The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Warhammer 40k Eternal Crusade MMO
I've just started reading up about this, but from this interview, I see amazing potential in this game! Still a long way to go, but I'm really hoping they pull this off. The ideas they've got are awesome. And I wanted to share this with everyone.

Also, I'm pretty sure this hasn't been posted already.. sorry, if it has been already! ;-;
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
FROM THE MAKERS OF SUCH FANTASTIC GAMES AS

TEMPLE RUN

AND

WET

No, but I'm super depressed by that interview and another I read, honestly. Free to play players have to play Orks, and the guy said specifically that it takes around five orks to kill a space marine.

Which is a paying player.

:|

He also mentioned that only 60-70% of players are actually gonna be fighting. The rest will be in 'support' tasks, like mining and gathering materials.

:||

And, my favorite quote:

"I'm not worried about balance. War isn't balanced, so why should a game based on war be balanced?"

:||||||

We'll see, but I'm already set for disappointment. :P This company doesn't have a great track record of games thus far.
Quote:FROM THE MAKERS OF SUCH FANTASTIC GAMES AS

TEMPLE RUN

AND

WET

... I dunno, dude. Saying a developer of mediocre games can't make a good game is like saying a developer who makes good games can't make a bad one.

... Having played Wet, I thought it was pretty fun.

Anywho. Hope to see more in the future! This could be a fantastic idea.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
I actually like the whole.. free players being the masses while the people who want to put their money into it(or can afford it, however you look at it) are the 'stronger' types, but will be much less numerous. I really liked this interview and think the ideas are pretty damn awesome. To each their own.
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Guys over at zenimax online are saying Elder Scrolls will be awesome with all the ideas they are incorporating into the game, first results of ideas being worked out and making it into the end game. Then hyping. (Saves dissatisfaction at the end)
[Image: kuzco_llama_by_mroobalooba-d3jkg9p.png]

Oh my god... you didn't...
(06-15-2013, 08:42 AM)Xigo Wrote: ... I dunno, dude. Saying a developer of mediocre games can't make a good game is like saying a developer who makes good games can't make a bad one.

No, it's not. It's saying that they have a terrible track record and I don't have high hopes. Which is exactly what I said.

They've done almost exclusively ports, mobile games, and TV/movie spinoffs. The High School Musical game/ Lizzie Macguire?

Yeah.
I, for one, love the idea of F2P members playing orkz to stimulate the horde. I wish they'd have an Imperial Guardsman faction though, I always liked them. Sounds like I get the chance to play Eldar, and that's something I won't miss. I love huge PvP too, so this sounds like I game I'll have to look out for in the future.
I'm with Alpharius on this. I don't have high hopes for this game. But, we'll see. I mean, how badly can they screw it up? It could either turn out to be like tabula rasa or it could end up being like Defiance, which was terrible. Or it could just end up like world of warcraft with spess mehrins. Who the hell knows. I'm waiting to see the final product, until then, all that they have said it pure conjecture and high hopes. As we've seen in the past, game companies over promise and under deliver, and then cut in half what they actually promised. So, yeah.
To tell you the truth I don't trust companies to produce a proper MMO these days. It's either free to play (pay to win) or it's so dumbed down that the general population is just kids with whom I have no intention of interacting what so ever. I tried WoW Retail just recently and I was very dissapointed. The best times I had was back on a private server before WoTLK.

Sure, I'm a fan of WH40k series. I love the damn things, have all the games. But companies lately are simply driving the gaming industry into the ground. It's been a while since I bought a game. I simply don't want to. They don't deserve our money. If I play a game I want to be quality. I don't want it to be some rushed nonsense.

The only MMO that I played for a long time is EVE. I never quit just made pauses due to financial reasons or due to exams.
High hopes, low expectations here...but from the sounds of things they might have a good mmo idea on their hands.

Having it in a company that is inexperienced's hands is a bit daunting, I'll admit...but there's always a chance they could make a shining start that brings honour to the emprah. On paper, it sounds like a good idea...planetside with four factions and a 40k flavouring...time will tell though.
Spoiler:

'Whats your LuckyDo?'

Desperate for some rp? Try the resident of OOC for a change!

http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread-I-can-has-rp

The only issue I have is how it's gonna stack up against ESO or WS, two other very impressive looking MMO's coming out this year. But I also agree with JV... this sounds very pay to win. Plus, if this does have that sort of model, chances are you're going to have limited character slots, and if most of the characters are "gathering" sorts of jobs, and you have like... three slots? Then it's going to not be as fun, because let's be honest, a game like this is intended to be played as a combat game.

It'd be nice if this game pans out, but it's really hard to tell with all the dice rolling they are doing. It could turn out to be awesome, mediocre (which in some cases can be just as bad as awful) or awful.

And even then... if it's awesome... what if the other stuff out is still more awesome?
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

...I'll say this: I don't like it, and will most likely not be involved with it. From their attitude towards players, to the payment system, to the dev's track record, to the way they're treating the IP, I foresee only failure.

That is all.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
I absolutely love the idea of unbalanced pvp combat. .... So long as ork boyz remain the outnumbering force, but depending on how cheap the pricing is for other races that may be unlikely.

Also the last comment says its due in 2015...? I really hope not :|
"Do not be fooled if you hear laughter, or happen upon a smile. There is no happiness or merriment here."
ESO got delayed to Spring 2014
Due to releases planned on both Xbox One and PS4.
Unless those are released later than the PC version, which was around fall 2013 if I am correct.
[Image: kuzco_llama_by_mroobalooba-d3jkg9p.png]

Oh my god... you didn't...
(06-17-2013, 06:26 AM)Jaella Wrote: ESO got delayed to Spring 2014
Due to releases planned on both Xbox One and PS4.
Unless those are released later than the PC version, which was around fall 2013 if I am correct.

My point still stands---I honestly think this game will have issues standing up to the competition.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eternal Crusade Thoradin 12 1,586 07-15-2013, 11:34 PM
Last Post: Alpharius