The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

TOTAL WAR!
So I heard some of you guys have Shogun 2 now.

I also have Shogun 2. It's like one of my most favoritest games EVAR.

I also play Rome: Total War and am salivating over Rome II. Have it pre-ordered and everything.

This thread will be discussions for all things related to the Total War series.

DISCUSS!
Spoiler:
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrkzIN2eP0U[/video]

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong..."
Discuss? Alright!

[Image: 27270314.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Total War: Shogun 2 was aaaweeesssoooome.

I just love the simple land combat, and the expansion(Fall of the Samurai) was the most fun for me. Watching the barbarians charge at me with swords and bows while my cannons from land and sea blow them apart was very satisfying. Don't get me started on the infantry volleys, typically if I played my cards right the enemy would rout after the second wave of bullets. :P

I've actually managed to win the game as a republic(not siding with the Emperor or Shogun) once, though granted I'm pretty sure I was playing on an easier difficulty. I was still proud of myself, it was such a long and drawn out campaign, mainly due to the fact that I had to hold both sides of the mainland by sea. If any invasion force or naval ships slipped past my blockade, they'd harass my poorly defended rich cities.

The multiplayer has been really buggy/laggy for me, I haven't had a good experience with it. My strength is typically turtling until I can amass a lead in wealth to field bigger and stronger armies to overwhelm my enemy. :D

I haven't looked much into Rome II. You think it'll be good enough to pre-order? Any new features that might pop out?
My favorite thing about Rome was sending Incendiary Pigs against the Elephants and watching errybody get screwed over by the elephants. It was glorious.

Here's a video on what I was talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNRgo_V0bI0
My favorite mod for Rome: Total War was the Total Realism mod. I loved what they did with the new units and balance and everything. My favorite part of the game was always strategically placing my men to slowly surround an enemy, to the point where the routing unit had no ability to run away. Destroying an entire unit that way was always so satisfying.

Right now with Shogun 2 I'm playing a game with Darthmod installed. I'm trying to complete a campaign with Ikko Ikki, which is hard considering that EVERYONE wants to declare war with ya on the get go. Normally, I go all offense at the beginning of the game, but this one I have to defend more than I usually like to.
Spoiler:
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrkzIN2eP0U[/video]

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong..."
I liked Shogun 2 simply because of the co-op campaign. Me and my friend conquering Japan together was sweet.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]