The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A CotH RPG Directory?
Hey gang!

I've been wanted to get one of these posted for a while, because I know a lot of us are big on our tabletop/P&P gaming using the various mediums of the internet. It's a big part of the community so far as I can see, so I figured it's about time someone paid it notice.

Think of this like an index we can use to LFG and LFM for these games. I'm not sure if it'll take off, but I figured it'd be a nice thing to have.

DMs of CotH, I give you a template:

Spoiler:
DM: This should be obvious. You should only be posting one of these if you're running the game yourself. :P

Players: List the people who're participating in the game as players over here.

System: The core set of rules you're utilising to run this, perhaps with notations for any supplements or houseruling you might be using, i.e. FATE, GURPS, D&D 3.5, so on.

Setting: The world, 'verse or campaign setting your game is taking place in, i.e. Shadowrun, World of Darkness, Eberron, etc.

Genre: This might seem obvious, but you can run a lot of different kinds of games even within seemingly prescriptive and predetermined systems. If your game was a book, movie or a computer game, what genre would best describe it to help others get a feel for what goes on? Consider this as a way of selling it to people who may not be immediately familiar with the setting or system.

Style: Do you prioritise combat or intrigue? Action or narrative? Crunch or fluff?

Status: Is your game preparing to start, running actively at its scheduled or agreed-upon times, on standby or hiatus for any reason or unlikely to start again?

Medium: Do you play via Skype? Roll20? Some other third-party medium?

Recruiting? Here you can denote whether there are any spots free in the game and whether there's room for new people to join.

When? This is where you note down your scheduled game time, if you have one. Use Server Time for convenience's sake.

Synopsis (optional): Again, if it was a book, write a short blurb so people can get an idea of what kind of story you're telling.

Code:
[b]DM:[/b]
[b]Players:[/b]
[b]System:[/b]
[b]Setting:[/b]
[b]Genre:[/b]
[b]Style:[/b]
[b]Status:[/b]
[b]Medium:[/b]
[b]Recruiting?[/b]
[b]When?[/b]
[b]Synopsis (optional):[/b]

If you're just starting or thinking about starting a game, then this template might help you pull people together. If you're interested in running or joining an RPG, then you can register interest in this thread.

I suppose I'll get started!

DM: Sol
Players: @Rowgen, @Lendri, @mimloopen, @Zhaei, @aroes, @Piken
System: Only War (Fantasy Flight Games)
Setting: Warhammer 40,000
Genre: Military science fiction with a healthy seasoning of survival horror.
Style: Largely action-driven but relatively combat-light, as we often find ourselves with problems we can't simply shoot our way out of. Tend to be inclined towards flexibility with the rules to prioritise narrative.
Status: On standby. Waiting to find a good time to restart after a long break.
Medium: Skype
Recruiting? Full, I'm afraid. Six is a difficult-sized group to manage.
When? Whenever enough people are online, free and want to play, usually. Flexible.
Synopsis (optional): Dredged from the depths of an ancient penal colony, a crack team of hardened convicts are deployed into the ruined capital of a rebellious sector in a do-or-die mission of sabotage and reconnaissance. Poorly supplied and not expected to survive, they soon discover that there is more to this treasonous world than meets the eye, and that evil lurks in its long shadows . . .

I'll start listing people's templates in the main post as they appear and once I figure out a way to organise them neatly.

Take it away, guys.
DM: Guess.
Players: @Reigen, @Grakor456, @Loxmardin, @Rowgen, @HolyNexus, @Sol (One of these things is not like the other [I swear I try and find players who aren't GMs, it's just that this is the game that survived... and... I tend to be friends with other GMs, so...])
System: 7th Sea
Setting: 7th Sea
Genre: Swashbuckling Fantasy
Style: ... Action-heavy? Basically everything's treated as though if it's a scene from a movie. If something important's happening, more emphasis is placed on it. A... dramatic sort of style, I suppose.
Medium: Skype/Roll20
Recruiting? Negatory. 6 People's good for me.
When? Well we're figuring out a date to pick-up again.
Synopsis (optional): Vikings VS Everyone Else, with our players being 'Everyone Else'. Takes place in the city of Bruk, a Vendel city on the northern shores of their main island... with the Vesten riiight across the waters on their islands. Basically revolves around the dramas of having so many various societies all in one place. Also, Don Alejandro Nunez de Torres del Castillo.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
DM: Reigen
Players: @Xigo, @Loxmardin, @Rowgen, @Grakor456, @Clovis, @Krilari, @Sol and ever now and then guest star @Kretol [I sware I'm not playing favorites]
System: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition
Setting: Warhammer Fantasy
Genre: Rag-tag adventure group getting pulled into situations.
Style: Linier for the most part, a balance between combat and investigation.
Medium: Skype/Roll20
Recruiting? No, seven people is plenty.
When? Every Saturday at 12:00pm server time.
Synopsis (optional): I can sum up the groups actions in a few words: Let's not turn this into a murder.
I am enjoying all the warhammer settings so far...
DM: Me!
Players: @Xigo, @Rini, @Spiky, @Hawk, @Jonoth (with @JVNemesis having a spot if he's not busy with work)
System: Custom; Fairly simple d100 system with heavy emphasis on roleplay.
Setting: Custom; High Fantasy, sort of.
Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama (and hopefully some Thriller/Horror, but we'll see about that)
Style: It will be very roleplay-driven and after the introduction (which is heavily railroaded), I'll be playing it as an "open world". Do whatever you want with it and I'll just have the world react to your influence.
Status: Not started yet. We're still going through setting details and I've yet to start explaining the character sheets. We're also looking for a good day of the week to play.
Medium: Skype, primarily.
Recruiting? Yes, I could do with one or two more players, potentially.
When? When we find a day and time that works for the established group.
Synopsis (optional): Magic has a very special role in this world, where humans dominate a super-continent and surrounding lands; all under the guiding hand of a single King and his family. Magic is rare, closed off from mankind due to past catastrophes and only granted to the lucky or crafty through numerous dangerous trials. The only way you can be granted control of any of the magical elements is by making contact with one of the Great Four; magical crystals representing the four elements, hidden away somewhere in the world in secret and presumably heavily guarded locations. Word's gotten out that someone's disclosed the location one of the four crystals, and a ship's about to set sail in that direction. You'll be on that ship!
DM: idk
Players: @Sol @Frogspawned @Psycho
System: Deathwatch
Setting: Warhammer 40,000
Genre: Mission based roleplay. Largely investigative elements (yes even as marines).
Style: Like with genre, it is mission based but includes plenty of sandbox during and between missions where characters can attempt to do their own things or put their own ideas to the test. As marines combat will always be present, however it is mostly about making the right choices and investigating potential leads.
Medium: Skype
Recruiting? One more player may be possible. Must be able to synchronize timezones with the rest.
When? As soon as people are online. AKA when Sol is online.
Synopsis (optional): The Deathwatch has served a silent vigil within the Jericho Reach for ten thousand years. With the dawn of the Achilus Crusade, their role has become far more prominent and known... both to friend and foe. Following a disastrous series of events where entire squads of marines were obliterated, Watch Fortress Erioch has ushered in a state of emergency. Are all of these failed missions really the fault of the individual marines, or are they all connected in a greater web?
"Do not be fooled if you hear laughter, or happen upon a smile. There is no happiness or merriment here."