The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Looking for parents!
My character, Nali Dreamwhisper, is in need of a pair of (female!) night elves to serve as her parents. One of them is named Anrelle, and the other is named Serithe, and they are both huntresses and sentinels. Anrelle is more skilled with weaponry and stealth, while Serithe is more of a beast master. Both of them are skilled in wilderness survival.

In order to work with this, you must be comfortable with playing a lesbian character, and you must be able to play the relationship in a serious light without going over the top. Not that the characters can't have fun, hehe.

If you're interested, I would recommend reading Nali's backstory. PM me or reply if you're interested!
Hmm, I would love to, but alas I may not have enough time on my hands for this :(
[Image: 14l32iv.jpg]
Why would they both be females. Is homosexuality an accepted thing in Nelf culture?
[Image: OTnr9.png]
WoW lore doesn't really delve into that sort of thing and for good reason. I imagine for the Night Elves, it's likely something that's not that rare. Nor does it have to really be a culturally acceptable thing for it to still happen. Not everyone follows the 'norm' after all.
(07-05-2013, 06:25 PM)FlootsyGaz Wrote: Why would they both be females. Is homosexuality an accepted thing in Nelf culture?

Ahha, well don't I feel like it's my time to shine.

Amongst lesser lived cultures like Humans or Orcs, it probably wouldn't be expected as a good amount of their life is dedicated to having kids during the relatively short period that they can. However, with the Night Elves, you have something unique. They weren't having problems with numbers, like the Draenei (The only other race that's as long lived/longer lived than them) and, especially unique for them, there was a -severe- lack of men in the culture for a good 10,000 years. Actually, lemme put this in bulletpoints.

- Not as worried about babies, so the attitudes towards sexual deviance was perhaps not as strong. May have recently changed due to wars and death, but at the time, there were no real problems.
- Lack of men. During the Long Vigil, most men (I personally lean to about 75%) were in the Emerald Dream. Of course, immortality did not mean a pause of sexual tensions. And so, you had 10,000 years where the only real release available for sexual frustration was other females.
- Working in the Sentinels, like the two did, would probably foster some deep relationships, something that was likely pretty common between the two. With such an overwhelming amount going into it, I doubt that any large-scale dislike of it would have held much sway.
I hear especially with night elves "it takes a village" is really taken to heart and a lot of people can help raise an elven child. I believe adoption wouldn't be unheard of in their culture if these mothers adopted, but either way I think it's plausible in the WoW setting for someone to have same sex parents.
I am actually up for this, considering I wanted to roll an Kaldorei beastmaster two days ago!