that looks pretty decent and doesn't try to sell you based on a few rough sketches?

...Take my money.

Read up on this one guys, seriously it looks pretty damn cool. And this is one of those cases where they can actually show you some gameplay rather than promising the whole kit and kaboodle without delivering.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Sounds a little too good. They seriously think they can make a game like how minecraft just makes maps? Yeah I'll wait and see.

How did they get the money to license unreal 3, or even 4? 3 is upwards into the millions, and 4 just came out so god knows how much it costs for that. If they have the money to license unreal 3 to this game, why are they on kick starter?

The only good thing I can see is that because they have the use of unreal engine, this company meets epics standards, so that says something. I dunno I think a ton of hype is going to be built around it and then it will fail to deliver.

edit: you know I still have my doubts but let me say this: if they CAN pull this off, it will be really freakin sweet.
Quote:According to the current EULA, game developers can sell their games by paying Epic the cost of $99 USD, and 25% royalty on UDK related revenue from all UDK-based games or commercial applications above US$50,000

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unreal_Engine

Doesn't cost as much as you think.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

That's after the fact rensin. To get the licensing to be able to use their engine for commercial use they gotta pay a hefty price. The cost of using UE2 is about $750,000. I don't know the exact price of UE3 but I've been told its in the millions. Been trying to find an exact figure actually.

edit: okay it looks like there are different prices for different needs. It's still pretty high up there. Now a while back they released their engine for free to the public for modders, so are they going off of that?
(02-04-2013, 08:38 PM)alpharius Wrote: That's after the fact rensin. To get the licensing to be able to use their engine for commercial use they gotta pay a hefty price. The cost of using UE2 is about $750,000. I don't know the exact price of UE3 but I've been told its in the millions. Been trying to find an exact figure actually.

Quote: Epic released a free version of UE3's SDK, called the Unreal Development Kit (UDK), that is available to the general public. According to the current EULA, game developers can sell their games by paying Epic the cost of $99 USD, and 25% royalty on UDK related revenue from all UDK-based games or commercial applications above US$50,000

Sorry, this is the full link. There is a full -free- kit for the unreal engine. I'm sure one of the reasons they have this kickstarter, and why they've mentioned unreal 4 is -because- they want to be able to get the funding for unreal 4.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I just mentioned the free bit in my last post. Maybe I need to stop editing old posts.... lol....

Quote:why they've mentioned unreal 4 is -because- they want to be able to get the funding for it.

that could be. according to epic they've said they were making UE4 more accessible to "indie" devs, but I'm sure they have a requirements list that have to be met to be considered an indie developer. Obviously they meet it though so it's really a moot point I guess lol.
(02-04-2013, 08:42 PM)alpharius Wrote: I just mentioned the free bit in my last post. Maybe I need to stop editing old posts.... lol....

Quote:why they've mentioned unreal 4 is -because- they want to be able to get the funding for it.

that could be. according to epic they've said they were making UE4 more accessible to "indie" devs, but I'm sure they have a requirements list that have to be met to be considered an indie developer. Obviously they meet it though so it's really a moot point I guess lol.

Heh, aye. It all look interesting, regardless. Watching their main video is interesting, too.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Very. I do hope they have the tech and patience to pull it off because it sounds like its going to be a b***h, but lets just wait n see what happens...
Shut up and take all my money.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
At least I understand that they're all experienced devs, that helps their credibility quite a bit.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project M Demigod204 0 1,158 03-25-2014, 09:13 PM
Last Post: Demigod204