The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Blademaster's Farewell
Spoiler:

I’m tired, the old man thought dully. He closed his eyes, rubbing the lids as he put down the feather quill. He squinted down at the foreign words he’d written, frowning to himself as he read them over once again in light of the candle.

Kagrin Sunderskull Wrote:Overlord Kaz’gil,

Thank you for accepting my resignation. I’ve relinquished command of the Deadeye Watchers and left Rekka’nar Bloodfist to lead in my stead. I have faith in her ability, and I am certain you will find her to be an excellent replacement. I hope Warlord Teztez’jin will remain to assist her, should she require it.

Aka’magosh,
Kag’rin Sunderskull

Kag’rin sighed, and put the letter away. He drew another piece of parchment from the stack, and took up the quill once more. The words came to him slowly.

Kagrin Sunderskull Wrote:Ogar’mash and Akua,

I am proud of you, my children. Know that I will always watch over you, even unseen. My blood runs in your veins, and I will always be with you in spirit. Perhaps in our journeys, our paths will cross once more.

Your father,
Kag’rin

The lie left a sour taste in his mouth. A father would’ve been there. A father would’ve known them. They’re strangers, and it’s too late to change that. He put the letter down, together with the first, and began with the third. The words came as easily to him this time as they had come hard before.

Kagrin Sunderskull Wrote:Rekka,

My departure is sudden, I know. I have resigned, and left command of the Deadeye Watchers to you. I am sorry for putting this burden on your shoulders so soon after Daichi’s death, but I know you have the strength to lead the Watchers. That strength of youth is what the Watchers need now.

May the Wind always be at your back,
Kag’rin Sunderskull

He smiled weakly in spite of himself as he reached for another letter. He paused after he’d written the next recipient’s name. He ought to know. He’d want to know, he told himself and continued.

Kagrin Sunderskull Wrote:I see now why you left us in Felwood, old friend. I have grown weary of battle and bloodshed; it has lost all the sweetness I relished when I was younger, all meaning. Glory is something for younger warriors to crave, and there is more of those for every passing day. I have fought for the Horde for as long as I can remember, but there are others to fill my place now. There are others who can defend it better than an old cripple like me.

Kag’rin

He glanced up to the name again, mouthed it; Jurok. He missed him. Another moment of hesitation, and he rolled up and tied the letters. His body groaned as he rose from the chair and left the dimly lit tent. He spied the young orc right where he'd expected him to be. "Gresh," he called to him. "I have a final task for you!" He handed him the letters without ceremony, murmured a good-luck and slipped back into the tent to pack his things.
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Matron's farewell Maarten 0 647 10-22-2013, 09:20 AM
Last Post: Maarten
  A Farstrider Farewell Bovel 0 730 02-19-2012, 06:13 PM
Last Post: Bovel
  Dreadful Thunder [Blademaster] Xigo 2 844 08-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Xigo