The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Common's Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I've been gaming since I was a wee lad. My tastes these days vary from Shogun 2 to Mount and Blade to Skyrim. I'm also very interested in immersive RPGs - I love diving into deep universes!

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I'm from the United States, in a part that can be either really hot or really cold. I speak English and french phrases.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness and I've played every Warcraft game since. I used to watch my older brother and his friends play it, and I was so enamored. I remember looking at the CD case for WC2 back in the late 90's, where the advertisement for WC3 was, and wondering when it would come out haha.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

I got into Prologue WoW last year, but I lost interest. While looking for an RP Private server on YouTube, I came across this place. There were a few other servers, but they were apparently buggy. Plus, they were still in WotLK - the big selling point for this server was the Cataclysm expansion.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Hoo boy. I can't really answer this straight, because my interest constantly changes (which presented problems when leveling in retail!). My absolute favorites are probably Trolls and Worgen while tertiary favorites would be the Goblins, Belfs, Tauren and Humans.

What are your expectations of this server?:

Have a lot of fun! I can't wait to RP with other storytellers and immerse myself into the server.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

"Maturity": All too often, on RP servers in retail and beyond, you'll have spats between players. Additionally, there are a lot of players who take things too personally and bring attitude into OOC. When players are mature, it equates to fun times.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Siddhar sat on the ground, hunched over a short, old table. Made from wood, old and rotted, the table held a long, rectangular instrument with seven strings. Marked at increments, under the strings, were little white dots, like frets on a lute. When Siddhar rested a left index finger on a string, and lined up with dot, and plucked the string with the index finger on his right hand, it produced a harmonic. Pressing down on that string and plucking produced a lower note, but allowed the scaled man to slide his finger to another dot which raised or dropped the pitch of the sound. Still a novice in learning the instrument, Siddhar’s playing was slow and dotted with mistakes. His finger would not be precisely lined with the dot and produce a flat snap or he would slide his finger a little too high or low. When he tried to recite poetry or sing while playing, he would be out of sync with the instrument or he’d pluck the wrong string. Despite his fledgling state of playing, he hopes to garner some gold as a new arrival. As he played, a small cup, left behind from the previous occupants of his shack, sat in front of him, to collect any money from generous passerbys.

“The f-farmers s-son reaps his father’s crop,
and laments his l-life.
H-he looks to the s-sky,
and d-dreams of riches.” Siddhar stutters reciting the poetry. Each time he stumbles, he plucks a wrong string and quickly corrects himself.

“He sees a frog in the paddy,
h-hungry for the flies above him.
The frog j-jumps, and an eagle g-grabs him.
The farmer’s s-son sighs,
and reaps.”

Resting on his lap, however, was a naginata – the blade covered in a leather covering. The pole lay balanced, most of the pole suspended left of his lap while the blade occupied the right. The weapon’s weight no doubt affects his playing, causing his finger to drift too far or not far enough. His hands are clumsy, sometimes plucking too hard. Beneath the cowl that covers all but his eyes, Siddhar silently curses to himself at particularly noticeable mistakes. He swallows and continues.

“The fisherman stands on… on…”

Siddhar’s eyes narrow and his playing stops.

“On…”

How does the poem go?

“The fisherman stands on…”

Siddhar’s fingers lightly shake over the strings. His heart beats fast and he swallows, trying to remember how the poem continues. His eyes look left and right, yet they see nothing as the scaled man sifts through his memories. Each second passing seems hours long, and Siddhar cannot remember the poem. Taking a deep breath, he hums how he thinks the poem sounds and continues playing.
Hello there, Common! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

You found us on Youtube, of all places? :) That's kind of interesting to hear.

Remember to register your in-game account in the Account Management page with the exact information you registered your forum name under.

As per standard approval procedure, I'm going to link you to a few nice places that it certainly doesn't hurt if you double-check and make yourself extra familiar with. These are the Rules and Policies, as well as the FAQs. They've got a bunch of vital information in them.

Without further ado, welcome to the server and I hope we'll see you around!

Happy RPing!

Love,
GM Loxmardin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A common introduction (WITH a story). narrat0r 1 681 06-14-2011, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Delta