The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

[RL] Ural's Unusual Undertakings
Video 
Every now and then I am talked into trying something random and new. This thread will highlight those adventures.

I call it, "Red bird on a branch".

[Image: red_bird.jpg]
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
Video 
I had to go rescue my wifey after an ice storm caused her to slide into oncoming traffic. As close as that was to a head-on collision, both my wife and the lady she hit had no injuries. Shaping up to be the worst winter yet!

[Image: Wreck_02172014.jpg]

When it rains, it pours. Just add wind.

[Image: IMG_20140221_175529_632.jpg]

I think @Reigen sent one of her agents to aid in the car buying experience.

"Just.. no."
[Image: IMG_20140227_190245_722.jpg]

If it were one of @Reigen 's minions, you'd be dead by now.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

My minions are far and wide and work in mysterious ways.
Video 
Free pancakes on my birthday. Nationwide. :D

[Image: IMG_20140304_173010_965.jpg]

When you... people!(?) were wasting your time with pancakes, this is what we did in the great empire of Sweden - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semla
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
UGH, I forgot it's Free Pancake Day yesterday! D: There's no way I could have gotten any (my eyes were not suitable for driving that day)
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
Some people get smashed for St. Patrick's Day. However the unusual purchases a car. :|
It took f o r e v e r . . Regardless, it'll help my wifey do people transfers to/from her car SUV so she can transport them easier to where they need to go.

[Image: IMG_20140317_211523_725.jpg]

Edit: I didn't realize how appropriate the title of this thread is!

I made food!

[Image: IMG_20140324_202151_700.jpg]

Garlicky crescent rolls cut in half with a lil' smoky and piece of swiss cheese. Cook at 350*F for about 15 minutes and voila, instant house-husband.

Tonight I had an opportunity to step into the world of a caregiver along with my wifey, her mom, and a couple other providers. We took a drive to a nearby city's middle school. Every Saturday they open up to the community and provide basic needs and a meal. Tonight we had a spaghetti dinner and cake. I know my wifey has been going for nearly a year.. so I mustered up some courage and offered to tag along.

It's definitely not my comfort zone, but I know my wifey really appreciated me going. They were also giving out bananas, potatoes and loaves of bread. I didn't go up to get any but.. another caregiver (We'll call him N) went up and picked me up some bananas and potatoes while I stood in line with his special needs client. It was fairly nervewracking to be in a such a crowded room and watching someone twice my size and with the mentality of a four year old. It's not something I ever really expected to be a part of. It really made me think about my wifey and her being in the process of getting legal guardianship for the big one and his sister; their adoptive mother isn't doing so well and is residing in a nursing home.

After dinner, N helped me carry out a few bags out to my car. Now to be honest I don't really know him so well.. but he looked me in the eye and asked me with all seriousness why didn't I get the supplies. Talk about being humbled! I really do think myself too proud for aid. I hesitated and murmured about not knowing what I was really doing here in the first place. He simply said when we go to these, we gotta take what they give us. I spent some time reflecting on this.

N is originally from Africa and is helping my wifey realize her dream of going to Africa on a missionary trip. Which.. is scary! For me anyway. I already managed to get the time off work which is a small miracle itself. Am I ready? Not at all. But I believe tonight was a step in the right direction.

I just wanted to share. This all feels so unusual to me.

Posted from my phone!

[Image: sockit2me.jpg]

"Half-inch nine-sixteenths?"
"Yeah we got like five of them."
"Hey do you have a six point seventeen millimeter?"
"Six-point? Do they even make those?"
"Yeah I've got a few in my area."
"I've never seen any."
"Hey we could make another allen wrench set.."
"Do we really need more than one? I hardly ever use them."
"...I suppose not."
"Six point fifteen millimeter?"
"Hm? Oh, yeah.."
"Hey I found a six point nineteen, do you need that?"
"No I don't use that size."
"What does this even go to..."
"Six point fifteen millimeter?."
"No I've already got one of those, I need a seventeen."
"Does anyone have any deep well eleven-sixteenths?"
"Nope, go fish."

And this went on for about six hours.

I've been slacking busy but the adventures continue!

Right so I posted a picture of the wifey and I at a football game. Did I ever tell you she also likes video games? Together we made it further than we ever have before!

Spoiler:
No stairs should be labled "Level 400". It felt like we were climbing forever!
[Image: IMG_20140412_150051_519.jpg]

Seriously, Ohio weather is awesome. It can go 70*F, down to 15*F, snow like crazy for six hours, and then zip back up to 40*F like nobody's business. Look, even the snow is terrified, clinging onto the trees for dear life. This was the other day. (This is also my backyard.)

Spoiler:
[Image: IMG_20140415_154915_800.jpg]

This was today! On the side of the highway, broke down. My good ol' trusty rusty let me down. At 286k miles I can't really blame it. Turned out to be the Alternator, and it was pretty easy to fix. This happened after I worked an extra hour and a half due to equipment breaking at work. Usually I'm home after three and today it wasn't until 7:30pm.

Spoiler:
[Image: IMG_20140417_172038_362.jpg]

So I'm standing there on the side of the road. Thinking. And thinking how awesome it is to come home and upload this little space of mine. So I grabbed a shadow-selfie. I'm so proud of my chin companion. He's totally struttin' his stuff!

Spoiler:
[Image: IMG_20140417_173226_043.jpg]

So last Monday I was busy trying to get my truck fixed (yes it broke again), anyway I come home late to this! I didn't even notice it when I pulled in, those are my wifey's headlights. "Oh.. lookie there."

Spoiler:
[Image: tree_monday.jpg]

*squint squint* "Eh, tomorrow's problem." Fast-forward one week!

Spoiler:
[Image: before.jpg]

*GASP* Didja see that chain hanging from the trunk? THAT'S MY HAMMOCK TREE NOOOO!!!!1!

Nothing me and my trusty-rusty axe from college's Primitive Tools class can't handle.

Spoiler:
[Image: axe.jpg]

A couple hours later I tire out with the majority of the work done. Just the big stuff left to chop up. I would start a fire, but it's a bit windy for that. In the meantime? My dog will sort through all the piles of branches and mulch the ones he likes. x.x
Spoiler:
[Image: after.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ural Underlines: Event Rewards Ural 3 1,180 10-14-2014, 03:19 PM
Last Post: MstrCorvus
  [Ural]'s Weekly Updates Ural 8 1,980 05-20-2014, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Ural