The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

AwesomeDinolord - Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

As a player, I like to be deeply involved inside a roleplaying theme, in fact, I originally stopped playing World of Warcraft, as a result of the ‘contamination’ of the vanilla servers, in favor of simply playing Warcraft 3, or the Elder Scrolls.

I, personally, don’t aspire to be a massive influence in the world. I doubt that I would make a good faction leader, for example, however, I do like to be an influence on the world. Essentially, if there was the option to be a faction leader, or to become one of the lower-level soldiers of that faction (or guild, I should add), I would elect the second option. I like to be in a universe were I feel like I’m assisting a bigger force, than my character, and, for that reason, I don’t wish to be a massive character.

I also like to play fair. I don’t believe in ‘godmodding,’ or whatever else exists. I once tried a server with an ‘insta-eighty’ leveling system, and I found it to be rather disappointing. There was no longer any element of build-up, nor an element of realism. Every player was the same level, and was essentially able to have whatever gear they wished. It ruined the experience for me, really. I much prefer this model that Conquest of the Horde proposes, as it allows for that, assuming there are players who want to use it, but it also means that it must be worked for, and it is not given to players lightly, and this means that there is unlikely to be an abuse of power.

I also like to be as helpful as I can in a game situation, though either physical help, or any other form. So, assuming someone was requesting a band of warriors to assist in a battle, or a raid, I would be more than willing to assist. Assuming someone was attempting to discuss the lore of Warcraft, or were engaging in some kind of debate, I would also be more than willing to assist, and I would attempt to bring the event to an intelligent conclusion.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I live, and was born in, Australia. I only speak English. I am beginning to pick up Italian, but it is still very weak.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

When I was about ten, I received Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos for my birthday. Ever since then, I have been deeply in love with the franchise, and my views on many of the more ‘common’ races (Orcs, for example) across different universes, have been shaped by Warcraft.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

I actually discovered the website by using Google to find a ‘world of warcraft roleplaying server.’ I was immediately attracted to the title of the website ‘The Conquest of The Horde,’ due to the fact that I am a massive fan of the horde. I was actually intrigued to see what kind of universe I could enter, through the server. I was excited to see that there was quite strict selection systems in place, as I believed they would maintain a high level of lore-authenticity.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I enjoy any kind of roleplay. I have never found that I complain when placed in a situation whereby I am not fulfilling my own story, per-say, but am helping another to succeed. In truth, I am willing to try any kind of roleplaying as long as it is entertaining, lore-friendly, and interesting.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

My favourite race is that of the Orcs. I am a fan of both warriors, and shamans, however, I find myself more drawn to the warrior aspect, as I seek to play a character that is fairly average, in the terms of abilities. I do not seek a massively overpowered character.

The Orcs are my favourite race, for a number of reasons. I believe that they are one of the most honourable races in the Warcraft universe; their tales of their betrayal, and struggles against the many forces placed against them, creates a strong racial pride. Their culture and rugged nature appeals to me greatly, on a personal level.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I expect that this server will be a great place to immerse myself in a lore-true universe, and it will allow me to live as a character. It will allow me to experience the glory of the Warcraft universe in a more personal setting, which I am extremely excited to have a chance at.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

I’m quite a fan of them all, to be honest. However, if I was forced to pick, I would argue that the humility aspect truly appeals to me. I like the idea of having a world where characters are subject to real-world restraints, if you will. The idea of having a number of people in the world, all of whom contribute to other stories, whilst also their own, reflects, to me, what the Warcraft universe is really like, rather than the vanilla World of Warcraft, which has now become a place almost separate from the true nature of Warcraft.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

A Man, A Boy and A Molerat

In a time before the world was ruled by bacon, and walruses were not running rampant in our streets, there was a man, a man by the name of Philipp Holger. Philipp was a simple man. Awake by seven, asleep by nine. Working in a steady job with good pay, he enjoyed the simple life. He did not smoke. He did not whine. He rarely got sick, and he had no tattoos. He was not bound to a faith, but wasn’t anti-religious. He never felt the slightest bit uneasy by any persons skin tone, and yet he had a fear of tall men with moustaches in trench coats. He had no grand plan, no mighty calling. Until one fateful Tuesday.

