The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

ManyFacedFool's Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Hoooboooy. I'm bad at these. Okay, well. I'm a student of game development, probably going to go into Computer Science in the near future. I have been roleplaying for, oh, three or four years now? I started on an IM chat, and then later moved to forum RP.

I've been playing video games effectively all my life, and I suppose I could be called a 'Hardcore Gamer' among some circles. I enjoy PvP. I like to hone my skills and strategy, then pit them against people who are a challenge to defeat. I like to play RPGs and other games where I can tweak numbers and customize things, and then see the fruits of my labor.

I dabble in drawing, music, martial arts and voice impersonation as my whim dictates. My friends often tell me I am weird.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I'm an 'MURICAN. I speak two languages: English, and Bad English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Umm, I played a few games of Warcraft III on school computers in High School. I kinda just started playing WoW because it was the biggest MMO around and I wanted to see it for myself.

Started roleplaying on it when I discovered just how boring PvE servers are, and how obnoxious PvP servers are when leveling.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

My good friends Buggie and Boltknuckle started harassing me to join. They were both officers in my old guild and I made a habit of listening to their advice. And they are good friends, of course.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

Uh, that's actually a hard one. I enjoy most every kind of roleplay. Sitting around a tavern and having a few beers, plotting espionage and betrayal for personal gain, extended IC philosophical and political debates, high-octane action RP...

I like it all, but I guess I'm really into stuff involving magic and technology. Like, with my character as a wizard or engineer. It's fun to me.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Hard one. Really hard. I played a goblin for most of my time on WoW, and also REALLY enjoyed my Undead. Draenei are awesome, and gnomes are underrated...

But for class I really like my warlocks. I find them interesting. I like to write IC for my demon pets, and their constant attempts to break free, defy my character's will or just make the best out of their situation. I also have a soft spot for evil and keep a copy of Peter's Evil Overlord List under my pillow.

What are your expectations of this server?:

Quality. I want to RP with people who are concerned with making good, interesting characters and writing well. I want to actually be able to get into RP with more than just a few close friends. I want people who can see all the very good reasons lore is important when in a community.

I just want to have fun RPing.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Quote:Be respectful. At all times. This is not optional. Show respect to your fellow players, regardless of their faction or affiliation. We are all playing this game to enjoy it, and being rude or disrespectful to another player does not enhance anyone's enjoyment. If it enhances your own enjoyment, you undoubtedly do not belong on this server. Being respectful is easy enough if you think about it. Even players that you dislike or seem unable to get along with can be treated with respect. When all else fails, the IGNORE filter is in place for a reason.

This right here. I always do my best to be respectful of other players. Whether it is how you phrase your emotes, how you give advice, or how you refuse to hand out gold to anyone who asks. I just find that being respectful makes everything go smoother and more pleasantly for everyone involved.

Even if you are grinding your teeth and swearing behind your monitor.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):

Ummm... Yes. Why not? Gonna probably have a few questions about the server itself. Besides, I know my lore knowledge has a few holes in it that Google hasn't patched yet.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

White. The world had gone to white. There, in that northern forest where the wind drove the falling snow like an icy whip. The hunter was cold, and the tracks he had followed so far had long since been wiped clean. He was alone, and he was lost.

Curse that woman. He'd have her blood by nightfall, or he'd die in the pursuit.

He kept going, blind in the frozen woods. It was his best chance, both of finding her and to keep from freezing to death. She was such a small woman, but her pace had been almost supernatural. She moved straight, unnerring, and he had found no traces of campfires for two days now. Knowing what he knew now, it didn't surprise him.

What she had done. What he had found in that old house. It haunted his dreams. He saw the blood, the markings, the bodies. The scents of musk, dung and sulfur.

And the thing, locked in it's cage. Oh, God's mercy that thing. It haunted his dreams. He swore he could still see it in the corners of his eyes. Lurking, lurking behind every tree and in every shadow. It was wrong. Wrong in so many ways. It had been wet, and hairy and winged. Eyes where eyes should not have been, and a mouth like the gaping maw of the grave itself.

Words failed to describe such a thing. Such a terrible, unnatural thing. And when it screamed, he had felt himself go mad. He surely must be mad. No man can keep sane with such a thing burned into his soul. He couldn't hear anymore. He'd made sure of that: He never wanted to risk such a sound again.

And here he was, miles from all civilization, hunting the woman responsible. The woman he loved. The mother of his child. The witch. The things she had done, she had to pay for.

He was lost in these thoughts, when the wind changed. It began to swirl about him, more fierce than ever. It tore the snow from the ground and draped a sheet of white over his vision. He was deaf and blind, and he knew this was no natural storm. She was here. She had found him as he looked for her.

The man shouldered his rifle, looking around in the sudden whiteout. There was nothing. Nothing at all to see. A low growl and a garbled swear escaped from his lips before he could think better of it. That's when it hit him. A flash of raw, intense heat in a world of ice. Agony claimed his leg, and he fell to the ground with a scream he couldn't hear. Snow and dirt filled his mouth and nose. All thought left him, replaced by sudden fear that his leg may not be there anymore. Then a second flash found his hip, a third burying itself in his back, and his body became pain.

The hunter couldn't move. His legs wouldn't answer, and his arms felt clumsy and weak. He turned his head. He could barely see through the darkness that swam in his eyes. It wasn't snowing anymore. No... That wasn't right. The white came back, just beyond the next tree. There was just a hole. A gap in the air. Whatever had struck him down had turned it all to steam.

And there, he saw her. Coming to him through the trees as the world collapsed. Her. The love of his life. The mother of his child. The woman who had killed him.

And she was smiling. Smiling at his pain.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I don't like roll fights very much. But I have learned to live with them.
Hello there, ManyFacedFool! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

You don't sound like a Fool from what I see here in your introduction! Impressive and well-done. :) I'll have you know I'm fluent in Bad English, too.

Remember to register your in-game account in the Account Management page with the exact information you registered your forum name under.

As per standard approval procedure, I'm going to link you to a few nice places that it certainly doesn't hurt if you double-check and make yourself extra familiar with. These are the Rules and Policies, as well as the FAQs. They've got a bunch of vital information in them.

Without further ado, welcome to the server and I hope we'll see you around!

Happy RPing!

Love,
Overseer Loxmardin