The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

"Microphone" GM characters for recording big events
With all the talk of how intense Kidnapped has gotten this year, I'm really bummed that I didn't get in on the action. I mean, I could bum a chat log off a participant, but it would only tell the perspective of one character.

I would love if it could be worked out where, during major server events like Kidnapped or Skin Thieves, there could be a GM character (with Elephant?) that remained in invisible mode and would stick around in the main areas of the event 24/7, so we could have a general overview of the event's happenings. I know some Event only characters puppetted by GMs are available to everyone on the GM team, so it wouldn't likely be too much trouble for the event coordinator to relocate them for action happening elsewhere. I know it could never capture everything in the event, but neither does a puppy cam, and I still get the gist of their little, adorable lives. :3

So yeah. More work for GMs if implimented, but damn are these events awesome and, in my opinion, diserving of plenty of documentation.
Bit tough to do as I believe the game logs players out after a certain amount of inactivity, so the GM would need to check the character every now and then. If that isn't an issue for GM's or can be bypassed for such events, and the GM has the rig to support to keep a game window open 24/7 (or 2, considering they want to RP themselves!) without suffering from major lagg/FPS trouble then it could be a really nifty thing.

They'd just have to leave their computer running, and place the toon in a central area to record the chat. It really depends on the rig however, as some computers out here can barely pull WoW, others can do it but it would mean they can't play any other games or use other programs in the meanwhile. (Some can do it perfectly fine however, PC specs really vary in this community.)

If it can be done without making it a pain for the GM, it can be really neat. Not sure if other things apply, those were the first two that came to mind. (Internet loss will always be an unexpected event, can't really account for that, same thing with server crashes.)
I used to like to multi box, and with the right macros, I could get a 2009 MacBook to run four characters, only experiencing lag in places like Orgimmar, with really high character population. The hardware matter could be a potential issue, yes, but if any GM has a tower (which many people leave on 24/7 anyway) it wouldn't likely be all that taxing.

Another thing that just occurred to me that didn't quite work in the OP is having multiple GMs logging into the account. With convenient chat log addons being client-dependant, it would be easier to keep the character running on one machine, with GMs instead using their command to teleport characters to move it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My (Pre-Approved) characters' name is taken Alaric 3 692 12-23-2010, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Uthaniel
  TCG Characters DaveM 2 756 11-19-2009, 03:04 PM
Last Post: Angraa
  Adding Languages To Bilingual Characters Dotsy 5 1,036 07-05-2009, 04:24 AM
Last Post: Nostra