There was a child by the name of Adam, Adam Tulset. Being a fan of strong introductions he met people with the following statement, “Adam. Adam Tulset. Adventurer, collector and theorist.” He is also a part-time toddler. Adam was a fan of many things, books, dinosaurs (of which the Compsognathus, a small chicken sized creature, was his favourite). He enjoyed Batman and Robin, he enjoyed sweets, he even enjoyed his Brussels sprouts, of which he said were, “’licious when Mummy makes them all yellow-y.” He was a fan of jazz and rock, he preferred to stay away from pop and classical though. A fan of all things old and English, the boy was born after his time, but he made the most of it. And one fateful Tuesday, in town, he went on an adventure of his own.

Giovanni was one like no other. A creature of epic proportions, he studied Cosmetic medicine in Canada, before moving back to his hometown of Dixon. It was common for Giovanni to walk around town, repairing sinks and applying makeup at the same time, as he was an adept plumber and could use his tail like a third hand. Giovanni was a legend in the mole rat world. Loved by all he quickly made it to stardom, but the lifestyle was not one he was suited to. The parties took their toll, leaving Giovanni wasted away to a Crisp eating, coffee drinking mess. In the end, he looked at himself in a mirror and reflected in his strong Italian accent, “Giovanni what have you become?” With these words, he fled Dixon in search of a town that could fix him, not knowing anywhere populated by mole rats that could help him; he headed for the human town. He arrived on a Tuesday, just as a boy and his mother were exiting their car and a man in a suit shirt and tie alighted from a bus.

“Tuesday… The day without a feel.” Thought Philipp as he alighted from the 99 on to Regent Terrace. A small boy looked at him. The boy was wearing a knitted waistcoat, with an orange and red zig-zag pattern toward the base and one of those hats Livingstone would wear. He held a notebook in one hand, a pen in the other and a small back-pack, which he had decorated with various stickers and iron ons. He looked like the next David Attenbourgh, only six, and not English. A small pink shape rushed across the floor up the boys trouser leg and into his bag. “I’ll have to tell his mother.” Thought Philipp.

Adam loved town. It had skyscrapers, and the museum, and the huge park where he and his Daddy played hide and seek. He liked town, because he and his Mummy got all dressed up, even though they were just doing the banking and sending off letters. He liked town because of all the stalls, all the people all the shops, so many stories, and so many opportunities. Adam was just checking his Batman watch when he felt something scamper up his right side and then suddenly disappear. Being the boy he was, curiosity got the better of him and he reached into his bag to find his magnifying glass and pipe (of which his Mother had cleared of tobacco and ensured that the boy would never get his hands on anything flammable). Adam then proceeded to step into his detective state, declaring, “Inspector Tulset is on the case.” It was about this time the man from the bus began to walk towards his Mother, proclaiming, “Miss! Miss! Not to bother you, but something just ran up the side of your sons leg and into his bag.”

It was dark. It was loud. It was squishy, and Giovanni forgot he was claustrophobic. Exploding out of the main pocket Giovanni gasped for breath, before realising he was staring two humans square in the face. For a moment his heart stopped. It then started up quite quickly after his brain told his limbs to “BOLT!” However, he felt a connection to the smaller human that his vehicle was situated on. Something about the boys excitement towards his small footprints left in the dirt made Giovanni fell he needed to stay. It was at this point the woman above him wailed, “My son has a naked rat on him!” It was shortly after that most of the men on the street ran over and attempted to swat Giovanni, who then decided, death was not worth a connection with this boy. He then ran down a lane, fearing for his life.

Philipp had lost all connection with reality. A naked rat, hiding in the bag of a boy that he thought looked like the next David Attenbourgh was now running down a lane, being chased by men. It was implied that as the instigator of the chase, he had to chase it as well. This definitely meant he was going to be late for work. Marge would not be pleased.

Adam heard his Mother wail, assuming he was in trouble for taking his pipe away from home again, he hid it behind his back, just in time to notice a small pink thing that his Mother was pointing at was running down an alleyway. It took him less than a second to realise that that was the creature that left the prints. He then proceeded to chase the creature exclaiming after it “Stop! In the name of science! Stop! I just want to talk!” It did not occur to him for a moment that the creature would not understand what he was saying, unlike the other men; this was the correct thing to do, for this was no ordinary creature.

