The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

INTEREST CHECK: Kalimdor Crusade
Well, I'm thinking of creating a guild on this server (when I have reached the rank of Grunt and my charatcher has been approved). The guild will be led by my charatcher Arrick and it will be a sort of military guild that has been tasked with going on a crusade of sort.

ALLIANCE vs. HORDE [KALIMDOR, FORT TRIUMPH - NORTHWATCH HOLD]

This guild is a sort of The guild will be fighting orcs, taurens and trolls mostly and we will do some events in; Northwatch Hold, Fort Triumph, Theramore and Alcaz Isle.

The story behind this guild is; A son of a rich noble returns from his exile in Kalimdor only to find out that his father has been put behind bars, he himself gets arrested over time and is put into jail aswell. His fathers household contains alot of strong retainers, knights and soldiers which the Stormwind nobles decides to make use of. They release Arrick (the son) and gives him and ultimatum either he uses his vassals to sail across the Great Sea and take the fight to the Horde or his father will be executed, he of course decides to gather his troops and sail to Kalimdor. He quickly gathers his old friends, hire mercenaries and calls for his bannermen to fight for him, he promises them gold, glory and revenge!

Example event: (opening event)

1. Gather at Stormwind Harbour and make preperations and climb onto the ship.
2. Get stranded on Alcaz Isle (fight some pirates and creatures??)
3. Get rescued and continue to Theramore.
-PAUSE
4. Ride from Theramore to Fort Triumph (perhaps get another encounter going with some orcs, ogres or dragonkin??)

SHORT-TERM
Establish a standing army
Create or take a shipyard
Sail to Kalimdor

MID-TERM
Create outposts and camps in the Barrens
Reinforce Fort Triumph and manage the defences

LONG-TERM
Evacuate important individuals from Northwatch Hold
Liberate and lift the siege of Northwatch Hold
Destroy Desolation Hold and control the Battlescar
Create and hold control over the Barrens until the main army of the Alliance lands.

Once again, this is just an interest check!
So would the son still be a noble? If so it could take some time to get a special profile through, so be prepared for a little wait if that's what you are looking to do. Sounds interesting to me, but alas I play fairly neutral characters.
[Image: 14l32iv.jpg]
(06-24-2013, 10:25 AM)Demigod204 Wrote: So would the son still be a noble? If so it could take some time to get a special profile through, so be prepared for a little wait if that's what you are looking to do. Sounds interesting to me, but alas I play fairly neutral characters.

Well I'm not sure what the rules are, we will be noble-born but he wouldn't be a noble during this or even when he returned since he is was exiled.
Ahh k, not any more would be faster and easier to get through.
[Image: 14l32iv.jpg]
(06-24-2013, 12:45 PM)Demigod204 Wrote: Ahh k, not any more would be faster and easier to get through.

Well, hopefully some other people can share their thoughts and maybe I can start getting this one going.
The concept isn't all that bad. But before you start creating a guild, you might want to join one first, get involved in the server for a few months, and then lift this idea off. Though a little expansion of these ideas would be pretty well received in the community. I could see a character of mine getting involved; but I'd want this to have a little more...Ooomf, you know?

(For all of you folk who just sift through threads and refuse to comment: Come on, give your thoughts!)
[Image: 54079-Dr-Evil-air-quotes-lasers-gif-A6nY.gif]
I think it would be a good thing to make your character, have him be part of the community and involved in currently ongoing Alliance centric story-lines. Then he could easily bring his friends/allies together and they could fulfill your desires for this guild as a story-line of events. I discourage the use of a guild simply because it would require creating another "clique" of characters whereas leaving it as an open storyline would invite more people to join you on characters they already have established. No characters have to leave their current affiliations to be a part of this, so no one would have to make a special character to play along.
(06-24-2013, 01:10 PM)Vladdy Wrote: The concept isn't all that bad. But before you start creating a guild, you might want to join one first, get involved in the server for a few months, and then lift this idea off.

(06-24-2013, 02:03 PM)Nightharrow Wrote: I think it would be a good thing to make your character, have him be part of the community and involved in currently ongoing Alliance centric story-lines.

