The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Leave of Absence
Hey,

Lately, I've been lacking a lot of confidence about my roleplay. How, in my opinion, it is dull, boring, repetitive, and all that. However, I've been postponing it, and today I got a boost of confidence from having my CMC finally approved... only to have something else nagging on my mind. I was having some RP and my character got ignored after making some pretty direct inquires to other characters. I have good enough faith to assume that this happened because of people simply overlooking text, although it's not like the RP was that busy... and besides, it's my fault for not calling it out OOCly or ICly. Still, it hurt, and, as silly as it sounds, it made me sad. However, it doesn't really matter, I'm just a little sensitive to this kind of thing, and needed to get it out of my system.

So... I'm going to take an absence. How long, I don't know, until I feel ready, probably. I suspect that's not going to take that long though, I may feel down now but I believe I actually heal rather fast. Maybe a week. I'm also going to temporarily leave the Skype group and the IRC, but you can still get in touch with me via Skype if you must.

Sorry for polluting the forums with a childish and possibly poorly thought post, but bleh.
That's adorable.

Just ask OOCly if the person seen the emote or not. It's usually not intended.. Get more confidence, silly. Your RP is fine.

One way or another, do whatever makes you feel better. You should know better than anyone. See you when you get back. :)
I know your feel, ghaskan. I think you're super wicked amazeballs, though.
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]
ohi I'm back! Damn, looking back at that post is kind of embarassing... shouldn't have let all that negativity* pile up. Thanks for the kind words anyway, guys!

I'm coming back, but not at full capacity because... well, the second semester has started and I have to study and all that, plus I started playing a rather longish game that needs some attention or I'll never finish it. I'll come to RP, though, mostly because I really need to get Scarstripe going! Can't wait!

Spoiler:
Basically the concept of last straw applies here - I let negativity, which came mostly from my own self-doubts and lack of confidence in my skills, fill up an imaginary cup and that last thing I talked was the last bit that made the negativity spill. Which is why it probably affected me the most and thus I wrote about it. Quite silly in retrospect, but I won't edit it away BECAUSE I'M A TRUE WOMAN and everyone has had the chance to see it anyway. Just silliness. That makes me feel a lil awkward. But that will go away. Ahem, sorry, I'm getting rambley.
Welcome back! I was worried when you left, I had plans for your character! Incredible plans. Mwaha.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Absence Gunnash 3 2,070 01-23-2015, 12:30 PM
Last Post: Altaine
  Absence Gunnash 0 1,619 01-17-2015, 12:55 AM
Last Post: Gunnash
  My Absence(s) Rosencrat 10 4,530 09-20-2014, 09:25 AM
Last Post: Ural
  Squirrel's official absence thread FlyingSquirrel 3 1,928 08-30-2014, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Kretol
  Absence V2.0 Paylonas 5 1,472 08-21-2014, 09:00 AM
Last Post: Paylonas