The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Jade's intro
Hello everyone!

First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
As a player, I firstly like to have fun. If I don't enjoy what I'm doing, I simply won't do it. I played a lot of WoW before Mists came out, primarily during initial release and up through Wrath, and a tiny bit of Cataclysm, all the while raiding and doing standard stuff, with little to no RP. I found out I really enjoy roleplaying, particularly in a game setting (such as WoW), which is the main reason I am here. I'd love to experience roleplaying at a larger scale than I've found on other private servers, but without having to pay to play, and without Mists of Pandaria stuff.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am from the United States of America, primary language being English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I like MMORPGs, and I liked all Blizzard games back before it released, so it's kind of a given that I got into it.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I found CotH on Google, and the fact that it seems like a large, well kept RP server drew me to register and post an intro and whatnot.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
All roleplay! As long as it is fun, I'll do anything!

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I like humans most for some reason, but I'd also not be against playing as any other race. I enjoy them all!

What are your expectations of this server?:
I don't really know how to answer this question, so I'll say this: I expect that I'll have fun and meet plenty of people to have fun with.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I like the "Knowing When to Quit" portion of the Rules on the wiki. It takes a lot these days for a person to recognize discomfort that they have caused in another person, both in basic chatting and in-depth roleplaying, and by mentioning what is mentioned in this portion, I hope that it sort of sticks in the subconscious of players. Getting harassed in whispers by people kinda gets annoying, especially when there aren't many rules to prevent them from doing such a thing, which is something I've experienced quite a bit both on retail and private servers.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The woman's hand squeezed on the leather grip of her dagger, eyes watching the face of her victim closely, seeing every twitch of every sinewy muscle under the skin of her enemy's face as the life faded from it. She could feel the vibration of the struggling heart against the blood-warmed blade sunk into his chest, until finally, it became motionless.

Damned orcs had surprised her as she was setting up a small, leafy looking lean-to for the night. A pair of scouts; no easier than a standard green skinned grunt, just fewer numbers and less armor. The first one went down quick when she flicked a dagger from her boot straight into his neck, right as he peaked in to see what was in the small lean-to. The other orc had shoved his partner aside, already dead, storming into the minuscule cover she had, forcing her to tumble out the back. The orc followed her, no less than a hand-length away, sticks and leaves being scattered as the temporary structure was razed from the large orc crashing through it.

They traded blows, but she knew she wouldn't be able to take him down easily, not as easily as he would've bashed her face in with a few well placed punches, so as soon as she got the chance, she took it. She ducked and dodged two of his huge flying fists, shifting her weight for the third punch, which landed at her left hip, pushing her the opposite direction, allowing her enough time to pull the dagger from her right hip, extend her arm, and plunge down into his chest.

The orcs were scouts, wearing light leather armor, not meant to get into fights but meant to observe and report back. Lucky for her, this orc's armor was just that; the leather split like a hot blade cutting into butter, scratching along the surface of his left pectoral, sliding along his green skin, sinking while it did, her feet skidding on the soft ground from the blow to her left hip. She almost lost her balance, the punch had shaken her bones, but she kept her grip on that blade, jamming it down to the hilt, feeling his heart struggle with the foreign object now firmly stuck in it. His legs lost their strength only a second later, though it felt like a long while before he reacted, slumping down into a weak kneeling position.

She stared at his face, which never changed from the rugged grimace he had at the start of the fight. His cheeks twitched, his big, reddish-brown hued eyes relaxed. She let out a heavy sigh, having been holding her breath while he took his time to die, stuck on her dagger. She pulled it free, a flow of blood following the blade as it exited the wound.

They were just scouts, which meant a larger party with heavier armor and bigger weapons were just out of sight. There'd be no rest, tonight.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I actually like the way of obtaining an in-game account so far. From what it seems, this server has been around a while, and looks to be around for a while to come, so clearly you guys are doing things right. Can't wait to get in and RP!
Hey there! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, jadestertybs!

I'd suggest giving the server rules and policies a few look-overs, to get an idea of what our rules and expectations are.

All over the forums, we've got all sorts of articles and guides for quick-reading incase you're not too familiar with the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips when you're creating a character.

Once you're in-game, I suggest doing /join Chat (for OOC talk) and /join Barrens (for silly banter)! If you have any questions at all, you can ask me or any other Forum Helper or GM. Asking around in-game works as well, should you not be on the forums at the time!

Thanks for sharing that story with us! I enjoyed reading it very much. Hopefully you'll find a place to call home here on Conquest of the Horde.

As soon as you get everything figured out and you're lurking around in-game, I would suggest typing in .help to see what kind of commands you can use to help you set up before roleplaying. You can spawn your own gear in, open your bank from anywhere, and unlock every flight location.

We hope you enjoy your stay here!