The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Humbling
"The Humbling.

"That's what I've come to call it. I used to think I was invincible. Then I was shown I was mortal. I thought I was on a pedestal. I was thrown to the ground. I thought that, maybe, I was meant for greatness. I was shown that I was wrong. My eyes of blue mean nothing in this world, perhaps that superstition is just that: a myth. Genetics mean nothing when it comes to fate. The ancestors do not care what color my eyes are, only that I have honor. As it should be.

"Back to my humbling, though! See, I used to be a Chief. A small clan, no doubt, but still a clan. Of those deserted, abandoned, and forgotten. My mate, Juna, and I... well, we named it the Wildhunt Clan. It was a good time, but I sort of become a zealous demon slayer. I thought I could make a difference by taking back our home, one piece at a time.

"I was wrong. I had been tracking an infernal for days, a big one, a deadly one. It was in a Forge Camp in Nagrand, and I was ready for it. I was going to destroy it. Little did I know, punching molten rock wasn't the best path to annihilation of demons. That wasn't going to stop me, though. With Tun'kar (ancestors watch over his soul) and Garridan and... my, I don't even remember everyone else! With him and some others, we went off to hunt the demon. I wasn't ready, and neither was Tun'kar.

"We both died that day. Or, at least I thought I did. The Mag'har actually saved me, against all odds. They found my melted almost corpse and healed me. I should be dead, but they had expert healers, still more in tune with the elements and spirits than I could ever be, even if I'd been raised a shaman my whole life. I knew, then, that I was truly mortal. That I was done being a hero. It was my turn to be that wise orc that passed on only the most powerful information to those who are worthy. I had some work to do.

"So, after thanking the Mag'har, I took a vow. I would do what good I could where I could, and instead of jewels and gold, I'd be paid in bread and water. I would live the life of a nomad, never staying in one place, gaining all the wisdom I could from one people, one culture, one area at a time, and then moving on to take the best parts of everyone and formulate them into my own mind. I would be a bastion of knowledge and understanding, but at the same time I would both acknowledge it and not. I would learn the humility I desperately needed.

"From the goblins of Tanaris to the warriors fighting off the insectoids of Silithus, from the lush forests of Ashenvale to the wasteland of Desolace, from the great bluffs of Mulgore to the Dwarven Wetlands, I studied, meditated, and learned. I even peaked into Elwynn a couple times, and learned from my greatest enemy. No longer were they my enemy, though! They were beings, with hopes and dreams and families, just like me. But that didn't mean I wouldn't serve the Horde. I'd fight when necessary, yes. But I preferred peace, for the time being. I'll probably go back to active fighting in the future, before my old bones give up.

"My journey of solitude and learning has ended. I am more enlightened than I once was, and I no longer think myself invincible. Now, you know what the hell I've actually survived, and you know what I have, which is nothing. And you still want to mug me?"

"You made me listen to your damned life story, old man. I don't think you're even telling the truth. Your gold. Now." the younger orc, dressed in a brown tunic, boots, and some old pants held a dagger towards the older orc. The older one shook his head, and took a step forward. The dagger shot out at his kidney, but the elder, having faster than expected reflexes, grabbed the wrist of the pup. He twisted his wrist, and the youngin' let forth a sharp, short cry of pain. An older orc than he snapped it, and then headbutted him, right in the nose.

The young orc fell down on his back, and his elder knelt down beside him. "Oh spirits... who are you, anyways, old man?"

The older orc just laughed, and raised a fist. "Who am I? My name is Kagrune. Kagrune Shatterfist. You're about to find out why they call me that." and so the young rogue did, as his nose shattered under the impact of the Shatterfist.