The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A "Ruff" introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Greetings, I'm Ruff.

I got my first computer when I was mere 4 years of age, and from there my gaming life unfolded. There are so many games I've played that I can't even recall the name of, but I've tried all kinds of games. Strategy, Simulation, FPS, Adventure, RPGs, MMOs, you name it. At younger age, I spent a lot of time playing MMO's (WoW included), which increased my ability to communicate with other people in English, even though it isn't my first language. I raided a lot, got into different guilds over time, and had fun in general. When I got a bit older, my variety of games expanded quite a bit, as I went to play a lot of different games, getting a good ability to adapt to the different playstyles that were introduced to me.

When I got even older, I developed a thirst for realistic gameplay, hence the genre of Simulation. I loved playing different Battlefield games, living myself into the game, so to say. I created all sorts of roles and schemes in my head as I was playing, which could quickly change if I died unwillingly or something similar. I started roleplaying on Retail WoW servers, joining a core-roleplaying community on the server "Earthen Ring" where I played for years. First out, I did poorly when it came to roleplaying... I wasn't very old, and the idea of "I CAN BE ANYTHING =D" struck to mind, which lead to overpoweredness and stupid scenarios.

It took me not long to realize how to behave, and I was accepted into the more serious roleplaying "ranks", so to say. (Several "elitist"/hardcore roleplaying guilds/groups/players had no intention to RP with someone, who looked new or who behaved non-accordingly to their specific terms, or else they simply just did everything they could to dismiss them as much as possible.) That way, I got to understand more in-depth roleplay, and since then I've tried out roleplaying in many different games; ArmA II's DayZ mod for instance, Garry's Mod, Battlefield, even IRL.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from Denmark, Scandinavia, so ideally my primary language is Danish.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My older brother introduced me to the first Warcraft games, where I played through the singleplayer missions, got to know the lore and played a lot on Battle.net, when Warcraft III came out.

Later on, we both started playing WoW, even though I kept the habit, and my brother swung off to play other games that were more interesting/challenging, my fascination for the game didn't stop.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
My friend DunnZ showed me the server, and as I read through the rules and general information, I got interested. It seems like there's proper control on the server, and there're many elements which I think helps on maintaining a good vibe and balance on the server.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
All kinds. Common interraction, fights, arguments, etc. Generally just a situation, where I'm able to "join in", rather than just standing and looking at everybody else.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I like trolls, since there's a close resemblance between them and "rastas". Ah like da hol' ting 'bout dialects 'n dem melee fitin'-styles. Capoeira all ova' da ples, breddan. Of course, I also enjoy chilling reggae hits, and to blaze da green. Of course, this is just a stereotypic view on the whole subject, but it still adds shards of enjoyment from my side personally. (Doesn't mean I'm going to create a herb-puffing troll, who'll capoeira everyone's ass ingame, not at all. I've roleplayed a lot of trolls in retail, usually getting compliments about the great dialect I was able to pull off, cool emoted attacks when in fights etc.)

And class.. it depends, really. Mostly I'm in for the brute melee-style, IE Warrior. They're fairly simple to play, not all that magic-stuff, which, in my opinion, can be a bit more complicated in RP fights, for instance.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To enjoy my time around, to have fun and be able to become a part of the community and get some unique experiences out of it, and hopefully be able to participate and improve other people's time around.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The Humility rule are words well-spoken. I have great respect for this rule, as it doesn't only apply to this server in particular, but is really something everyone should understand. If people apply to this rule, it can mean a better time for everyone. Simple as that.

The Keyboard Skills rule is also quite nice, since I personally enjoy interracting with other people, who put just a bit of effort into their spelling and vocabulary usage. In my opinion, and personally, it'd improve my time on the server, if I wasn't greeted with "hi mate how are you", but rather "Greetings! How'd you fare, brother?" or something like that. Of course, some people are still very much able to roleplay properly without having the best grammatic skills, but it still enhances the experience when you're able to elaborate yourself properly.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Once upon a time, a boy named Francis came to this world. This was no ordinary boy, for he was skillful in the way of Arms. He could strike down his foes with great, furious anger, leaving only devastated battlefields in his tray.

Although Francis was a great Man of Arms, he had a weakness... a weakness, that only few of his close ones knew about. A weakness that he sought to hide from every enemy to prevent his own ending. For he, was a terrible storyteller. Fearing for his reputation, he always managed to maneuver around incidents, where he might be asked to tell stories about his heroic adventures.

As Francis and time grew, more and more suspicion was raised towards Francis, as he had never been able to share all these epic tales and experiences. One citizen even grew so mad, that he decided to end Francis' life while he slept, so nobody had to endure more of these supposedly fake tales.

The citizens were struck with indifference; not caring about a common liar's life... so they lived on, unknowing. And to this day, it is still not known whether Francis' tales were true or not; and that is a sad tale indeed.
(Hint: I suck at storytelling.)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I hope this wall of text hasn't been written in vain, and I thank the person who has to read it for his time. Also, I hope my minor edits of the template are acceptable... it was just an eye sore not having the headlines pointed out.

Cheers,
-Ruff
Hey there, Ruffnek, and welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Make sure to check our rules and policies if you haven't already, or again if you already have! If you need help with creating your first character, check out the Creating a Character section on our wiki and our articles and guides subforum. They're all super useful for getting a feel of our server's roleplay style and chock full of useful information.

Once you get in-game, make sure to /join chat (for general chat and talk) and /join barrens (for banter and fun). If you have any questions, send a message to one of our GMs or Forum Helpers.

It certainly hasn't been in vain!

Again, welcome!
Zhaei
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]