The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Festival of Bread (08-02-2013 - 12:00 PM GMT--8)
http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/calend...calendar=1
Starts: 08-02-2013 12:00 PM GMT--8
Ends: 08-04-2013 12:00 PM GMT--8

Festival of Bread

[Image: 2v3h4yu.png]
[Image: 33ombr7.png]

Quote:"Everyone today of course recalls the grand harvest festival of Hallow's End. Rotund orange pumpkins lining the streets, the smell of the harvest's grain baked into bread wafting out of windows.

What many have forgotten is that is just the last of three harvest festivals..."

-Historian Ezra Zachery Miles, Royal Library of Stormwind
from Humanity's Holidays, Festivals, and Sabbats, a minor note in Humanity's history keeping.

With Summer's verdant growth fading away, the time to harvest Autumn's ripeness is nigh upon us. Many seeds were planted in Spring, and the first to be threshed is grain to be baked into fluffy, hardy, and rich breads. Sundry other grains are given thanks for as well; corns and barley are two of note. Fruits and vegetables that ripen in summer are laid upon the table to be feasted upon.

As last time, the event will be Alliance only just south of Goldshire. Events will be over the course of the weekend, and again as last time, the grounds will remain open for casual RP. The event will be a deal smaller than Midsummer, since...it isn't Midsummer! And I can't spoil you folk until Hallow's End, now can I?

Events, Starting 12pm ST (Later in the day in Sunday)
Opening speech by Roux Blackwood

The stringing of corn necklaces on black thread.

The burying of Witch's Bottles.

The making of a Solar or Corn Man wheel.

Wild blackberry collection contest. With prizes!

Open feasting during the day and night.

Merchant stalls selling themed wares; lots of bread from all Alliance cultures, both new and old, various corn and grain wares.

Note: These will occur over the weekend. I've not listed them according to a singular day to keep things fresh, and because I'm indecisive. As well, if Rosencrat hosts her usual Felfire, my event on the same day will be held off to the next. No troubles!

[Image: nqtlqu.png]
My body is bready

Spoiler:
[Image: 248559944_40deacb842_z.jpg]
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
Beltharean...

:|||

Spoiler:
[Image: 3ps0b2.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
I'd butter those biscuits.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

You'd better believe Beralle will be there to make some serious moolah.

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
Sunday's stuff will be moved to later in the day to make room for Maulbane's noble shenanigans.
I'll see how much attendance I can make, but the war with Australian Timezones is a long a difficult one :|
The Artist Formerly Known as Mickspider!
(07-30-2013, 02:50 AM)mickspider Wrote: the war with Australian Timezones is a long a difficult one :|

Yes, unfortunately. Drayke'll be there for as much as possible, but timezones may prevent too much participation.

[Image: USYWXqZ.gif]
Hmm. It looks like I'll be available for this time range, so I might just bring a certain Draenei to spice things up. Literally.
[Image: anim_500.gif]
How come no one ever does Horde-only events, but they do Alliance-only events?
(08-02-2013, 08:06 AM)ProjectRandom Wrote: How come no one ever does Horde-only events, but they do Alliance-only events?

Seek out the Deadeye Watchers for your Horde shenanigans. As for Horde spirituality and festivities, those are often forgotten amidst the BLOOD AND THUNDER. Perhaps you can take it upon yourself to get some Horde stuff going?

That aside, I'd rather keep this thread focused on Bread Festival stuff, and not complaints about who does what or doesn't. Thank you for convenient bump!
So, this thing.

Apologies for not coming through, got hit with stage fright and a lot of conflicting events. Will try again this week, if I see the server crowded!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winter's Veil Festival in Tyr's Hand (12-20-2014 - 01:00 PM GMT) CappnRob 1 1,720 12-20-2014, 01:37 PM
Last Post: ImagenAshyun
  The Wickerman Festival Vooz 3 2,693 10-26-2014, 11:18 AM
Last Post: Vooz
  The Love Festival 2014 (02-16-2014 - 02:00 PM GMT--8) ImagenAshyun 33 10,063 03-04-2014, 09:41 AM
Last Post: Caravan
  TLE Festival 2014 Impromptu Play Sign-ups and Planning! Geoni 19 6,827 03-03-2014, 11:55 PM
Last Post: c0rzilla
  Rain on the Mountains: The Battle for the Cauldron - Part 1 (12-29-2013) Franksta96 0 805 12-29-2013, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Franksta96