Giovanni felt the presence of the boy, or at least he thought he heard him, he looked back for one second to see the child keeping up with the adult men, holding his own, exclaiming at them “I have this under control, don’t worry! I’ll get him and I’ll take him home and we can talk!” The men ignored him, save one, the man in the tie and shirt. How unusual that one man could listen to a voice, that was clearly that of a child. How unusual that even the most bohemian of the pursuers ignored him. How unusual the doctor that wore a teddy bear on his coat ignored the words of a child. How very curious.

Philipp had just noticed the time when he heard a young boy telling the men “I have this under control, don’t worry! I’ll get him and I’ll take him home and we can talk!” He looked at the boy, was astounded to see that he was running at the same pace as the men and then noticed that the boy was the same one from earlier, the same that he had alerted his Mother to the fact that this creature was inside his bag. He was the reason this chase had started, and unlike most children, he was investigating as to what the creature was, as opposed to running to his Mother. “Time for your Samaritan moment Philipp. Help the boy catch the thing.”

Adam was running. Then he was flying. Then he was neither flying nor running, but still moving quite quickly. He wondered whether or not if he had tripped. He hoped not, he really did dislike grazes on his hands and worse still; he wouldn’t be able to catch the little beast. He checked to see if he had hit the ground. No, he was still standing, or more to the point, not lying on the ground, however, his legs were thrown to his right, and his arm was thrown around the neck of a man, a man in a suit and tie, that same man from earlier. He wondered why he was like this; he checked his hands for cuts. None. He had clearly not hurt himself, so he wondered as to why the man was carrying him. He checked where they were going. They were still running after the little creature, however how the man was offering him a container of Chinese food, which he had recovered from his bag, as well as a pen, he instructed the boy to “Punch holes in the lid! Throw the food out! I think I’ll be going home for lunch today anyway!” He did as he was told. Adam noticed that the container was slightly larger than the creature, when it occurred to him that they were going to capture the thing. The holes had been poked; small dashes of blue ink were inside them. He then continued to empty the container onto the ground, causing rice and wagyu beef to explode across the cobblestone lane. Men yelled and complained as some tripped over to dodge the mess. Adam wondered whether or not they had hurt their hands, then quickly remembered that the creature was still running. Calling out to the man carrying him, he told him to “DROP ME WHEN WE ARE CLOSE!” Then man, being an irresponsible gentleman, did as he was told. Adam ran at the creature.

Giovanni was in a fair state of cardiac stress. He had not run in at least three years for anything longer than from his house to the deli to purchase the morning paper, for exercise more than anything else. Escaping from a mob did require a fair bit of fitness, or at least the will to do so, especially if you are at least an eighteenth of their size. It was at this point that he decided that he was clearly unable to escape so he just ended up running slower imagining he was a child, running through the fields, it was a this point he felt a small hand pick him up and place him in a small plastic box. He then realised that he was more or less safe now. Suddenly, the box flew into the air and then abruptly haulted as he turned to see the man from before carrying he and the boy to a bus station, with a bus, almost leaving the station. How he thought they would catch it was beyond him, but he hoped they could do it.

Philipp was reaching for his travel card in his bag when he remembered that he could simply push the bag against the rider tag. Flying down the street he just made it into the bus. Soaked from head to toe in sweat he tagged on and said to the driver “They are doing a charity run, the little man here was nearly run over. They don’t want a ride.” The driver responded with a simple, “Understood sir. Take a seat, you look like you could use some rest.” Philipp seemed to emphasize that point further by simply nodding and taking a seat as the bus begun to drive along the road, towards the town centre. It was at this point that he remembered he was carrying a young boy, whose name he did not know and who was carrying a creature that neither of them knew. “Well done mate, you caught him.” Philipp closed his eyes.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

No, there is nothing really that needs to be clarified.
Hello there, AwesomeDinolord! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Remember to register your in-game account in the Account Management page with the exact information you registered your forum name under.

As per standard approval procedure, I'm going to link you to a few nice places that it certainly doesn't hurt if you double-check and make yourself extra familiar with. These are the Rules and Policies, as well as the FAQs. They've got a bunch of vital information in them.

Without further ado, welcome to the server and I hope we'll see you around!

Happy RPing!

Love,
GM Loxmardin