The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Introduction - Medsy - Forsaken Role Player.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I have been playing wow on and off now for the best part of 6 years. I am familiar with most classes and roles and have played casually for most of my time. While i have enjoyed Wow on the whole the end game and pvp have failed to capture my attention for long periods of time. Initially I wasn't too interested in the lore side however, coming from a deep Warhammer and Post by Post roleplay background, i found myself exploring the roleplay aspect of Warcraft and quickly became an avid member of the Defias Brotherhood (EU) community. I have held many positions within the server's Forsaken only guilds and served under a handful of great leaders in various events and campaigns. I have currently been wow free for almost 3 months now and the itch to play has returned. However I have decided to pursue my love of roleplaying instead of jumping back into retail and thus I come to you guys.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I currently reside in the UK, specifically England. English is my primary language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I first got into Warcraft as a 14 year old, a couple of months before the release of WotLK. I was introduced by my younger brother who was in-turn introduced by one of his friends. It was the first MMORPG I experienced and quickly I became hooked.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
A simple google search for "WoW Roleplay Private Server". I have dabbled in private servers before hand and always wondered if there were any high quality RP servers out there. After reading the guidelines on joining the server I decided that i would apply to join. The fact that all members are screened before being granted access to the server shows me that the guys here care about the quality of the RP which appeals to me.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy guild + event based RP on a small to medium scale. I was never a fan of tavern roleplay as i always felt as i was just RPing for the sake of it. It always felt forced and, in my experience, the less competent RPers and ERPers tended to stick to the taverns. I enjoy RP-PVP as i hail from a RP-PVP server and enjoy RPing up to a climatic clash between two guilds or factions.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I have almost exclusively RPed as a Forsaken throughout my entire experience. I enjoy the Forsaken's lore and focus on the well-being of their own kind over the horde. I am also fond of the varied backgrounds of the various Forsaken RPers i have met over the years.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I have little experience with this server so far so all I expect is a friendly, active community with helpful staff.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The section on maturity sets my mind at ease when it is casted back to the times in silvermoon i have spent being harrased by non roleplaying children who have harassed me and when roleplayers who get touchy when things dont go their way.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):
No, If my level of Roleplay does not appear satisfactory then sure i will take part in this program. I have been out of the scene for a while so this may well be the case.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
((I intend to do this later in the weekend if all goes well))

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Just a couple of questions really:
Are there a good number of varied guilds on the server?
Is it a large active community?
Is there an uneven Horde/Alliance Split?
Does the Server have an overall storyline or server wide events?

That's about it really. To anyone reading this feel free to pm or email me with any questions/improvements/queries so on.
Hello, Medsy, and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! Also, if you haven’t already, make sure to register your in-game account in the Account Management page using the same information you registered your forum name under.

As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as scale and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can! And if not me, any Overseer, GM, or Forum Helper.

Quote:Are there a good number of varied guilds on the server?

There are, but the activity of the guilds tends to rise and fall depending on whether the guild leader can be active or not. And at one given period of time, there can only be a few active guilds.

Quote:Is it a large active community?

We have a lot of members on CotH, but the active userbase has become smaller than it used to be. On average, there are 10-25 users online these days. The numbers tend to be all over the place depending on what's going on.

Quote:Is there an uneven Horde/Alliance Split?

In all honesty, there is. There's almost always something going on when it comes to Alliance RP, along with Neutral RP, but Horde RP is a bit scattered. A lot of Horde RP is Blood Elf RP, but they're sometimes isolated from the other members of the Horde, as are Forsaken.

Quote:Does the Server have an overall storyline or server wide events?

It depends on how you look at it. There is no overall storyline for the server - it follows World of Warcraft lore and little is customized. But there are often events that a large portion of the active population attends, which will be obvious when they happen.

I don't mean for these answers to be off-putting, because despite these things, there's still a lot to be found on this server, and the content of the RP is wholesome. If there's a kind of RP that you can't find on the server, there's a will and a way to generate it if you have the commitment.

I hope you enjoy your stay!

~Geo
[Image: anim_500.gif]
If you're looking for Forsaken RP, I've got a little guild focused around social and religious undead RP!
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another Introduction for Another Role Player anscharius 1 562 03-28-2013, 01:53 AM
Last Post: flammos200
  They were not always Forsaken... Gravecrux 2 677 10-02-2011, 05:45 AM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  Player and Character Introduction erycfawx 1 809 07-24-2011, 01:35 AM
Last Post: Delta
  New Player Introduction Sevil 2 816 07-09-2011, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Aerikan
  New Player! Likes Kittens and Rainbows. And Roadkill. grimbrow 5 1,030 11-23-2009, 02:20 PM
Last Post: grimbrow