The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Wildstar Online
I came across this MMO last year but I stopped tracking it due to the release date being this year.
Now this year I saw some of the videos they released and some of the gameplay at game conferences and it looked pretty fun to me.

There hasn't been any word yet on how the payment will go but my guess it will be either buy once play forever or buy or/download and a monthly fee.

Anyhow, here is the website : http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/

I'd like to hear your expectation and whether you might buy this fine gem or not.

To me it strongly reminds me like Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank.
A frontier world, enough weird alien stuff to keep you coming back for more. Hell, I'll play this even when it isn't that well received after its initial release. The Old Republic didn't received a lot of popular reviews but by John, I liked it until there was nothing left to do there for me.

Please, keep it focused on the game in here and no bashing on the developers or the publisher.
[Image: kuzco_llama_by_mroobalooba-d3jkg9p.png]

Oh my god... you didn't...
I'm really eager to see what they have planned for the settler. I've always been the guy who loved building outposts and bases, constructing homes and settlements in any game that I've played(I would mess around in RTS games that had free building to construct bases and towns. :)).

Hopefully it doesn't cost real money to build stuff, I would be pretty disappointed.
I've been watching my e-mail for weeks hoping for a beta invite. Sadly, nothing yet but I'm anxiously looking for any word from this RP.

Things I'm looking forward to? Player housing, war plots (Basically PvP housing, you customize a warplot and take it to face off against other people's war plots), and the fact that they are aggressively working on end-game content. One of the worst things to happen when you play a new MMO is to find out that it doesn't have -any- end game content when you reach level cap, and you have no reason to stick around.

Also, McKnighter... I don't think it will cost real money. HOWEVER, I'm wondering if it's going to be sub based. One of the main "Paths" (Basically, a way for you to choose how you level) is the builder. This allows you to build stuff at socket locations through the world, such as taverns, mount vendors, special stuff... just many things as you go about your business.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did do a cash shop, if some vanity items for your house ended up on there. I WOULD be surprised if core elements of the game like housing itself they made you pay for. They said early on that's something they didn't wish to do.

And, also, here's a vid with loads of info.

Spoiler:
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I think they wont put in any sort of vanity shop.

Since I haven't seen any indication that there will be a freemium based model where some stuff like housing are shut off.

I think that the game itself will come as a everything included package.
Probably the cost to build things in the settler path would require you to get the resources first from the world.

@Rensin Yeah, I saw a little bit of that in the videos I've watched. I hoped for a little more than "oh you can build a mount vendor here! :D", at the very least we can put -anything- we want in the sockets rather than a predetermined structure. Too bad for no free-building. :(
Here's some info on paths.

The only reason I think they'll do a cash shop with some vanity items, is because they do have a "costume" slot area, as some have commented on. Considering this MMO is going to be published by NCsoft, the same publishers as Guild Wars 2, I wouldn't be surprised if their model was the same here. Pay once, don't worry so much on the cash shop as it's not pay to win, but pay for frills.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Could be that I'm wrong but I think Arenanet just uses NcSoft to sell their game copies and gem cards in retail.
While the rest is owned by Arenanet themselves.
NcSoft isn't like Activision where it also owns the company.

So my guess is that Carbine studios won't follow the path Guild Wars 2 took.
Maybe more like lotr, who knows?

It's hard to tell, and yes, it's just the publisher. They still are their own company.

It's like how EA publishes -everything- and gets blamed for "making bad games" when in some cases they didn't even touch it.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

though, they do own a lot of the companies that make those games.

Some cases, they don't. Namely the game I had in mind was APB before it was sold off and went FTP. The company that originally made that game went bankrupt a month after that game released.

These were also the guys that made the Crackdown games, which were also licensed by EA. Thing is, the studio that made the games went under, so. *Shrugs*

BUT, back on topic... is anyone in beta?

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

If you got a beast of a pc, chances are slim that you are into the beta. For stress tests you could get invited.

Yeah, my PC is pretty high up there spec wise, and I've yet to get invited for the stress tests. I really hope I do get invited though, I'm anxious to try to break stuff for them while also sampling the game myself.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I've been hearing alot about this game from people. Everyone thought is was awesome and now i got to actually see info on it, thank you.

Yea, the only beta i made was Dota 2, and it wasn't worth it lol. Very hard to get in one even with top notch hardware.
[Image: 14l32iv.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From Vagabond: Ultima Online Freeshard Kretol 0 14,249 05-09-2015, 06:16 PM
Last Post: Kretol
  The Elder Scrolls Online Shivali 1 4,154 04-25-2015, 10:54 PM
Last Post: Jaella
  Wurm Online? Harmonic 2 2,549 02-11-2015, 12:22 PM
Last Post: Harmonic
  Guns of Icarus Online Roxas65 4 1,171 01-02-2014, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Nick
  Other online games with active RP community? Aethon 7 1,547 12-19-2013, 07:46 AM
Last Post: Roxas65