Wouldn't me creating a guild be a good way to get into the community? :o

Thanks for your feedback thou.
Eh, not really. If some peon just pops out of nowhere and creates a guild, then it's not really going to pick up that well. A lot of the actions on the server that require groups, such as a guild or a storyline, require that people trust you, and that's something that you can really only get once you're an established member of the community.
(06-24-2013, 06:45 PM)FlyingSquirrel Wrote: Eh, not really. If some peon just pops out of nowhere and creates a guild, then it's not really going to pick up that well. A lot of the actions on the server that require groups, such as a guild or a storyline, require that people trust you, and that's something that you can really only get once you're an established member of the community.

Oh I see, but from what I've seen there is only like three really active guilds here, one is night elven, one his horde/draenei? and the last one is a cultist noble house. My charatcher don't fit in any of them but I'll join events and get a reputation.
I'm sure at least one of those guilds has a spot open for ya. This character could have been tricked into joining a cause they originally thought wasn't their problem. This passion can later transition into your character hating the guild, loving it, making friends... There's a plethora of different options out there, friend. Each of us just has to find the right one. Before you get involved in a guild, event, or anything really, you gotta run through your character's ideals and beliefs. Are they shy around people? Are they loud and brash in most everything they do? Those three guilds you talked about; they're each only a slice of cake. But imagine that all of these slices; all of the guilds, and characters are a slice. But this cake isn't just one flavor. It's strawberry, chocolate, vanilla, and scores more. Just when you think it can end up being predictable, somebody comes up with an event that can -really- toss out some character development. Stick around, friend. Trust me on this: The more players we have, the more role-play options we have. Once that's down? You'll start to make friends OOC that you get to screw around with on all fields.
[Image: 54079-Dr-Evil-air-quotes-lasers-gif-A6nY.gif]
(06-25-2013, 05:27 AM)Vladdy Wrote: I'm sure at least one of those guilds has a spot open for ya. This character could have been tricked into joining a cause they originally thought wasn't their problem. This passion can later transition into your character hating the guild, loving it, making friends... There's a plethora of different options out there, friend. Each of us just has to find the right one. Before you get involved in a guild, event, or anything really, you gotta run through your character's ideals and beliefs. Are they shy around people? Are they loud and brash in most everything they do? Those three guilds you talked about; they're each only a slice of cake. But imagine that all of these slices; all of the guilds, and characters are a slice. But this cake isn't just one flavor. It's strawberry, chocolate, vanilla, and scores more. Just when you think it can end up being predictable, somebody comes up with an event that can -really- toss out some character development. Stick around, friend. Trust me on this: The more players we have, the more role-play options we have. Once that's down? You'll start to make friends OOC that you get to screw around with on all fields.

Well sure, but this isn't me creating a guild - this is me trying to get a hang of how many people would be intrested in this sort off guild as I mentioned in my previous post, I will wait untill it it times to create this guild.

But everyone seems to drift and not comment on the guild idea rather just saying "You shouldn't create a guild before you are one of us."
That's a good point. I'll toss in some feedback.

The event/storyline doesn't seem much more than just a series of fighting-purely events. While this is all well and good, I would suggest trying to perhaps add another reason for characters to come with, such as an emotional reason, or a search for something, not just killing members of the Horde.
(06-25-2013, 01:25 PM)FlyingSquirrel Wrote: That's a good point. I'll toss in some feedback.

The event/storyline doesn't seem much more than just a series of fighting-purely events. While this is all well and good, I would suggest trying to perhaps add another reason for characters to come with, such as an emotional reason, or a search for something, not just killing members of the Horde.

Well the story for the main charatcher would be that he has to, because if he don't they will decapitate his father.

And for the other members it could be: Loyalty to the their ruling noble house, loyalty or friendship to Arrick himself, gold, revenge, honor and ofcourse revenge (again).

But as I said in the first post, that it was just a very very very short intrest check if people would actually like something like it. Since I don't want to waste alot of time comming up with a story, working out events and whatnot and then it's a waste just because people don't like the story or something.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Argent Crusade Revival Noble 0 611 04-06-2013, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Noble
  Hordes Militia (Battlefield:Kalimdor) Bingles 0 658 04-22-2012, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Bingles
  The Argent Crusade 0 403 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: